eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

• 3 months later...

Kingsong support is here :)

It supports auto lock/unlock of the wheel on connect/disconnect, it uses a pass too.

The DK08 is transflective always on, really nice and small watch, amazing battery in the slow refresh rate (the one shown).

I've also added a simple double tap(accelerator tap, so it can be used with gloves on) flash-lights/beep-twice to inform pedestrians. :)

Edited by enaon

You can use Samsung Tizen (I have used it myself) but I went with the Pebble as it provides more information and lasts all day.

Edit: sorry I just realised you meant standalone. In that case, no. AFAIK there is no standalone wheel app for Tizen. You may as well get a full Android smartwatch and run EUCW off that.

Edited by Planemo

On 2/2/2021 at 5:50 PM, Jonny727272 said:

Is there any options for the Samsung watches running Tizen? I have a Galaxy 3 Frontier and love it, but have been using my old Pebble 2 since it supports EUC world.

I don't know if there is a standalone app for the tizen, I think in the past there was one for the ninebots, but I am not sure. It is doable.

The work in this thread is for custom hacked NRF52x watches, running espruino and javascript. Those watches do not compare to the market ready smartwatches in terms of features and overall polished interfaces, but as a dashboard for the EUC they are amazing, weeks of battery life on standby, days of continuous usage as a dash. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, enaon said:

The work in this thread is for custom hacked NRF52x watches, running espruino and javascript. 

They really do look awesome! I may end up putting one together one day. I'm hoping more companies take the Sherman's display and expand on it to the level of EUC World, but I won't hold my breath on that.

• Like 1

quick update on the dk08, it is a no go after all :(

I wrote the interface, got it ready and hit the road, only to realize that the BT signal is not good enough in this one, it is not keeping a solid connection to the s18. 

Thus, as nice as it is, as it cannot be opened to change the antenna without destroying the screen, it is good only as an onboard dash I guess. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 6:03 PM, Lefteris said:

I'm gonna try implementing Veteran Sherman code for this project, wish me luck :P

Thank you for the incentive. :)

I have somewhat ported wheellogs veteran support, I think it should work, at least it should update speed and temp.

Install it from the euc tab and let me know :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, enaon said:

Thank you for the incentive. :)

I have somewhat ported wheellogs veteran support, I think it should work, at least it should update speed and temp.

Install it from the euc tab and let me know :)

That web interface is just amazing.

Thank you for the time you took to make this, i'll try it as soon as possible.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2020 at 12:13 AM, Mantraguy said:

Will your firmware be compatible with a Gotway Tesla V2? :-)

On 9/26/2020 at 8:16 PM, Albatross said:

Currently I just have GotWay wheels. But no reason to apologize, anything good takes time. 

Veteran is mostly the same as gotway, it will be nice if you can beta test,  if you guys still have the watch and the time to play with it and need some help installing the firmware, let me know so that I can make a guide.  

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, enaon said:

Veteran is mostly the same as gotway, it will be nice if you can beta test,  if you guys still have the watch and the time to play with it and need some help installing the firmware, let me know so that I can make a guide.  

Yes, I still have the watch and would be happy to test it out with my Tesla V2. There's a chance I may purchase a Sherman this spring as well. :-)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mantraguy said:

Yes, I still have the watch and would be happy to test it out with my Tesla V2. There's a chance I may purchase a Sherman this spring as well. :-)

Nice, I will make a how to and let you know, can you please check your version on the about screen, it will be TFK/TIN/TON-something. 

See if this helps, and ask if something is not clear. 

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/P8/hackme/

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, enaon said:

Nice, I will make a how to and let you know, can you please check your version on the about screen, it will be TFK/TIN/TON-something. 

See if this helps, and ask if something is not clear. 

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/P8/hackme/

Thanks, I'll check out the link. I haven't used the watch in a while so I'll have to charge it first. Version is MOY-TIN5-1.8.2

Quick question - if it doesn't work or if something goes wrong, will I be able to re-flash the original firmware in the watch somehow, or is this a 'one way trip'?

Quick question - if it doesn't work or if something goes wrong, will I be able to re-flash the original firmware in the watch somehow, or is this a 'one way trip'?

You can't really break it, but it is a one way trip unless you open the device up, and then again it needs effort to revert to original firmware. 

on the plus side, the original firmware sucks big time :)

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

Firmware is installed, seems to be working fine. I used the non-alternate for step 4. I haven't figured out a way to adjust the date etc. yet but that's minor. I assume my firmware is not compatible with the Gotway but at least it works and is ready for a new firmware version once available. :-)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

Firmware is installed, seems to be working fine. I used the non-alternate for step 4. I haven't figured out a way to adjust the date etc. yet but that's minor. I assume my firmware is not compatible with the Gotway but at least it works and is ready for a new firmware version once available. :-)

excellent :)

I didn't told you before for not making it too complicated, but better move to the testing branch now, so that we can test things. 

so, go here and do an install again if you like, 

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8-testing

and I will add a gotway module so we can have some tests. 

The time can be set from the installer tab, the set time button, or from the gadgetbridge app automatically, that will make it provide phone notifications too. 

• Like 1

Sounds good - let me know when there's a Gotway module to try out, and maybe some brief instructions on how to install it (I assume it will be the same process but a different file for step 4)?

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch