INMOTION V11 range test.

Jpd

Great info! For reference, have you completed a similar range test in any other wheel?

As reported by Inmotion, the “go home” mode is not yet available in the app, but once it is, it will allow to ride down to 63V. I would assume that the battery voltage was about 68V when the V11 tilted you off?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Great info! For reference, have you completed a similar range test in any other wheel?

As reported by Inmotion, the “go home” mode is not yet available in the app, but once it is, it will allow to ride down to 63V. I would assume that the battery voltage was about 68V when the V11 tilted you off?

I didnt see anywhere on the app where it shows voltage, so I’m not sure. I tried to use DarknessBot but it still isn’t supported.

1 hour ago, Jpd said:

I didnt see anywhere on the app where it shows voltage, so I’m not sure. I tried to use DarknessBot but it still isn’t supported.

I think it was just a swipe to the left (or some other direction) from the main screen you showed, to get to the details.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

49.7 mile that's pretty impressive and when the go home mode is activated that maybe another 5-10 miles maybe ,,,

@Duf isn't getting these figures with his though but then again he stops at 20-30% battery 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

it will allow to ride down to 63V. I would assume that the battery voltage was about 68V when the V11 tilted you off?

It would be nice to know the voltage values  before go home mode is implemented , @Jpd get them for us😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jpd said:

You have to tap to settings (that gear icon) and then vehicle info. It would be great to know the voltage when it tilted back. 

But these range tests will expire very soon when the firmware and/or app gets the promised update. I find it strange that it stops at 10%. If this firmware shows 0% at 68V then it stops you even before that. If 0% is 63V, it should show more % at 68V. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UniVehje said:

You have to tap to settings (that gear icon) and then vehicle info. It would be great to know the voltage when it tilted back. 

But these range tests will expire very soon when the firmware and/or app gets the promised update. I find it strange that it stops at 10%. If this firmware shows 0% at 68V then it stops you even before that. If 0% is 63V, it should show more % at 68V. 

I found the “vehicle”information. It is at 68v and 10% 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Senior Coffee said:

I have the Go Home mode in my app.  It's in firmware version 1.1.62.  I won't get a chance to see how it works until my replacement wheel gets here. 

Screenshot_20200726-071247.jpg

This would’ve been nice to have when i was pushing my wheel for the last mile :crying:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Jpd said:

This would’ve been nice to have when i was pushing my wheel for the last mile :crying:

:roflmao:all for the community 😁

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, prasket said:

Marty might have bricked his v11 with this update.

My guess, the pre-production demo unit firmware was not compatible with the update made for production versions.

Inmotion are looking into it, and I’m sure we’ll know details soon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, prasket said:

Marty might have bricked his v11 with this update. 

I saw this just after I updated to the new firmware. Everything works like it should on mine, hopefully INMOTION can get it figured out soon. I know everyone is waiting for Marty’s review. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jpd said:

I saw this just after I updated to the new firmware. Everything works like it should on mine, hopefully INMOTION can get it figured out soon. I know everyone is waiting for Marty’s review. 

Good to know that your firmware update works good.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mrelwood said:

My guess, the pre-production demo unit firmware was not compatible with the update made for production versions.

Inmotion are looking into it, and I’m sure we’ll know details soon.

100% this. I'm surprised he would even try a firmware update on a preproduction unit (at least not without asking first). Then again 90% of the wheels he owns don't even have firmware updates, so maybe he was just too excited to get to press such a button.. ;-)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

On 7/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, Jpd said:

So today I completed my first ever range test (100% til tilt back) 

My ride today was all on paved flat pathways, a lot of slowing down and speeding up to pass others. I would consider this to be very normal city riding/commuting. The v11 wants to go fast, I had to set warnings to stay under 30mph. 
I was able to ride at 20mph all the way until it told me to get off and tilted back to an unrideable position, this happened at 9% battery. 

734728B8-114A-4C2D-9D78-1F87794F8A49.png

Nice, I recommend tracking it with a GPS as app mileage numbers aren't known for being super accurate.  What is your riding weight?

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 6:59 AM, Duf said:

Nice, I recommend tracking it with a GPS as app mileage numbers aren't known for being super accurate.  What is your riding weight?

My riding weight is 190lbs. I didn’t track with a gps,but I did compare numbers with the 16x my son was riding. it was almost identical distance, within 2 tenths of a mile.

• Like 1