Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

19 hours ago, SamSuffit said:

While putting 3D printed suspension and putting plastic sheet to limit dirt ingress,

I'm just about to install the 3D printed suspension. The bearings arrived 30mins ago!
Has the plastic sheeting made any difference?

I've been thinking of doing something like that to my wheel.

6 hours ago, Julian-NZ said:

Has the plastic sheeting made any difference?

I don't know, i am still working on my wheel, but it seems to protect well from the tire splashing dirt into it. I just copied the idea from here: https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/18129-la-kingsong-s22/?do=findComment&comment=352049

On 10/29/2022 at 10:18 PM, NErider said:

My S22 dipped hard in turns out of the box. It was really bad and i was afraid it was unridable for me. I did a calibration,  and it went away completely. It rides fine in hard mode now. 

On 10/30/2022 at 4:14 PM, kiitick said:

Mine was really that way as well, until I calibrated it. Once calibrated for level, it went right away. I remember thinking it was close to unrideable before that.

So I calibrated my S22 with a level.  The tilt-backs during turns still exists.  I also gave up on my -2 degree forward tilt that used to feel good and balance the wheel at 0 mph.  Seeing this again gives me the sense that rebuilding my S18's suspension should be my next project.  The S18 is way more maneuverable due to the S20 having this Tippy Dippy Bullshit.  (yes this wheel is a V1 S20 with 4th controller that calls itself an S22)

THIS firmware version is "Tippy Dippy" and I hate it.  Doing 5mph 180 degree turns within about 5' trail-width dumps me off the back (even post calibration).  Here is an example (start at 4:45 in the video to see it).  And watching it again to post here - boy that makes me angry to have to deal with that.  

Edited by Elliott Reitz
clarification
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, SamSuffit said:

I don't know, i am still working on my wheel, but it seems to protect well from the tire splashing dirt into it. I just copied the idea from here: https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/18129-la-kingsong-s22/?do=findComment&comment=352049

@SamSuffitThanks Sam
This is so much easier.  :thumbup: I was thinking of laminating a carbon sheet to fit (talk about over engineering!)

I'll look for some Mono Film locally. If I can't get any, I might cut open a large water container. I don't need the strength, just a bit of stiffness.

Back to work :efef50e3ba:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Julian-NZ said:

@SamSuffitThanks Sam
This is so much easier.  :thumbup: I was thinking of laminating a carbon sheet to fit (talk about over engineering!)

I'll look for some Mono Film locally. If I can't get any, I might cut open a large water container. I don't need the strength, just a bit of stiffness.

Back to work :efef50e3ba:

For ###  sake, use duct tape!  For the crappy sliders it won't matter how much you try to protect them from dirt.  The more they scratch the more they bind regardless of your lube job. 

Get the rollers and let the good times roll!

Edited by Elliott Reitz

Please send any excess good karma my way... I ordered my oompaloompa from eevees today. It has the bad motor in it, and the bad sliders, and probably the bad motherboard and the bad velcro as icing. But the price...

(somebody buy my other wheels, I don't have room for this!)

4 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Is the gold edition supposed to be better?

longer warranty and one would think it has the pinned motor already installed, but other than that... nope. Except it's gold and not lucky-red.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Please send any excess good karma my way... I ordered my oompaloompa from eevees today. It has the bad motor in it, and the bad sliders, and probably the bad motherboard and the bad velcro as icing. But the price...

(somebody buy my other wheels, I don't have room for this!)

For anyone considering the purchase of an S22 from eevees.com on sale, you should known they raised the price on the wheel and insurance overnight.

What cost $2626.00USD yesterday now costs $2766.00USD. The actual fluctuation overnight in the CAD-USD exchange rate was only $.00538694 (US peak to current), or an extra ~$14USD (check my math).

Hmmmm.

image.thumb.jpeg.bbeb91c4fd39bda8a3083109db7dab87.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8017823c0fe992285e62f26093bf7255.jpegimage.png.36b1756655dc75b2c45b5edd579b74ae.pngimage.png.e5b7de52f6885b7733026bba79a157ce.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, definitely demand pricing. I think they may be fishing for the price that'll move the inventory (although 14USD isn't much). I didn't get the insurance, paid 66USD for shipping and 2440USD for the wheel. It's already been picked by UPS in Canada.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kiitick said:

Put the cnc sliders into my s22 today. As I was taking the wheel apart, I couldn't help but smile with the ease of teardown. I love the new sliders, very nice. Turns a great ride into an incredible ride. It was the difference in ride that spiked pedals first made. Had some friends come over, and ride the upgrade. I now have several friends that want the s22. 

This is really encouraging to hear. If some effective dust protection for the sliders are also found, then we have four different effect suspension designs competing.

It will be exciting to see how they will be refined, and how well they will ride over time.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

This is really encouraging to hear. If some effective dust protection for the sliders are also found, then we have four different effect suspension designs competing.

It will be exciting to see how they will be refined, and how well they will ride over time.

Summary of the suspensions sliders propositions from what i understand:

In my opinion, the Spanish or French ones seems to be the more robust and complete system with CNC, 6 wheels and dust protection.
I have not any financial interest in this post, i just want to summarize the current available options.

Edited by SamSuffit
price indication added
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, SamSuffit said:

Summary of the suspensions sliders propositions from what i understand:

Great summary! If we can find out prices for each one, the list will be even more valuable. ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Great summary! If we can find out prices for each one, the list will be even more valuable. ;)

Good point. The price has been added, but for the artisanal ones the price is still adjusting between 160 and 220EUR from what i think, depending on the options, calculation of costs, and excluding transportation. You have to contact directly the creators in order to have a detailed price.

Edited by SamSuffit
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SamSuffit said:

The price has been added

Marvelous! I thought I saw someone mentioning a ~$100 system coming from RevRides or something.

I think @Elliott Reitz mentioned the expenses for the printed parts, and it was maybe something like $30-$40? If someone can really introduce a ~$100 system, they’ll have big problems manufacturing them as fast as the markets would like!

11 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Marvelous! I thought I saw someone mentioning a ~$100 system coming from RevRides or something.

I think @Elliott Reitz mentioned the expenses for the printed parts, and it was maybe something like $30-$40? If someone can really introduce a ~$100 system, they’ll have big problems manufacturing them as fast as the markets would like!

RevRides was working on selling the 3D printed ones.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Would ex-Jack King Song still have a direct line to KS?  Or anyone else.

Be great if KS could just assemble the S22 with the best available sliders.

They are already working on their own official version that they are prototyping with good results, so official version coming sooner or later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1