MSP (HIgh Torque)

gon2fast

Helmet LED, self adhesive, strip lights are good for all round 3600 degrees visibility.

Extremely bright, slow/fast flash or continuous light, positioned at an eye catching height.

Assorted designs and colours, easy install, 3M quality adhesive.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, btl said:

Don't forget to add some dollars for 2h of labor....

That was the point that I made to the driver post accident. I shared how annoyed that I was that I would now have to put several hours of labor into repairing the thing (especially the rim replacement/hanger). 

Glad you're alright and wish you luck in getting your MSP fixed out of his pocket. I had a guy hit me on my scooter last year and just drive off. I really should finally get a knockoff gopro and mount it to me/my wheels. Definitely need more lights/reflective gear. Whenever it gets dark I turn on a light on the back of my helmet, and my backpack if I'm wearing it. I also put reflective tape on my backpack and my armor so I'm better seen

Guess I should have been wearing that damn camera today. I am on day call with my job so I am stuck in the house for the next week. Not all bad, gives me a chance to clean, cook and catch up on the idiot box. I made a quick run to the local market to get some ingredients for a marinade and ran into a very pleasant elderly lady...

She motioned for me to stop and talk and with reluctance I did. I mentioned that I was on the clock with work and needed to get home so I did not have time to chat. Things went downhill from there LOL.

She said something along the lines of, "I am not on the clock so I am going to say what I have to say". I knew this was not a fan and that I needed to terminate this conversation.

Back to my friend, she was a bit haggard and had an unknown powder substance on her lips. Could have been a transient, could have been drunk, could have been paint chip dust, who knows.  All I know is that she did not like me or my wheel.

As I started to back away too make my escape she then stated, "I see you riding around here. Do you even look"? I was caught off-guard by her comment had to pause to keep from laughing out loud. I wished her a nice day and rode off with my hand covering my eyes.

I am sure that she will read me the riot act the next time we cross paths. I love my neighbors, we are all a bunch of crazy people LOL.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Guess I should have been wearing that damn camera today. I am on day call with my job so I am stuck in the house for the next week. Not all bad, gives me a chance to clean, cook and catch up on the idiot box. I made a quick run to the local market to get some ingredients for a marinade and ran into a very pleasant elderly lady...

She motioned for me to stop and talk and with reluctance I did. I mentioned that I was on the clock with work and needed to get home so I did not have time to chat. Things went downhill from there LOL.

She said something along the lines of, "I am not on the clock so I am going to say what I have to say". I knew this was not a fan and that I needed to terminate this conversation.

Back to my friend, she was a bit haggard and had an unknown powder substance on her lips. Could have been a transient, could have been drunk, could have been paint chip dust, who knows.  All I know is that she did not like me or my wheel.

As I started to back away too make my escape she then stated, "I see you riding around here. Do you even look"? I was caught off-guard by her comment had to pause to keep from laughing out loud. I wished her a nice day and rode off with my hand covering my eyes.

I am sure that she will read me the riot act the next time we cross paths. I love my neighbors, we are all a bunch of crazy people LOL.

The only time I've been yelled at is from cyclists on the Erie Canal bike paths up here in NY. Any time I've been city riding or running errands people are always interested. There's some crazy bitter people out there. "Do you even look" I mean come on, if you didn't look you wouldn't be riding and would have been in accident..........

I'm just messing with you

I thought that I was going to have an epic trail ride today, but ran into some issues. I did get to escape to tackle a couple of paved hills and then got stuck practicing 3 point turns. I personally think doing pendulums is bad for your wheel, but it is a necessary skill for rapidly changing direction. It was a challenge seeing how far away I could get the wheel away from my center of balance and still bring it back the opposite way (smoothly).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New tire (H666) installed after 3 slips/crashes in the mud. I currently can only pump it up to 22psi due to rubbing. It is a lot different than the 1488, more rounded. Getting use to how easy it is to lean the wheel now (and the mushy ride).

image.jpg

• Like 3

Problem solved. Tire needed to be broken in to regain proper alignment. I ran it low for a few miles and was able to then inflate to my preference. Lot of lower pedal knocks on the trails today, not sure if that was the low psi or if the sidewall is shorter than the 1488. I will figure it out LOL.

20220318-180427.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hate my new tire. First it did not fit. Resolved that and then I found that my pedal height was lowered (when you ride rough offroad conditions a millimeter can be a world of difference). Dealing with it, but not happy LOL. It is also twitchy as chit which I don't appreciate out on trails. So that leads to this -

Introducing the best EUC product that I am personally aware of, OU Hooks!!!!!!!!!! (look at all of those exclamation marks, get excited folks) 

image.jpg

Yes, that is the Coors HT model alongside the MSP HT model LOL

I have the Over hooks installed specifically for offroad climbing. I do not like pads, but I found myself being uncomfortably over the top of my wheel on steep inclines. After installing these on demand hooks/pads I never had an issue with loss of power or feeling like I am going to fall off of the front when climbing since.

I have the Under hooks installed to offset the lowered pedal height. These will assist in rolling/hopping over obstacles on the trails. I am not comfortable trying to clinch the shell to hop when the packs are basically unprotected from compression. My initial idea was to have one under hook, but bunny hopping pulled to the side with the hook by default which was not ideal. I wanted one foot snuggly under the hook for immediate response, but testing proved otherwise. I went with two hooks slightly higher than the top of my foot. The idea is that I am going to preload all hops. With the slight gap between the under hook and my foot the rebound from the tire should pick up the slack and I can pull up on the wheel with less force on the under hooks as compared from doing it from static position. 

I was able to do a 6 inch hop on my first test (static), but the motor did speed up a bit in the air and I landed with a squeak. It did not feel fluid by any means, but I will have to keep trying and find the sweet spot. Letting the adhesive cure tonight and hopefully I will get some trail time tomorrow to test.

The best thing about this product - do it your self for about $30 USD.

F $200 pads (Shane has it right though). 

• Upvote 1

Still hate the H666. It is being replaced soon... should buy two replacements as a new H666 is currently installed on my V11 motor as well, crap.

I really want to put my old 262 on the MSP, but I also do not want to loose aggressive cornering. Pretty sure that I will also have to invest in a tread cutting tool to make it fit the shallow upper shell, but new tools are fun...

About 250 miles on the MSP with the H666 so far (V11 motor is currently at the shop). I have played with psi and I can't find a sweet spot. EWheels has the 1488 back in stock, which I love, but it only lasts for 1000 miles for my style of riding. Looks like I will be investing in a tread knife soon!

I have michelin city pro on MSP HT and is nible like 16x on chao yang.

My brain tell me sell MSP but my hearth disagree this power to weight ration MSP HT have is unbelivable(unique).

And motor is very power eficient with slow riding speed 10-20km/h. 

My recomendatation is set max speed to 40km/h(25miles). 

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

About 250 miles on the MSP with the H666 so far (V11 motor is currently at the shop). I have played with psi and I can't find a sweet spot. EWheels has the 1488 back in stock, which I love, but it only lasts for 1000 miles for my style of riding. Looks like I will be investing in a tread knife soon!

gon2fast - I have an extra 1488 with less than 200 km on it, basically new from my RS before I swapped tire. I'd much rather have someone put it to use than have it as a backup sitting around in garage for years. $35 shipped to the lower 48, feel free to send DM if interested.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

I have michelin city pro on MSP HT and is nible like 16x on chao yang.

How does City Pro handle off-road terrain? I have a Pirelli Angel that I thought about mounting on the MSP, but it looks just north of a slick so it did not seem like it would handle off-road very well. 

Edited by gon2fast
NOYB

3 hours ago, gon2fast said:

How does City Pro handle off-road terrain? 

honestly i not ride any mud or after rain/wet condition with MSP.

For normal dusty road or average forest road or little offroad in not wet condition is great dont forget i have only 24PSI inside for 110+kg rider and no problem becasue ruber is strong compare to 1488 absolute diferent category.  

Disadvantage is rim is closer to ground and angle is diferent compare to 1488 this can be problem for offroad rider on stones etc i except.

Shure i can normaly make jump on curb etc. But biger stone can hit rim more easily what is logical becasue is asphalt/universal oriented scooter tire.

Riding "feel" pireli to michelin be very close i expect this nimble feel too.(i never ride on pireli)

How many PSI you pireli have or you like as i say 24PSI on michelin is same like 39PSI on cst 1488.

If i pump 30+ psi to citypro is too mutch nimble maybe in dangerous zone for me 24my ideal.

chayo yang on 16x 35to39psi

sherman 28 psi knoby kenda (stock)

(i use shaomi/xiaomi batery pump with display)

Citipro is not slimed no need is hard compound i no have fear to defect.

my citipro is tubed model/version not tubeless

7 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

my citipro is tubed model/version not tubeless

My Angel is tubeless. I obviously was not paying attention when I ordered it. I Installed it on my V11, pumped it to 25psi and made it about 10 feet before the tire popped off. I currently have it mounted on a Sherman motor and seems to fit very well. 

• Like 1