MSP (HIgh Torque)

gon2fast

7 hours ago, Planemo said:

You're a braver man than I :)

No Sir, I am ignorant. I assumed that the board was near the top of the wheel like all of my other wheels so I did not think that there was much risk. Fail, but at least I did not blow up my wheel... yet.

50-AF27-C1-DF52-4-B10-A514-CE12-CBC530-E

nowhere near the top LOL. 

4 hours ago, gon2fast said:

No Sir, I am ignorant. I assumed that the board was near the top of the wheel like all of my other wheels so I did not think that there was much risk. Fail, but at least I did not blow up my wheel... yet.

50-AF27-C1-DF52-4-B10-A514-CE12-CBC530-E

The motor wires lying ?directly? on the capacitor looks really bad - as they can get incredibly hot and such capacitors are rather sensitive...

I assume repositioning is not easonable possible with all the white glibber and all rhe other wires around, but maybe you want to put "as much as possible" soft heat resistant and heat insulating.material between the wires and the capacitor?

Also i don't understand why they do not put the white heat resistant sleeves on the final battery wires, too. There are both blank capacitor legs at full battery voltage just beside - a molten/weak insulation gives a nice direct short circuit... (Like with veteran boards...)

4 hours ago, gon2fast said:

nowhere near the top LOL. 

If i rember right, with the ex.n motherboard is on top now?!

12 hours ago, Chriull said:

The motor wires lying ?directly? on the capacitor looks really bad - as they can get incredibly hot and such capacitors are rather sensitive...

That was my exact thought (plus a couple of choice curse words) when I was inspecting for damage! 

I think I will take your advice and "goop" it some more. I have a large variety of sealants from my pending Sherman fix...

Closer look -

0-F61-C1-B9-B7-E5-4-B10-A841-77067871-BF

Edited by gon2fast

Got back from my city to city Sherman ride and felt like I needed some more so I packed up the MSP and headed up to Santa Rosa to go play in the dirt.

For whatever reason, I felt that I needed to ride the MSP at my favorite mall parking lot and ended up doing several miles of paved bike paths instead of trails. 

Still need to get that dang screw out of the shell LOL. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 6:37 PM, gon2fast said:

That was my exact thought (plus a couple of choice curse words) when I was inspecting for damage! 

I think I will take your advice and "goop" it some more. I have a large variety of sealants from my pending Sherman fix...

Closer look -

0-F61-C1-B9-B7-E5-4-B10-A841-77067871-BF

I do know that it is possible for an euc to have proper cable management, I've even seen it! So, we know that its not WAY too expensive or too complex. I think maybe it's simply more fun for the builders to get creative and see who can use more glue. Obviously the gotway glue guy moved to veteran. Or at least the veteran guy was trained by him. Good stuff! :thumbup:

*oh durr. THAT IS the gotway. I saw blue battery and immediately brain farted to default of Veteran. Well, at least I can say I recognize the glue guy's work still! Damn bro, you gna ride those things more than fix them, or what?

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 3 weeks later...

Back on the trails in a frigging heat wave, but no overheat issues. 

My rogue screw is still bouncing around the upper shell (one day I will remove it LOL).

Random bit - noticed a large number of new Shermans being sold on FB over retail. I guess that is to be expected. For giggles I hopped on the eWheels site and found that the only EUC that they seem to have in stock is the S18. I know AR got his custom Nikolas in. Not sure what is going on at EUCO. We are officially in a EUC drought. 

Back on the streets in a frigging heat wave, but no overheat issues.

Did a couple of hard acceleration rich journeys today (in addition to a week of trail riding). Started at 80+% and last check came in at 30% well away from home, but no dip in performance during the entire ride. 

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I ride this wheel everyday. Dirt, street... whatever. Funny thing is that I am pushing into the 30's on my Sherman, but love cruising in the low/mid 20's on the MSP. No worries for a big fat guy LOL.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

6.4 miles from home and got a flat. Had to limp it home at about 5MPH. I pulled several thorns from the tire, but no smoking gun. Going to Slime the tube tomorrow when I replenish my supply. If that does not work I am going to order a new tire/tube and swap both when I split the shell. I should also do some weatherproofing while I have it open... and get that damn trolley screw out of the top chamber.

Looking at the Kenda 340A.

• Like 1

Kenda 340a does not fit the MSP.

Plan B  - I removed all of the thorns and dumped a bunch of Slime in the tube. Back up and running!

Heading to some local trails to test

I should probably bring this stuff too...

image.jpg

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

Tire is holding fine, but the trolley handle has seized. No crash or impact of any sorts. Yesterday the post on the left side would not progress past the first extension. Took cover off and inspected it, but could not find a issue. Planned on removing the entire assembly on Thursday afternoon when I have some free time. Today the right side is seized in the same way LOL.

After a week of ignoring my favorite wheel I broke down and decided to try to use it with the shortened trolley handle. Had one errand which I ended up turning the wheel off and carrying it around the store. I then went for a quick flat track mission and promptly severed one side of the handle trying to get the wheel up a dried out creek embankment. Oddly I was not mad and went about my business.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

After a week of ignoring my favorite wheel I broke down and decided to try to use it with the shortened trolley handle. Had one errand which I ended up turning the wheel off and carrying it around the store. I then went for a quick flat track mission and promptly severed one side of the handle trying to get the wheel up a dried out creek embankment. Oddly I was not mad and went about my business.

Of course you werent mad. You have a lock tight excuse to get a brand new handle now. Its also a tiny bit more ammunition if you needed to prove to the old lady that your older wheels won't last forever....B)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Its also a tiny bit more ammunition if you needed to prove to the old lady that your older wheels won't last forever....B)

That flashed for a moment until I realized that I am not getting rid of my MSP. It does things my other wheels can't. I never factor angles into play with this wheel as it eats everything up. 

I hide behind my wife, but buying a bunch of wheels won't be the end of us. I just try to tap her financial responsibility when $3k items are dangled in front me. I suggest that for all as I have been in pretty good standing for a while.

knock on wood

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Conditions- post light rain

Terrain - off-road / flat / hard pack clay & a little swamp juice here and there

Speed - 22MPH

Gear - full face and roost guard

Injuries - two small cuts from debris on my torso

Root cause - at speed I hit deep/soft swamp juice which sent my wheel one way and myself the opposite. 

Lessons learned - none. A good fall keeps you humble, don't whine.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

GRAPHIC PIC_you have been warned LOL

Rider and wheel down. Just got hit by a truck while in a cross walk. Rim bent, pedal bent and missing a chunk of my calf.

It is not hard to look right and left before going... especially if one has a red light. Bastard.

image.jpg

• Sad 4

46 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

GRAPHIC PIC_you have been warned LOL

Rider and wheel down. Just got hit by a truck while in a cross walk. Rim bent, pedal bent and missing a chunk of my calf.

It is not hard to look right and left before going... especially if one has a red light. Bastard.

image.jpg

Damn bro, is that you AGAIN? Don't worry tho, itll buff right out..:thumbup:

• Haha 1

The takeaway was that I was watching that damn truck the entire time so when he hit me I was able to react post impact which kept me off of the floor (which would have been very bad after dark in a busy intersection). Had I not been paying attention I would be in the ICU right now... 

72-EBFA13-67-E3-4516-A9-F4-5-FD1-EBE13-C

That is me walking back to the truck ready to destroy every pressure point on the driver's body (I was a bit mad). I even had on my gloves with the hardened knuckles... but mistakes happen and I let the guy know that I had no intention of harming him, I was just worked up. And I still have the green light LOL.

Edited by gon2fast

Tomorrow I have to make a trip to local police station and file a counter report for the mishap. Once that is completed I will have to file a claim for the damage to my wheel. Fortunately my witness was directly behind the truck that struck me and he was able to provide multiple pictures of the accident so I think that I am in good standing.

Maybe consider additional lights, judging from the picture your incredibly hard to see from behind, i personally use several additional bicycle lights hooked onto my backpack when night riding, been seen from behind is just as if not more important than front lights

Edited by davewood1982
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, davewood1982 said:

Maybe consider additional lights, judging from the picture your incredibly hard to see from behind, i personally use several additional bicycle lights hooked onto my backpack when night riding, been seen from behind is just as if not more important than front lights

This^^^.     I was personally struck when watching the recent video in another ‘live’ thread where someone with his pals gets knocked off his wheel, my initial impression was, “Oh boy, both the town and the rider are pretty dark over there”, meaning I felt that the street lighting looked pretty poor for a built up area, and that the rider was not too visible. This could be something of a trick of the camera of course, but having viewed plenty of other night ride videos, this is not the initial impression I had when viewing them. 

I have a couple of red flashers on the back of my backpack, as well as a 6” RGB disc running off a powerbank, which has a multitude of both static and active lighting programmes, and I think the more movement and lighting there is, the better. I have supplementary white lighting up both the front of my wheel and backpack shoulder straps. Give everyone the best opportunity to see you that you can, for me it’s because we are in a very quiet area in the countryside here, where it’s every bit as important to be seen as in the bright, or not so bright parts of the city.

93095A05-F698-4A39-A39C-0AC28158087C.jpeg