Dog chasing EUC riders small advice how to handle situation like this πŸ•

DjPanJan

This thread is pretty awesome.

Β I’ve been exposed to many animals who aren’t domesticated and usually ride on trails or through the woods. Because of my experiences, I always bring protection fitting the environment, which is usually an automatic pocket knife or a flipper from 2.5-4in.

If I was further up north near the mountains of bear country then i would bring something more deadly, if needed.

On 5/7/2022 at 8:59 PM, Boostnsvt said:

I’ve been exposed to many animals who aren’t domesticated and usually ride on trails or through the woods.

What a harsh thing to say about other riders!

j/k

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Woman loses both arms after vicious dog attack

119K viewsΒ Β·Β 1 month ago

Β 

See your post and it made me think of this joke I seen somewhere 🀣

A girl with no arms and legs is laying on the beach....

She stops a man that is walking along the water and asks: β€œCan I tell you something?”

The man replies: β€œsure”

The women says: β€œI’ve never been hugged before”

The man gives her a hug and starts to walk down the beach again when the women then says β€œI’ve also never been kissed before” 

The man kisses her and again starts to walk down the beach again when the women says β€œOne last thing, I’ve never been fucked before”

The man picks her up and throws her in the ocean and yells to her β€œyou’re fucked now 🀣

• Haha 1

I was thinking we should carry a super soaker and just blast them with water if they wont let go of your leg or something, it's totally harmless and maybe even fun lol

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

I was thinking we should carry a super soaker and just blast them with water if they wont let go of your leg or something, it's totally harmless and maybe even fun lol

A sig p365 is much better for vicious dogs and for stopping people that may try to steal your wheel or rob you when out riding

14 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Wouldn't pepper spray be better than lethal force?

In a perfect world .unfortunately a lot of cities over here you can be robbed and gunned down for just looking at someone wrong or wearing shoes that the gibs me dat wanna steal from you ..let alone if you are out riding a 2,000$ to 4000$ wheel ..thankfully I live in an open and conceal carry state no license needed state .if they try to rob me I will shoot them in the faceΒ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Maybe carry both...

I also carry narcan kits …unfortunately people are dropping dead overdosing all over the place due to fucking Chinese fentanyl flooding the United States thru Mexico .i got my project d.a.w.n training a couple weeks agoΒ 

• Like 2

Jacqueline Durand Wants To Be An Example, Not A Victim After Vicious Dog Attack

Mar 17, 2022
AKedOLQiks3zpfBUd8goUMYELrUZk1MJMWyIGBbf
273K subscribers
Β 
Jacqueline Durand was catastrophically injured in a dog attack, but she wants to be seen as an example of resilience than as a victim.
Β 
Viewer discretion advised.
Spoiler

Β 

Β 

8 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

In a perfect world .unfortunately a lot of cities over here you can be robbed and gunned down for just looking at someone wrong or wearing shoes that the gibs me dat wanna steal from you ..let alone if you are out riding a 2,000$ to 4000$ wheel ..thankfully I live in an open and conceal carry state no license needed state .if they try to rob me I will shoot them in the faceΒ 

Gives new meaning to the Ohio state motto -Β With God All Things Are Possible :-(

Β 

10 hours ago, ElectronxCycles said:

Only us Crazy Canucks would come up with this - even better if you put bubble solution in the gun so the mauling becomes much more family friendly! Ripping flesh, blood, AND BUBBLES!!!!!

55 minutes ago, redsnapper said:

Only us Crazy Canucks would come up with this

I thought it was originally my idea! But then again, people say that Finland and Canada are quite alike… :D

Β 

• Haha 1

https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/pet-owners/dog-bite-prevention

image.png.0de36934ea40680e058cffc3776960ce.png

Β 

Dog bites pose a serious health risk to our communities and society.

More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the United States, and more than 800,000 receive medical attention for dog bites, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). At least half of those bitten are children. Here are more dog bite facts:

• Almost 1 in 5 people bitten by dogs require medical attention.
  • Children are the most common victims of dog bites and are far more likely to be severely injured.
  • Most dog bites affecting young children occur during everyday activities and while interacting with familiar dogs.

Β 

Any dog can bite: big or small, male or female, young or old. Even the cuddliest, fuzziest, sweetest pet can bite if provoked.

Remember, it is not a dog's breed that determines whether it will bite, but rather the dog's individual history and behavior.

• Like 2

Dogs can carry rabies. Rabies is reliably 100% fatal once symptoms develop. Dogs are also unpredictable to most of the general population and their attacks can leave very serious injuries and disfigurement.

EUCs are predictable and safety ends with the rider. EUC electronic failure is no more life-threatening than riding an elevator or a single-prop airplane, or anything that requires electronic components.

I’ll take my chances riding an EUC over approaching a strange dog any day.

• Like 3

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/rabies/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20351826

Β 

Treatment

Once a rabies infection is established, there's no effective treatment.

Though a small number of people have survived rabies, the disease usually causes death.

For that reason, if you think you've been exposed to rabies, you must get a series of shots to prevent the infection from taking hold.

2 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Β it would be a good idea if people required a license in order to own a dog.

Including som kind af personality test; is this person physically and mentally capable of handling a dog :)

8 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I was curious and looked up the numbers. There's been 4 deaths from rabies in Canada since 2000. There are however 2 or 3 deaths by lightning every year in Canada. There's also an average of nearly 2000 road deaths per year there. In all honestly I think you're worrying about the wrong thing.

The topic is afterall about EUCs and dogs.

https://www.cdc.gov/rabies/location/world/index.html

~59,000 worldwide deaths from rabies each year, according to CDC.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I honestly find it a bit sad reading the fear that people have for dogs (amongst other things). You'd think that people who ride high speed electric unicycles that are controlled by Chinese software and that use batteries that might explode at any moment wouldn't be affected by dogs.

One Sunday, I was jogging to church minding my own business.Β  A lady was also jogging with her dog, which IIRC was a doberman.Β  Suddenly, the dog bit my inner thigh, without barking or growling or any warning at all (good thing it didn't go after the family jewels).Β  But the dog let go immediately, possibly because the owner pulled the leash back and the dog realized that I wasn't someone trying to attack the owner, who apologized.Β  Meanwhile, I have a couple dozen drones and a couple of cases of LiPos, and so far they have all behaved predictably, knock on wood.

I don't hate dogs.Β  We had dogs growing up.Β  But I would say they are more unpredictable than lipos.

I guess I've been rather lucky with dogs. I think I've only been bitten once when trying to break up a fight between 2 dogs - a pretty stupid thing to do so I'm not going to blame the dog. When I was young my mother used to get the dogs from the pound that were about to get put down - that usually meant that the dogs could be quite scary. My guess was the problem was more with the families they were with rather than the dogs. We'd have a couple of weeks when a new animal arrived when we'd have to move slowly around them but they always became friendly family pets. I don't have a dog myself because I travel too much and I just don't think it would be fair.Β 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1