What do you think about the 100.8V 5A-7A-9A current adjustable charger for gotway?

Betty Deng

1 hour ago, Ben Kim said:

Personally, I think everyone fretting

To be fair, the only person I see fretting is yourself, specifically in regards to the adjustable charger you have, and stating that all fast chargers are no good (which isn't true).

On 5/13/2021 at 4:48 AM, EMA said:

We all have this charger here, it works nice and solid 👍

Good to hear.  Ordered it, and waiting for it to ship.

Indeed I intend to ONLY use it for long rides, and use the OEM one when at home.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

... but they do!

no they don’t. your chart also doesn’t show a full charge at that. If a charger is supposed to do 84V, it should show 84v, not 83 and change. Given most bms don’t even balance until 4.19V, it’s very likely your batteries aren’t even balancing. 

Point is, on these chargers at 9A, it does 98.8V or so, at 5A, it does 100.2V resting, a “full” charge is defined as 100.8V on a 24S battery. 

19 hours ago, Planemo said:

To be fair, the only person I see fretting is yourself, specifically in regards to the adjustable charger you have, and stating that all fast chargers are no good (which isn't true).

When did i say “all”? I said “this”. I also have a 1500W Chargery charger that does have a proper CV unlike “THIS” one.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

When did i say “all”? I said “this”. I also have a 1500W Chargery charger that does have a proper CV unlike “THIS” one.  

Apologies. You are right, your initial comments regarded 'this' and I picked up later on when you were describing 'fast chargers'.

Its obviously something I missed, maybe others did as well, I just didnt want everyone to think that 'fast' (which 6/7/8, even 9A isnt) chargers were bad in any way.

All the best

21 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

And you're missing the point.  I'm comparing stock YZpower chargers to the subject 9A adjustable pmbatterychargers (and by extension, eWheels "fast" chargers) where they do not even do a full proper CV on the pack, and over time will lead to significant balancing issues over time if this 9A charger is used as an everyday charger.

It's a pity that this could be the very first EUC charger, that respects the guidelines for li ion cells. Depending on the cut off current threshold.

Maybe beside the cycle satiator - did not here too much detsils of this charger.

One can find more details on balancing, especially why trickle charging is not needed in the already linked post 

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Kim said:

Point is, on these chargers at 9A, it does 98.8V or so, at 5A, it does 100.2V resting, a “full” charge is defined as 100.8V on a 24S battery. 

As I suggested earlier, your particular charger doesnt seem right. My YZ 6A will flicker between 100.7 and 100.8 indefinately once its done its stuff.

3 minutes ago, Planemo said:

As I suggested earlier, your particular charger doesnt seem right. My YZ 6A will flicker between 100.7 and 100.8 indefinately once its done its stuff.

perhaps you need to throw a charge monitor in line with your charger to see what it’s really doing like i do. The light doesn’t tell the whole story. 

edit - also don’t know why you’re comparing your charger to the one in the subject topic when they aren’t the same thing? YOUR charger may work fine. doesn’t mean THIS charger does properly. 

Edited by Ben Kim

2 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

perhaps you need to throw a charge monitor in line with your charger to see what it’s really doing like i do. The light doesn’t tell the whole story. 

I dont rely on the lights. It has an amp and voltmeter fitted.

• 2 months later...

An update here:

One of my JR 900 chargers, which had been used by a friend (previous owner) for about a year, just had a failure.

The AC input wire burned its solderjoint at the main PCB. This occurred just after plugging the charger into the AC outlet. Luckily, no components on the PCB were damaged, and after resoldering the wire, the charger has been behaving normally.

I do appreciate this charger design...
I also noticed they include an inrush-control thermistor, which cheaper chargers don't have, and so there is usually no arcing when plugging in the AC cord.
I also saw that the DC output is fused (15A for the 100V model).

Hand soldering thick through-hole connections just means poor repeatability.
If you're electrically inclined, probably best to open your charger and inspect the few hand-soldered connections for poor wetting, & repair as needed.

AM-JKLX_7BF8LUd25PlHR7oQBcwce2C-Y-xl11EtZUxa1_QMq0eO4s4XbqkUzCxeH6ec-B2pCVeYFVxIyYbMBAx4R9vsu4X-QEkHa_SMjvgcBqjn8HoKV6Aa5rEpM0EIvQXQNiMWa3sSen2gfc8JUQ8wYuhMCg=w1234-h894-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLUZq8P4RZcS6SsV9ewuGw7gbldlgQpRi2RO4Qb-x7HMVzTDnPxu2LDyoSxujqwK6b2hR_TDrbvyoS2iN68ujZdK5UAsk3gATcsiuK8xHiQYq6tazjn7pFDtJkHgm65nY7T8PKy6eS7rrhWcxMF5ONN50g=w1233-h925-no?authuser=0

• Like 3

I bought this charger in version 2/6/8amps. It looks very solid indeed, display of voltage + current power is usefull. So far - no problems, but I use it only during long travels.

What is a bit strange - this charger stays cold even in highest mode 8A after 60-90mins of loading. Gotway 3A or Veteran 5A chargers are hot after similiar time. 

Factory fan is effective but also very noisy. I made small upgrade and changed it for Maglev quiet fan - just like here. Difference in comfort of use is huge. 

Mine charger even if I use it in lowest 2Amp-mode doesnt load euc to full 100%, rather to 98-99%. How to change it?

Or maybe it is intentional and better do NOT change it?

Edited by Greg X

• 8 months later...

I have a charger where i can choose 80/90/100% charge but neither 80% or 90% setting stops charging at set level.

80% i let run to 98V (about 90% per EUC world) before stopping charge (I prefer to push in the last 10-20% the same day i ride).

Anyone else had this problem?

Charger is a 

JIA RUI

Model: JR-B900-1000

18 hours ago, Boogieman said:

neither 80% or 90% setting stops charging at set level

My 900w JiaRui chargers show their CV setting immediately on the charger display, before connecting the charger to the EUC. If I select 80%, I see the voltage becomes about 97V.

If you power-up the charger alone, does it display a different voltage when switching to different positions?

Switches are easily damaged...

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 12:53 AM, Boogieman said:

I have a charger where i can choose 80/90/100% charge but neither 80% or 90% setting stops charging at set level.

80% i let run to 98V (about 90% per EUC world) before stopping charge (I prefer to push in the last 10-20% the same day i ride).

Anyone else had this problem?

Charger is a 

JIA RUI

Model: JR-B900-1000

i had this issue in the past, i spoke to them and they fix it, it was a really long process but they take it back, fix and send me back.

80% end around 97-98v
90% 99v

On 8/16/2021 at 5:49 PM, Greg X said:

I bought this charger in version 2/6/8amps. It looks very solid indeed, display of voltage + current power is usefull. So far - no problems, but I use it only during long travels.

What is a bit strange - this charger stays cold even in highest mode 8A after 60-90mins of loading. Gotway 3A or Veteran 5A chargers are hot after similiar time. 

Factory fan is effective but also very noisy. I made small upgrade and changed it for Maglev quiet fan - just like here. Difference in comfort of use is huge. 

Mine charger even if I use it in lowest 2Amp-mode doesnt load euc to full 100%, rather to 98-99%. How to change it?

Or maybe it is intentional and better do NOT change it?

i'm planning to change the fan to mine, thanks to your video i know it's 12v :D

what's the voltage on the charger when finished ? if it's 101v you are good, always remember that voltage/percentage reported by app is "only what the board read".

boards are not accurate, some read 100.8v , some 99.5v and that's where your 98% came out...
better to trust your charger and set 99v as 100% in app ;)

I changed also 2 fans in standart Begode charger 3A/100v, factory gives here very noisy fans. Fans from Noisblocker brand work much quiter.

Replacing fans greatly increase the comfort of chargers use.  

552942_3_i1064.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Greg X said:

I changed also 2 fans in standart Begode charger 3A/100v, factory gives here very noisy fans. Fans from Noisblocker brand work much quiter.

Replacing fans greatly increase the comfort of chargers use.  

552942_3_i1064.jpeg

stock charger is 40x40x10 ?

smart charger is 60x60x20 ?

Edited by EMA

remember, that silent fans are usually less effective than high-speed noisy fans, so... to increase their effectivness You can consider removing the ventilation grille (at least partially), to reduce the air resistance they create.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, Greg X said:

remember, that silent fans are usually less effective than high-speed noisy fans, so... to increase their effectivness You can consider removing the ventilation grille (at least partially), to reduce the air resistance they create.

This was exactly what i was thinking of.

High fan speed noise is often created due to high RPM (especially noticeable on small diameter fans).

High RPM creates high air flow and/or high air pressure. Which in turn creates efficient cooling.

"Low noise" fans are often a combination of one or more items below:

- Better bearings

- More effective fan blade design

AND ALLWAYS

- Lower RPM. how much lower differs, for example Noctua computer fans often have 2 modes that are chosen by adding an online adapter that is basically resistor, that lowers voltage, that lowers fan speed.

So make sure charger components don't run to hot if changing fans. All I'm saying

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2