King Song 14 C Mark 3 800W 680WH Review

fearedbliss

15 hours ago, fearedbliss said:

Those pedals seem nice. Are they bigger than the stock ones and if so by how much? Also is that a rubber interior? If you've tested them, is the grip good?

If the final production design is the same as the one that was demonstrated in October, then yes they are a significant step forward in comfort over the original, but a couple minutes use on an indoor circuit is not the same as daily use, only time will tell. The footprint is below:

Pedals.thumb.png.85075b0809a9020ad73c6ca

On 12/26/2015 at 7:28 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Urgh, why is it that the forum backend system sometimes embeds the video, while at other times not? 

When I had this problem, adding a return (new line) at the end of the link while editing usually worked to make the vid appear. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2015 at 10:31 AM, OliverH said:

But the main different it that the Firewheel ones are solid and really very good - outstanding. The new KS will be slippery as the Ninebot rubber is. Users will put away the rubber stuff and replace it by a sand paper used on public stairs.

I left the rubber in place and added the Grip Tape around it.  It's a Perfect combination for me.  I can move my feet around when needed, but they don't move on accident.  The NineBot pedals are SOOO Comfortable compared to my TG F3.

IMG_1295.JPG.43fa3761fb4011c93597db35bac

5 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I left the rubber in place and added the Grip Tape around it.  It's a Perfect combination for me.  I can move my feet around when needed, but they don't move on accident.  The NineBot pedals are SOOO Comfortable compared to my TG F3.

IMG_1295.JPG.43fa3761fb4011c93597db35bac

Looks good. This rubbers are so slippery when used with shoes having no real profile. So you need this sand grip tape.

The only pedals you don't need to modify are the Firewheel ones.

4 hours ago, OliverH said:

Looks good. This rubbers are so slippery when used with shoes having no real profile. So you need this sand grip tape.

The only pedals you don't need to modify are the Firewheel ones.

Even without the Grip Tape, these were 10x better than my TG F3, and MUCH more comfortable. Only time I found it an issue was when they got wet, then it was hard to stay on.  Now it's no problem.  I grip tapped BOTH wheels while I was at it.

I'm keeping my eyes out for pads that resemble these or the new King Song ones that I can retro fit to my TG F3.  The size and shape makes a World of Difference on comfort and how long you can ride without stopping.

Although I haven't tried that many wheels, I do love the pedals of the Firewheel, no problem riding in slight rain/off-road or for long routes without stopping. And as other people who have tried more wheels also state that they are very good (if not the "best"), the other manufacturers should definitely take heed from their design (ie. steal it? :D;)).

19 minutes ago, esaj said:

the other manufacturers should definitely take heed from their design (ie. steal it? :D;)).

I totally agree.  There's not likely a patent on them, so use the BEST design to make your riders more comfortable.

I'm also thinking they should build in Foot Massagers into the new wheels coming this year.

56911305b973e_NineBotOneBefore.jpg.af9fa

+

FootMassage.jpg.ff1480c2a8db38a860b4224e

=

NineBotOneFootMassage.jpg.33978d8dc34bbe

OR, Better Yet!

W+TM=AHHH

Wheel + Tiny Masseuse = Ahhh

NineBotOneFootMassageBetter.jpg.6b639533

On MCM4 the batteries are on top of the shell - you can see it on videos when they open it up.  This means the wheel is balanced because the weight is above center not on the sides.

The problem with larger pedals are the chance of scraping the ground.  If you have them wider they'll scrape (when you turn), if you make them longer they'll scrape.  A good solution is to adjust them up a little into a more prominent "V" position.  This also helps feet slipping off the pedals.  If you are able to adjust your pedals you can crank it higher and crank it some more.  You'll find that your feet cannot slip off at all after adjustment - it will be a different feel on all points after that of course - different feet position, different ankle angle, and different leg pressures on the side pads also.  Probably the best solution is customizing for the individual which include replacing the pedals maybe.

Another point in ergonomics are the side pads and shell width.  When you get used to wide shells and you switch to narrow ones you will probably find you have less control at first because you are now pressing against the side of the EU in different places.  There can be another debate on vertical sides or curved sides - in one's mind the curved contoured sides will be imagined as better than flat sides but the question is where do you want the pressure against your leg to be - should be it against your ankle bones or should it be on the muscles of your calves?  Could you get nerve damage when it's wrong?  Yes.  I think if you're uncomfortable you should customize or shop a lot ($$!!)

How long would you have to be riding before understanding what is the better design?  As you get better the less uncomfortable it becomes.  I have an Airwheel X6 which is very wide at the sides and I find it the worst against my calves.  I think of removing the plastic side covers and carving out the middle of it under the silicone padding before putting it back on to customize it - the problem is that plastic is incredibly tough actually.  I'll probably just end up using it for parts maybe put it in a new chassis that might be good.  I hate to get rid of it as it has the quietest motor of all.

I find the most comfortable pedals among my EUC's are of the MCM4's combined with the very soft foam padding than gives more leg control on the wheels. Second is the IPS Zero pedals supported by the extra blue soft foam padding that I extracted from a sit-up machine.

• 4 weeks later...

I tested grip tape but of course did not stick because of front to back grooves.

I cut side to side grooves, most pleased with grip now. I posted this photo on another thread but seems to fit in well here now.

The more I ride my KS14c the more I love it! Really like the front headlight at night, battery life and power to spare!

But, I do notice motherboard heat up, case is warm to the touch under the handle, when idling in my living room after about 15 minutes and have wheel wobble, tire? that I still can not get out.

I am waiting on a smart phone to  be able to see temps and reset beeps, tilt back and blue tooth for music to rock out while freestyln.

Sorry, I forgot to ask  what for me could be an important question as I know I will eventually open mine.

Who has cracked open their KS14c M3 and can maybe post photos and or give suggestions, tips on what to look out for when both dis and reassembling.

THANKS!

ukj

gripmod.JPG

15 minutes ago, UKJ said:

I tested grip tape but of course did not stick because of front to back grooves.

I cut side to side grooves, most pleased with grip now. I posted this photo on another thread but seems to fit in well here now.

The more I ride my KS14c the more I love it! Really like the front headlight at night, battery life and power to spare!

But, I do notice motherboard heat up, case is warm to the touch under the handle, when idling in my living room after about 15 minutes and have wheel wobble, tire? that I still can not get out.

I am waiting on a smart phone to  be able to see temps and reset beeps, tilt back and blue tooth for music to rock out while freestyln.

Sorry, I forgot to ask  what for me could be an important question as I know I will eventually open mine.

Who has cracked open their KS14c M3 and can maybe post photos and or give suggestions, tips on what to look out for when both dis and reassembling.

THANKS!

ukj

gripmod.JPG

I can help you with the internals if you need to disassemble.  Are you planning to change the tire or something?

yes case will be warm to touch t check the temp. In the applicatuon, what is it? May not be a problem.

Also i would like to know more wbout the wobbling

good job with the pedals

Archived