Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

13 minutes ago, MrP-MrF said:

And torque ? Better ? More reactive ?

hard to say really, it felt okay but I wasn’t really stressing it. I only had a really brief ride under the old firmware. 

in that short video above the 60 plus was going uphill on slight incline. No pedal dip, did get beeps at one point. I’m also pretty hefty 95kg. i’ll check the insta footage tomorrow. 

good solid wheel though 

• Like 3

More delays, I just found out from my reseller (EUCShop.lt) that the S22 shipment that was supposed to go out in April was cancelled for something (unknown) that needed fixing, shipment now planned for end of May instead. 😓

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, oolong said:

I've always thought that a euc with a 12 inch and maybe a 3" wide tire would be a good street/trick wheel.

Really off topic now, but I'm imagining how much fun an Mten with a P42A pack could be at the skatepark.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

More delays, I just found out from my reseller (EUCShop.lt) that the S22 shipment that was supposed to go out in April was cancelled for something (unknown) that needed fixing, shipment now planned for end of May instead. 😓

Hope they'll change the battery. Like i said before there's more efficient battery...

15 hours ago, Rawnei said:

eWheels is waiting for the 40T batteries, they said they'll let us pre-orders know when they have dates… but arrival in the US is looking to be July.

Hopefully July 2022 :rolleyes:, but that little detail falls into the category of: "if you can't stand the answer, don't ask the question".

22 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

i just got back from a group ride and managed to ride the new firmware. Was up to high 50s/60s (km/h) on a slight incline and little bit of beep. 

Had non stock pads, felt better. 

lower pedals, felt ok

Pirelli Diablo Rossi tire, felt great! 

Small stairs and just a quick ride but it felt really solid. Especially at speed and braking. 

i’ll edit it together and hopefully it looks ok. 

It's a Pirelli angel 80/80, and the slides had been completely degreased so there was much less stiction in the slide. Glad to hear it still feels solid though. Had some complaints that it was 'too squishy' from the non-suspension riders who wanted something comparable to their existing wheel.

18 hours ago, MrP-MrF said:

And torque ? Better ? More reactive ?

Compared to our other model with the stock Jiluer tyre this gets up to speed noticeably quicker but that will be due to the lower profile and better grip of the tyre. More testing to do this week to see the actual difference.

• Like 1

What kind of dry lube should one get for the sliders? PTFE? Anyone know what type of lube ecodrift used?

47 minutes ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

It's a Pirelli angel 80/80, and the slides had been completely degreased so there was much less stiction in the slide. Glad to hear it still feels solid though. Had some complaints that it was 'too squishy' from the non-suspension riders who wanted something comparable to their existing wheel.

Compared to our other model with the stock Jiluer tyre this gets up to speed noticeably quicker but that will be due to the lower profile and better grip of the tyre. More testing to do this week to see the actual difference.

i saw i made an error there and tried to edit before you caught me lol :) 

Hey @Brendan "nog3" Hallidaywhat are your gloves? someone was asking in my comments. 

Are there different PTFE dry lubes, any preferred for this application or just by whatever? Anyone got some insight here?

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Are there different PTFE dry lubes, any preferred for this application or just by whatever? Anyone got some insight here?

I'm going to try a product called Dryfluid.  Made in Germany. Designed for bikes.  We use it on the main and tail shafts of our rc helicopters.  

https://www.dry-fluids.com/dryfluid-gear-lube-1.html

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, supercurio said:

@wstuart oh haha from the price point, I understand why using it for miniature items 
(although, what kind of quantity would be needed for the S20 sliders in your opinion?)

Not only that, it has to be cleaned and relube often for the offroad folks. Those sliders can trap dirt and grit. Impossible to justify I would  say.

8 hours ago, Funky said:

Figured this video may help. Have they upgraded the breaking power on s20/22? After so said "fire".

What he is talking about is magnets skipping, I don't think anyone reported magnets skipping on S22 while breaking, people who said it was hard to break most likely did not have the right geometry configuration: pedals too high (you can change that) and foot position too much forward.

14 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Brake - slow down

Break - damage

English language has many perculiarities.

Ok Mr. Word Police, it's easy to mistakenly write the wrong word when you are typing fast and thinking ahead.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Funny, I have seen so many people on the EUC forum or Telegram chat that mistaken the word "brake" and "break".

Therefore, since common usage dictates, dictionaries need to catch up with the times. 🙂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

But no matter how many people start riding through reds, the meaning of the red light won’t and shouldn’t change… :lol:

No worries there. Since no two obects can occupy the same space at the same time, the numbers can't get too high because the law of probability will catch up, especially in high traffic density cities. 

Edited by techyiam