Warning to use Chinese NoName Units

Geowurm

Hi @Geowurml'm very sorry about this.pls take care and try to do some lite exercise to strengthen the antibody hope that it will heal fast.take some whey protein daily maybe can helps.l'm a bodybuilder and taking whey protein for long time and it will help because l fall so many times with bruise all over the body and my ribs cracks once before but very fast to get heal.maybe is the whey and exercise.take care!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After now 15 months I am right before the surgery to take the metal back out. What’s left over: arthrosis in the ankle and a lot of experience how to survive surgeries and hospital’s.

On Monday, December 07, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Geowurm said:

The pedal got me from behind, so neither knee pads nor shin guards had prevent this

Im a CrossFit coach and some of our athletes use these for climbing ropes in order to prevent rope burn.  Maybe these would help?  They mainly prevent friction burns but are pretty thick so they may help??

Rx-Smart-Gear-Shin-Guard-.jpg

Jea, they are probably better than nothing, but something like a Motocross-boot is a better solution. Because some of them got hard Protektors on the front and on the backside to secure both sides.

Sorry to read about this accident. My buddy had this same exact wheel. (We called it the "Mini" because it has a mini cooper looking logo on it but said TG instead). It would cut off without any warning at all and had a range of maybe 2 miles. Biggest piece of junk EUC I have ever seen. 

tg-t3_electricunicycle_pdtimg_14.jpg

@EvenOdd

My words. this is because they used 16 2000 mAh cells, with a really bad engineered BMS Board. It's even not worth it to exchange the cells, because the Mainboard is an even worse piece of junk.

Like @esaj stated: this EU will "actively try to kill you "

Here we go again:

Today I really wanted to know the reason why this EU failed on me. Dismounted the battery, got rid of the shrink wrap, checked all cells. Found out 3 of the 16 cells where dead. Ordered 4 new cells on Alibaba, and found out a little later, that my Battery LED lamps run on 18650 too. I dismounted an old lamp, found out that there are 4 of the 8 cells are ok, soldered them into my defective battery. Secured the repaired battery with gorilla tape and put the EU back together. Its charging right now. I will let you know about the results.

I am not sure, if I really will test ride it, because the metal in my leg is still in and will go out on the 18. of April.

But if I am careful I’ll probably try in the basement hallway :-).

After 15 minutes the battery stated "full". Switched on it blinks once, gives a beep and dies on me again. So, it’s probably not only the cells, it’s the BMS too. I think I have to get new battery pack to bring this pos - EU back to life :-(.

2 hours ago, Geowurm said:

After 15 minutes the battery stated "full". Switched on it blinks once, gives a beep and dies on me again. So, it’s probably not only the cells, it’s the BMS too. I think I have to get new battery pack to bring this pos - EU back to life :-(.

your "mix up" of different cell types in a serial connection is very dangerous!!! no wonder your BMS dont work with it ;-)

3 hours ago, Geowurm said:

@EvenOdd

My words. this is because they used 16 2000 mAh cells, with a really bad engineered BMS Board. It's even not worth it to exchange the cells, because the Mainboard is an even worse piece of junk.

Like @esaj stated: this EU will "actively try to kill you "

That's weird, I had 2 of these for about a year without any battery issues and no cutoffs. However, that was after BOTH arrived with dead, unchargeable batteries! In one case, the seller sent a replacement battery. In the other, I bought a replacement battery from Banggood. I just checked Banggood, and it looks like they are not currently selling this battery.

8 hours ago, Geowurm said:

Here we go again:

Today I really wanted to know the reason why this EU failed on me. Dismounted the battery, got rid of the shrink wrap, checked all cells. Found out 3 of the 16 cells where dead. Ordered 4 new cells on Alibaba, and found out a little later, that my Battery LED lamps run on 18650 too. I dismounted an old lamp, found out that there are 4 of the 8 cells are ok, soldered them into my defective battery. Secured the repaired battery with gorilla tape and put the EU back together. Its charging right now. I will let you know about the results.

I am not sure, if I really will test ride it, because the metal in my leg is still in and will go out on the 18. of April.

But if I am careful I’ll probably try in the basement hallway :-).

I wouldn't even risk it. My friend was throwing his away because it tried to kill him and he decided to go with a air wheel x8 instead, so I grabbed it before he could toss it and my brother soldered a new pack together for it (He works for Tesla and is pretty knowledgable with batteries, and has a couple EUC's). I thought "I can keep this wheel to let friends learn on". The thing still tried to kill people and I determined it's not even worth the risk.

Sounds like the premise to a horror B-movie. Some possessed, cheap Chinese electronics thing is trying to kill people and somehow it always finds new victims because people try to re-use/repair the electronics thing for various reasons;)

"Oh my God why don't they just throw it away.... noooo, don't store it in the kids' room!"

"Don't sell it on the the flea market, just throw it away!!!"

"Who repairs things found in a trash container? Nooo! Buy new..."

"It's even called Deathwheel!"

5 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

That's weird, I had 2 of these for about a year without any battery issues and no cutoffs. However, that was after BOTH arrived with dead, unchargeable batteries! In one case, the seller sent a replacement battery. In the other, I bought a replacement battery from Banggood. I just checked Banggood, and it looks like they are not currently selling this battery.

Not sure if weight has anything to do with it. Not sure your weight, but I would guess my friends was around 195lbs and it would try to kill him everytime he rode it. No warning or anything that it was just going to cut off and throw him. It was usually going uphill, so he was generally prepared for it and could bail easily. 

I noticed you are in Greenville SC. That a beautiful town. I went down there for business in October (I go almost annually) and brought my EUC with me and rode around downtown and the greenway trails near the river. Very cool place and great people!

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sounds like the premise to a horror B-movie. Some possessed, cheap Chinese electronics thing is trying to kill people and somehow it always finds new victims because people try to re-use/repair the electronics thing for various reasons;)

"Oh my God why don't they just throw it away.... noooo, don't store it in the kids' room!"

"Don't sell it on the the flea market, just throw it away!!!"

"Who repairs things found in a trash container? Nooo! Buy new..."

"It's even called Deathwheel!"

LOL it could work. Basically just take the script to Christine and replace the car with a EUC :P

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Oh of course that already existsB)

For understanding, is it just bad/weak batteries, or is the cutout due to weak motor, or does the combination do it somehow?

I personally think it's a terrible BMS board paired with a weak motor. I don't think batteries have as much to do with it for the simple fact that we replaced the battery and also plugged in an external 156wh battery and it still was on a mission to kill.

You can turn the wheel on, hold it snug to the ground with your hands, and put a load on it that will cause it to cut off...that's how weak they are. With the one I have, once it cuts off (even when fully charged) it usually will not turn back on. You can plug it into a charger for a few minutes and it will power on again like nothing ever happened. 

On 03/04/2017 at 9:29 PM, EvenOdd said:

Sorry to read about this accident. My buddy had this same exact wheel. (We called it the "Mini" because it has a mini cooper looking logo on it but said TG instead). It would cut off without any warning at all and had a range of maybe 2 miles. Biggest piece of junk EUC I have ever seen. 

tg-t3_electricunicycle_pdtimg_14.jpg

14 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

your "mix up" of different cell types in a serial connection is very dangerous!!! no wonder your BMS dont work with it ;-)

The cells in the lamp and in the EUC Pack are of the same kind (18650 cells) of the same Voltage (4.06 V) of the same size (2000 mAh) and the same brand (DianmiFire). The only difference: They come out of different items, and probably have different production dates. But they are all new, never used, or at least never had a recharge. I think they might do the job. But it looks now the battery pack is fine (runs with my Osdrich T1 w/o problems). Looks like the mainboard is the problem.

6 hours ago, EvenOdd said:

I personally think it's a terrible BMS board paired with a weak motor. I don't think batteries have as much to do with it for the simple fact that we replaced the battery and also plugged in an external 156wh battery and it still was on a mission to kill.

You can turn the wheel on, hold it snug to the ground with your hands, and put a load on it that will cause it to cut off...that's how weak they are. With the one I have, once it cuts off (even when fully charged) it usually will not turn back on. You can plug it into a charger for a few minutes and it will power on again like nothing ever happened. 

Jupp, this is how they react. Mine goes to the trash. Recycled the tire, cells and magnets, and that's it.

7 minutes ago, Geowurm said:

The cells in the lamp and in the EUC Pack are of the same kind (18650 cells) of the same Voltage (4.06 V) of the same size (2000 mAh) and the same brand (DianmiFire). The only difference: They come out of different items, and probably have different production dates. But they are all new, never used, or at least never had a recharge. I think they might do the job. But it looks now the battery pack is fine (runs with my Osdrich T1 w/o problems). Looks like the mainboard is the problem.

ok, that sounds good!

(despite that its no known and reliable 18650 cell) :-)

Just wanted to make sure, that it doesn't get dangerous!

but serious: normally you need a reliable and trusted 18650 cell, with a good amount of amp draw capability!

"DianmiFire" is all, but not this! 

if you know 18650 cells...when there is the word "fire" in the brand name....a red flag goes up!

Archived