Warning to use Chinese NoName Units

Geowurm

28 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

ok, that sounds good!

(despite that its no known and reliable 18650 cell) :-)

Just wanted to make sure, that it doesn't get dangerous!

but serious: normally you need a reliable and trusted 18650 cell, with a good amount of amp draw capability!

"DianmiFire" is all, but not this! 

if you know 18650 cells...when there is the word "fire" in the brand name....a red flag goes up!

You just made my day! LMAO. OK, enough time and money wasted. The Chinese EUC is history. I started to load my reliable Osdrich, that never faild on me.

1491343049031640084266.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

if you know 18650 cells...when there is the word "fire" in the brand name....a red flag goes up!

I'd go a bit further and say: If the brand name of the cell is not that of a trustet manufacturer*, just don't touch it.

*List of trustworthy 18650 manufacturers (in no particular order):

• Panasonic
  • Samsung
  • LG
  • Sanyo
  • Sony

1 hour ago, Geowurm said:

You just made my day! LMAO. OK, enough time and money wasted. The Chinese EUC is history. I started to load my reliable Osdrich, that never faild on me.

1491343049031640084266.jpg

I had one of those, the seller claimed it was the T5 with the big battery, but I am pretty sure it was a T1 with the smallest battery.  It was a lot better than the team G T3, I rode it for a total of 30 miles or so according to the Endomodo app, liked it until I got the Ninebot.  The main thing I liked about it is that it was a 16 inch wheel at a low price.  I feel like Osdrich is a good wheel, but probably the battery pack in mine was bad.  I could ride about 2 miles off road in the grass before the battery light went from green to blue to red.  I never rode it on concrete, because I was still learning and had fallen on the TG T3 twice, so I expect that the range on concrete with my Osdrich would have been 4-5 miles.

Mine got a crazy history. I bought my first wheel in a E-scooter shop in Berlin, found out in the first minute that it’s not a good idea for learn on a brand-new M-super. Back to the shop to buy a junky one to learn on it. Got this Osdrich, in a box, torn apart, with the message: all parts are there, we just don't have the time to put it back together and the screws are missing. 1 h later I had a working fine ECU to learn on. It's the wheel I used the most, made looking rides in the forest, went all the way down and back Kronprinzessinenweg in Berlin without getting from green to blue, what is 10 km one way. So, this must be a T3 with the big battery. It’s still my favorite wheel. 

6 hours ago, esaj said:

:whistling::roflmao:

Btw, that's not a photoshop, UltraPanic is a real brand sold in Aliexpress ;)  Probably worth its name (once it goes up in flames)

LMAO here are mine. Funny like hell if you know that they really can act like firecrackers

100_6933.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what? All these came out of my leg today! They had to let 2 of the screws in because they were grown in the bone now. Well I am still in recovery. It will take another 2 to 3 weeks and then everything is like it was before.

The only difference: I never ever will ride a cheap Chinese wheel - at least not without proper protection like the Marshmallow-Man!

H1-121029956.jpg&maxW=450&cci_ts=20121024165232.png

2017_04_19_Screws.JPG

IMG-20170418-WA0005_2_ji.jpg

• 1 year later...

After a long period of complete abstinence, I about 3 weeks ago went to the attic, picked up my MSuper and tried again a little. Believe it or not. Had it in the trunk of my car - car got stolen :-(.

Now I am dinking around with the cheap Chinese X3. Replaced the Batterie with a brand new 2700 mAh recharged and tried. Its reacting excellent with the bigger Batterie. Drained it down to below 25 % and careful drained the rest of the juice too. At about 20 % it reacted as supposed. Weak pedals nice loud warning beep.

Next week the new helmet, knee, shin elbow and handguards will be in and I am ready to start all over. I feel sad that the MSuper is gone with the car. Felt much safer on it then the X3, but the x3 is what I have right now :-)

Ride safe

2 minutes ago, Geowurm said:

After a long period of complete abstinence, I about 3 weeks ago went to the attic, picked up my MSuper and tried again a little. Believe it or not. Had it in the trunk of my car - car got stolen :-(.

Now I am dinking around with the cheap Chinese X3. Replaced the Batterie with a brand new 2700 mAh recharged and tried. Its reacting excellent with the bigger Batterie. Drained it down to below 25 % and careful drained the rest of the juice too. At about 20 % it reacted as supposed. Weak pedals nice loud warning beep.

Next week the new helmet, knee, shin elbow and handguards will be in and I am ready to start all over. I feel sad that the MSuper is gone with the car. Felt much safer on it then the X3, but the x3 is what I have right now :-)

Ride safe

Please dont think that the X3 is much safer just because of new batterys...

There are just way to less parallel packs in the setup, to make it a safe wheel like the Msuper.

Oh yeah, I know. But the X3 is what I have, and my wife will kill me if I get a new 1000+$ wheel, especially because riding on the street here in Germany is a crime - no kidding

I'm dreaming on a new 18" wheel, but right now, to play around with ....

Archived