Best reaction to your EUC

Joker10

I got a variety of comments today on my first day out with the new Nikola.  Aside from a lot of the typical "what is that", I heard from one young kid "is that an alien", another asked his parents if it was a roomba as I passed by, and one old dude shouted "lazy!" at me.

So the "roomba" thing is real, lol.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, scubadragosan said:

I have a bunch of squirrels that I used to feed in the park. Whenever I ride my wheel in the park, they know the food is coming. They all will be scurrying after me. It's quite strange for others to see this because most of the time, the squirrels would scatter when they see strangers. Now they are responding to a wheel as their cue for food. I know I am not supposed to feed them, but their cuteness is irresistible. Now one sit on my nap, one sit on my shoulder, another would help himself with nuts in my pouch. I see having a relationship with these squirrels a privilege. "I am not feeding them" but enjoying their great company as "equals" or "guests."

Nutz!

Edited by AngryJackPCB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Walden said:

This guy posted a video of me riding down the road and titled it, "I wonder if it has airbags"

Now I have got to know how in the EUC World did you find out about this video? :confused1: Did he yell that he was posting it and the name it would have????????

• Like 2

My favorite ones so far are from children, "Daddy, can I have one?" and "He's got a flying carpet"

People will exclaim, "Awesome!" and "Cool!" a lot. It's a lot of attention. When I had the 14D a group of college guys just started laughing at me as I rode by. I think they were high though. Now that I have the 10F young adults say, "That's bad ass!"

It's a lot of attention, maybe too much, and now I notice automobiles just stepping on the gas to pass me up as if to somehow compete with me to prove they are faster. It's funny. I would rather have them competing with me than being overly cautious around me like they used to.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2020 at 7:59 AM, Scottie said:

Now I have got to know how in the EUC World did you find out about this video? :confused1: Did he yell that he was posting it and the name it would have????????

It was posted on FB, then a friend of mine tagged me in the comments - this happens about once a month in my town, since I ride on the roads all over town.

• Like 1

I was riding past a kindergarten that I had passed by previously a couple of times and I heard one kid shouting "Look dad, there's the man again with the dangerous .... " (and here he failed to find a name for what I was riding)

Edited by mhpr262

I was riding my S18 for the first time and I went through a park where a bunch of kids were playing ball with one adult and they starting yelling "That's so cool mister! Can I get your autograph?!" I just waved and kept going but they kept yelling it so much I laughed and had to turn around. I ended up stopping and just handing out a bunch of eWheels business cards to let them know where I got the EUC (no autograph, lol). You can hear them all start yelling this at about the 11:18 mark near the end of this video:

Edited by Bridgeboy
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Bridgeboy said:

... they starting yelling "That's so cool mister! Can I get your autograph?!"

Hahaha, that's great. Do the reactions ever get old? I swear, that's at least a quarter of the fun in riding, just watching people's double takes/stares as you ride by.

Two drivers today followed me to ask what it was. One asked to take video because her son would want one and another rode up next to me and asked to video as I rode. She said I looked like a superhero on it..I proceeded to warn her I'm still new so don't be surprised if I mess up the mount with my legs being tired...luckily I pulled it off!

Edited by manieuc
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, manieuc said:

Hahaha, that's great. Do the reactions ever get old? I swear, that's at least a quarter of the fun in riding, just watching people's double takes/stares as you ride by.

I'm literally the only one that's rides these EUCs anywhere I've ever been. I have never seen anyone else on one anywhere (except for my wife and kids). Most people typically have no idea what they're looking at.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 5:54 AM, mhpr262 said:

I was riding past a kindergarten that I had passed by previously a couple of times and I heard one kid shouting "Look dad, there's the man again with the dangerous .... " (and here he failed to find a name for what I was riding)

Or perhaps the kid just knows the wheel as "the dangerous".  I imagine the kid previously asked an adult "What is that?" and the adult replied.  "It's dangerous".  So now that's what the kid knows it as.

• Like 3