Kingsong 16X - Rear Camera Mod (includes instructions)

Jtn260

Night view is not bad - pretty clear when looking at the watch. Plus if cars are behind you, you can see the headlights in the screen. I'll see if I can get a picture up in the future.

I am considering modifying one of my helmet mirrors to attach the watch. If I get around to this, I'll post some pictures.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jtn260 said:

It’s a pretty seamless experience and runtime is ~2 hour, which is more than enough for most trips.

What do you mean? Isn't it connected to the main power of the wheel? Or do you need to charge the watch every 2 hours? 🤔

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, h3X said:

What do you mean? Isn't it connected to the main power of the wheel? Or do you need to charge the watch every 2 hours? 🤔

When I say seamless experience - meaning the camera is powered on automatically whenever I turn on the wheel which then auto-pairs with my watch. Simply turn ON and go.

The watch needs to be charged after running for ~2 hours.

• Like 1

That's freaking amazing man, great mod!! Are you worried about water getting into the camera hole? What did you use to seal that? The camera is not in stock anymore but I want to do that mod right now. Awesome job!

This is very neat. I also build FPV quads so it's very cool to see the technologies cross over like this. If you end up riding by anyone flying an FPV quadcopter, there is a chance you could wash our their video feed haha. 

• Like 1