EUC mania, a fully blown case...

Mortal Coil

1 hour ago, Mortal Coil said:

Yes I did. My old riding gear just as I got into EUCs vs my new riding gear. Your point?

One word: relax. 

Your text was giving the impression it was a "then and now" type thing... 

9 hours ago, Mortal Coil said:

At least that! The weight of the new wheel was not something I was mentally prepared for. To turn you have to REALLY want to turn. Same thing to stop.

I found that on my similarly heavy wheel that if I squat down it slows down pretty fast. I don't lean back to brake very much.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mortal Coil said:

L7bBdNy.jpg

Kingsong 16X with custom Roll.nz bodyguard (nice work @The Fat Unicyclist), Leatt Dual Axis knee guards, Cordura motorcycle jacket, Flexmeter wrist guards, Shift Whit3 motorcross gloves, TSG Pass helmet.

Now that's an "ensemble" that ricks!!!

Credit where credit is due though... All of our awesome customisations come from Chrissi (Mrs. TFU) - I just supervise...   :popcorn:

• Like 2

Give yourself some more time and try and enjoy the ride, rather than riding at speed to reach your destination 

you’ll ride slower and have more fun

And if you push it too hard and the adrenaline kicks in and you get the leg wobbles 

stop and walk it off

• Like 3

I did my first commute this morning.

I found myself bouncing off the 40km/h limit that I put on the wheel more often

I don't think that's wise... Well, some people need to gain a few scars (for life) before they learn. ;)

• Like 1

Just finished stitching stainless thread into the index finger of my riding glove so that I can use my phone.

It’s not brilliant, but I’ve managed to post this with my glove on!

hODi3ib.jpg

Should be good enough to manage DarknessBot and answer phone calls.

Had my first commuter spill this afternoon. Just rounded a sharp corner after the end of a long run and forgot there was a bollard in the middle of the path. I wasn’t going fast, but object fixation kicked in and I ended up clipping the bollard and spilling onto my side. I was fine and got right back up, but a post ride inspection of my gear showed that my knee guards and cordura jacket probably saved me from some grazes.

I also learned that the bottom 50% of a 1.07 KS16X’s battery is not a happy place. It’s going to be a full overnight charge from now on!

Edited by Mortal Coil
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Mortal Coil said:

I also learned that the bottom 50% of a 1.07 KS16X’s battery is not a happy place. It’s going to be a full overnight charge from now on!

With the excellent changes KS made in the 2.0 and 2.01 fw update to the 18XL and 16S, that totally changed the wheels, there might be hope that they can do some tuning to the power hungry 2200W motor in a future update.

Edited by Espen R
  • Like 1