Best reaction to your EUC

Joker10

Kids' reactions never get old (@ 1:25)

!Loud volume warning!

Usually it's just pointing or asking their parents "what is he riding/what is this thing called" but my favorite is when I hear a loud   "WooOoOOow" or "WHAT???", in English no less. 

It's amusing to witness parent's creativity when answering, too. After the obligatory "Dad, what's that?" the answer is usually variation of "I don't know" or "some kind of wheel", but one time the dad just replied without missing a beat - "That's an Audi, son".

Edited by Lateralus
  • Like 2

I was riding some trails behind my house (on my Tesla!!) A mountain biker spotted me and flagged me down; he wanted to know everything about it. When I left I went up a very steep dirt hill and he couldn't believe it, so he followed me to see how far I'd make it - of course I didn't know he had followed me. I went down some very narrow single track, then decided I should turn around as the low pedals were scaring me. I almost crashed into the mountain biker around a corner; had to bail and the pedals cut up my shin. He said he was amazed I made it up that hill, and just couldn't figure out why I was faster than him, haha.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I rode by the local tennis courts when the weather was great and the courts were in use. The nearest court that I rode by has six older ladies that still "got game" in them. Just after I passed by the group I overheard one of them say, "If that was me on that thing I would fall flat on my face!" I thought to myself, "How does she know about face plants?" :efee96588e::laughbounce2: Then another lady said, "It must take a lot of coordination to ride those." After that I was getting to far away to hear anymore.

I just caught an interesting video on the YouTube feed that reminded me of this thread. It is a well made piece from a fellow Down Under (I think). I don't watch all the EUC videos offered by YouTube, but took a chance on this one. Once I got started, I could not stop watching. He mentions that he is the only rider in his area, and that he is a strange sight to the public and covers lots of public reactions to his wheel. Toward the end he talks about how he got started with EUC's. I am sure you will enjoy it. He covers lots of ground and he is a good video editor.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 6:49 PM, Tawpie said:

Guy flagged me down yesterday... “I find that really annoying”.

Guy cut me off in the drugstore parking lot, asked 3 times if he could ride it. 

Re: vid (second post up).

”For sale, lightly used Sherman. Some rust, some bearing noise. Runs good”.

Lolz....

He’s got a bunch of vids. Haven’t figured out where he’s at.

Ah, S. Aus. - Adelaide. 

Edited by OldFartRides
  • Like 1