eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

15 hours ago, BarrettJ said:

I do have a feature request after using it for a bit - a way to see the current time without interacting with the screen (when connected to the wheel).  

nice, I will put the time somewhere, @Lefteris also asked for it. :)

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 11:25 PM, BarrettJ said:

Watch has been working out great!  .....    I know I can swipe to get back to the time, but my "touch screen gloves" don't always work that well - but I can always press (or even double press) the button.  .... on my V11 ....

The best use of the button is the horn, active when the speed is above 2 km/h. Currently it doesn't work on v11, but I guess @enaon will be able to implement this function when he will have a wheel "on the shelf".  I really like this watch, I can't drive without it ... :)

4 hours ago, Camenbert said:

OK, there is then a "SKY7 Pro" with the right chipset and 280mAh (vs 170mAh), but round display...

@enaon Will it work as well?

Sorry, i like to know the alternative (and not fan of square watch)

It is best to stay with the p8 for now, the BT antenna is good enough, and the screen is bright enough for outdoors. There are some round options, notably the sg2 watch, amoled and fast prosessor, but it needs effort from the user part to hack it, and then it needs some more work. 

It is a matter of time till new devices come around, nrf52xx is popular nowadays, apple tags are using it too, so I think it's best to stay with the p8 for now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Techos78 said:

Currently it doesn't work on v11, but I guess @enaon will be able to implement this function when he will have a wheel "on the shelf".

will do, thank you for all the tests :)

Edited by enaon

On 5/8/2021 at 10:58 PM, enaon said:

I am testing the idea of having 10 sec time graphs on the dash, top is regen, bottom is acceleration, I like it a lot. :) 

I'm testing this graph, and you're right to like it: it's nice and useful, I appreciate it too.

But I have a difficulty : the time axis is reversed: the past is on the right and the present on the left.
It seems to me that it would be better to have the present on the right and scroll the samples to the left
Just a notice, i can reverse my old brain :D.

I have pushed too early yesterday, there were some mistakes, sorry.

Gotway client is now better, temp and volts are fixed, voltage can be changed using a long hold on battery on the digital dash(67/84/100 volts)

and most importand, there is now a buzzer history under the speed, so one can see if the buzzer indeed sounded, and how many times. 

A clock is now available, and other small improvements.  

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, enaon said:

voltage can be changed using a long hold on battery on the digital dash(67/84/100 volts)

100% of APP shows indeed the total voltage, witch is unpractical.

Especially if you own different wheels (let's say 67v & 100v) you'll have no clue what the numbers mean.
But every one understand 3.2v to 4.2v mean.

What about selecting 16S/20S/24S instead, and having the single voltage the?
It's just a simple divide that will allow a much easier number to read

14 hours ago, Camenbert said:

100% of APP shows indeed the total voltage, witch is unpractical.

Especially if you own different wheels (let's say 67v & 100v) you'll have no clue what the numbers mean.
But every one understand 3.2v to 4.2v mean.

What about selecting 16S/20S/24S instead, and having the single voltage the?
It's just a simple divide that will allow a much easier number to read

I am not sure I understood correcty. Try this and see if it helps:

• Single tap on the battery field, will toggle between percentage, voltage (applies on both the digital and the simple dash) and voltage graph, so you can monitor voltage sag (only on the digital dash).
  • Long hold on the battery field, will toggle between 67/84/100 volts mode. (Only when on the digital dash, the change is saved in the garage slot) *

(*)This only applies on gotways, all gotways report as 67 volt wheels by default, the only way to get a 100v reading from a gotway is by multiplying the number it gives by 1.5 :)  

ps. you can change dash by doing a swipe down.

Edited by enaon

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, t0me said:

My watch just arrived.
I got stumped at step 1 though as DaFlasher isn't on the play store anymore.

I have the apk, but I think it's best to wait a couple of days, it looks like atc1441 is trying to understand what google wants to be changed in daflasher.

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

Nothing new on Play Store yet.    

Nice watch this.   I've had it on since I posted that on Friday (now Monday evening),  its only down to about 70% battery now!!!
I can't get it to sync with google fit,  but meh,  I guess it all changes on the watch when it gets flashed anyway.

22 hours ago, t0me said:

Nothing new on Play Store yet.    

Nice watch this.   I've had it on since I posted that on Friday (now Monday evening),  its only down to about 70% battery now!!!
I can't get it to sync with google fit,  but meh,  I guess it all changes on the watch when it gets flashed anyway.

Yes it is a nice watch. (health sensor is a joke, don't bother connecting it :) )
Can you tell if gestures happen as you make them, or they need for you to lift your finger off the screen first?

He has an update on the twitter on the subject, the comment under it is funny I think :)

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

I read it as requiring the privacy policy text to cover that permission,  that its not covered by the policy statement currently.

Regarding touch,  after,   but swipes and clicks respond differently for different icons so there's more to it than that I guess.   There might be a delay checking for additional touch such as for multiple clicks before responding.   

Is there a face designer out there for these?     Or what else can I play with while waiting for a V11 interface for it (and will that be an app I run on the existing interface or a replacement interface? 

1 minute ago, t0me said:

I read it as requiring the privacy policy text to cover that permission,  that its not covered by the policy statement currently.

Regarding touch,  after,   but swipes and clicks respond differently for different icons so there's more to it than that I guess.   There might be a delay checking for additional touch such as for multiple clicks before responding.   

Is there a face designer out there for these?     Or what else can I play with while waiting for a V11 interface for it (and will that be an app I run on the existing interface or a replacement interface? 

I am asking about the gesture behavior only to understand the type of the touch controller your watch have. Do a swipe up or down, with and without lifting the finger off the screen, is it the same?

It will be a totally different environment after flashing, it will run espruino as an operating system, and my scripts as a user interface. 

14 minutes ago, enaon said:

I am asking about the gesture behavior only to understand the type of the touch controller your watch have. Do a swipe up or down, with and without lifting the finger off the screen, is it the same?

It will be a totally different environment after flashing, it will run espruino as an operating system, and my scripts as a user interface. 

Is this what you're after?   Sorry about the poor focus.

• Like 1

nice, not really but at least you know to select the 716 controller when it comes to it. The 816 is better, your watch will emulate it when under my scripts and gestures will not wait for the finger to get ff the screen, but the 816 is faster. 

Have you checked if it is a TON5 model, on the about screen? 

Edited by enaon

4 minutes ago, enaon said:

nice, not really but at least you know to select the 716 controller when it comes to it. The 816 is better, your watch will emulate it when under my scripts and gestures will not wait for the finger to get ff the screen, but the 816 is faster. 

Have you checked if it is a TON5 model, on the about screen? 

Ton5 1.8.4 P8b   

If there's a faster model,  I don't mind ordering one,  the missus has been eyeing this one off.

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch