eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

there is one with a better working touch controller, but the model number is the same nowadays, ton5. They change parts all the time, it comes down to batch I guess, the store you got it from and so on. 

• Like 1

I've bought p8 but it seems that DaFlasher is no longer available in play store :((

can some one point me to how-to with required tools to flash it for use with ks16x?

🥺 Please 🙏

And it is complete surprise to me. In thought that if something has been released and posted to play store it will be available without going offline, like sites on dedicated servers. 

1 minute ago, Ivank said:

And it is complete surprise to me. In thought that if something has been released and posted to play store it will be available without going offline, like sites on dedicated servers. 

look a few posts back, there is a discussion about the issue. 

• Like 2

The watch Ivank got, a P8 (reports as GAM3 in the about screen), is not an NRF52XX chipset, that means the P8 is now end of line as a hackable smart watch. 

If one wants a compatible watch, chances are that new p8 watches will not work. An alternative is the p22 watch, allmost the same as the p8, 1.3 inch screen instead of the 1.4 of the p8.

Until support is ready for the next gen watches, this seems like the safest way for now. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

Mate,  just start modding watches and selling them pre-modded.    I bet most of us would rather just buy a done deal rather than mucking about ourselves.   
I'm ok with applying the software to this watch (when Da Flasher is available again) but I'd rather just order a working V11 watch and have it delivered ready to go :-)
DIY = good.   RTR = better.

Make a few bucks.   

• Like 2

I got stuck at step 1.  Da Flasher,  didn't find my P8b.   Found my Galaxy - which isn't connected.     I have Da Fit on and running,  and connected to the watch.   The interact.
I don't have the Galaxy connected at all.  Wearable shows it disconnected...

Any suggestions?    No background apps running afaik.   S10+

Also,  the phone's bluetooth doesn't show the P8b in its list of connected devices.   Da Fit shows it connect and disconnect from the watch when I turn bluetooth on or off.
I guess next step is to uninstall Da Fit and see if the P8b turns up on the bluetooth devices list?

4 hours ago, t0me said:

Yup,  that found it.    Remove Da Fit,  and restart bluetooth and the watch,  and it came up.

Nice, the watch only allows one connection at any time, if connected it will not advertise. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

I appear to have hit a snag in setting up another watch.

I must have set the touch screen incorrectly as I'm entirely unable to interact with the screen via touch (the button toggles the interface and to the alarms).  Additionally bluetooth seems to have defaulted to "off" so I'm unable to connect to the watch to change this.

I was able to get the watch back in 'Dfutarg' by holding the button for a really long time, but the only thing I seemed to be able to do in this mode was use DaFlasher to put step 4 back on (none of the other steps worked, each with a different error), which just returns the watch to the exact same state.

Any ideas on what to do/try?

1 hour ago, BarrettJ said:

I appear to have hit a snag in setting up another watch.

I must have set the touch screen incorrectly as I'm entirely unable to interact with the screen via touch (the button toggles the interface and to the alarms).  Additionally bluetooth seems to have defaulted to "off" so I'm unable to connect to the watch to change this.

I was able to get the watch back in 'Dfutarg' by holding the button for a really long time, but the only thing I seemed to be able to do in this mode was use DaFlasher to put step 4 back on (none of the other steps worked, each with a different error), which just returns the watch to the exact same state.

Any ideas on what to do/try?

• You do not need to go to dfu in order to change touch controller. If you enter dfu next time, just let it be for a couple of minutes, it will exit by itself. 
  • You can not repeat steps 1-3, don;t try it, only step four is possible, and only if an update of espruino is available. 

To change touch controller, either re install everything from the loader, and select another controller when asked, of just re install the handler, from the loader, it will ask you for the touch controller type. Do a restart from the loader after updating the handler file. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

(the button toggles the interface and to the alarms)

are you sure you selected 'ALL" install from the loader, this sound like you selected "basic", this comes with no  EUC support. 

Better do the install from the loader again. 

• Like 1

Additionally bluetooth seems to have defaulted to "off" so I'm unable to connect to the watch to change this.

should this ever happen again, this is the procedure to enter devmode and get BT connection to the watch:

copy paste from the French forum:

Yes, there is watchdog enabled and a failsafe mechanism, it stops srcipts loading on start and enters a special state called devmode, that resets BT setup.

• hold the side button for over 40 seconds, you will feel a buzz at about 35 secs in, release the button 5 seconds after that. (screen will remain off)
  • Scan for the watch from the loader, it will be shown as "espruino-devmode"
  • re install the scripts.
  • tap the side button when finished uploading, it will exit devmode and run the scripts. 

• Like 2

I think hitting basic instead of EUC or All (as I had done when previously playing around) and expecting it to function the same (and then I would just manually install the EUC modules I want) was my issue.

The procedure to get into espurino-devmode worked and was what I hadn't been able to figure out - thanks!

• Like 1

THANK YOU SO MUCH @enaon !

Is there something specific not to forget to make the watch visible by GadgetBridge ? (Yes all permissions given to GB including all-time localisation).

My phone can connect to the watch and I can handle the apps on the watch, but GB fails.

• Like 1

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch