"Dangerous" motorchange on Inmotion V11 is is possible?

Finn Bjerke

3 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

My mouth is bigger than my brain.  This is "dangerous" but advice in here are greately appreciated.

This the first step advice: get this fixed then you might be able get somewhere. 

Step two: work on how to write respectfully to others then you could see someone work show you same courtesy. 

Step three: accept some things take time wither you like or not. 

Step four: last time I checked the planet rotaaten around it own axis. Not around individuals despite their views and opinions. 

Now I will add this you managed to find my ignore list so for beter or worse that mean should you correct yourself I wouldn't know and don't care. I will not see your posts anymore. That is one part I got back when stepping out of the moderator group. 

• Like 1

1. In order to get better bearings for V11 the motor and wheel have to be replaced, waiting time for spare parts is forever. Inmotion you can do better, is changing the bearings inside motor an option for very savy tech ppl? 
2. If the new bearings are a shitty product we need to get into the motor anyways, so could we have info about old and new bearings and maybe buy better new ones. 

Uventor: U stopped moderating is prob a good idea. Try to debate the topic if at all possible.  If there is a disconnect option Id love that. 

13 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

1. In order to get better bearings for V11 the motor and wheel have to be replaced, waiting time for spare parts is forever. Inmotion you can do better, is changing the bearings inside motor an option for very savy tech ppl? 
2. If the new bearings are a shitty product we need to get into the motor anyways, so could we have info about old and new bearings and maybe buy better new ones. 

It’s certainly possible, but it’s not easy and you need some rather specific and not really common equipment. Ideally a hydraulic press or something like that, and a piece of pipe with an exact size (so maybe you need also some machining tools).

Alternatively it’s possible to get out the old bearings  just using a flame, but I don’t think that a hair drier would be enough (the guy was carefully using a blowtorch). But this might destroy any heat treatment and deform the side panels.

As for specific types - I’ve seen people telling this in the telegram channel and perhaps on this forum too, so it should be possible to find it. Just mind that there are two different sizes now - batch 1 and 2 have a smaller bearing than batch 3 I think.

• Like 1