The Veteran Sgt. Sherman Hemsley - Brief Thoughts on the Jeffersons by houseofjob

houseofjob

4 hours ago, houseofjob said:

LOL I don’t live in Cali Marty, in tuna can packed NYC, it’s an inevitability that I have to lift my wheel at some point, still a lot of walk up brownstones, restaurants, etc

I do pity anyone who has to lift the Sherman on any kind of regular basis, particularly where they would need a lift switch. The weight (when lifting) is the only serious downside to the Sherman.

The on/off switch is so fast (no press and hold required) that it could be considered a lift switch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I do pity anyone who has to lift the Sherman on any kind of regular basis, particularly where they would need a lift switch. The weight (when lifting) is the only serious downside to the Sherman.

The on/off switch is so fast (no press and hold required) that it could be considered a lift switch.

or if you have the knobby, it has enough grip where walking the wheel up your stairs is a viable option. Hated this wheels weight until i discovered this. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

or if you have the knobby, it has enough grip where walking the wheel up your stairs is a viable option. Hated this wheels weight until i discovered this. 

Do you use the trolley handle when doing this? I assume probably not because of its weak nature.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 11:50 PM, Marty Backe said:

True. Can't wait for you guys who care about speed to get a production Sherman and determine if it's really slower. You only have my single lift-test datapoint.

I'm eager for a race 

On 8/25/2020 at 11:52 PM, Marty Backe said:

Devastated is such a strong word.

This weekend one of the local riders was getting ~41-mph at 70% alarm with ~50% battery. Still seems pretty good?

That sounds on par to the V1 for me, but of course I shall reserve judgement, until I can see for myself

• Like 1