Nikola Plus 100v with 21700 cells

Afeez Kay

Gotway are making three additional Nikola plus with 21700. The first one shipped for production is the one I have.. The Nikola plus has been confirmed as the only wheel that is wide enough to take two packs of 21700 cells, not even the MSX, as confirmed by Gotway.

what do you all think about the Nikola shell now and it’s width? I think the width can now be seen as an advantage.

The three in the video below have had to be  partially hand built, and sent to erides.co.uk  which speak volumes for the rarity of this Nikola plus configuration.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

what do you all think about the Nikola shell now and it’s width? I think the width can now be seen as an advantage.

What I think is that theres an awful lot of unused real estate within the Nicola, even the Plus models.

If they designed the wheel to utilise the space and CAD/CAM'd it properly they could fit much more Mah in there. It's still only a 17" wheel after all, with one of the biggest shells out there.

Dare I say it, they might not need the width in the first place (even for 21700) if it was designed to utilise the cavities properly.

*Puts flame suit on* :ph34r:

• Like 3

That is what I thought as well. I was hoping they can go to 2664wh.. with the 21700cells. I heard that this is possible, with a custom build. But when I ride the 21700 1800wh Nik +, it’s just smooth, balanced and very predictable. It just feels right, not too heavy and not too light. Range is also good too at about 60/70 miles give or take based on your weight, road condition and speed. That all I need really.

Well I am quite impressed at 70 miles for 1800wh. Most wheels seem to get around 30 miles per 1000wh give or take if I'm not mistaken.

Where has 'erides.co.uk' come from? Never heard of them before. Just visited the site and it doesn't look the most professional tbh, although it's always good to see another UK vendor popping up.

Most eucs get away with it because of the high voltages used (therefore less current). Yes the current spikes can be very high but this isnt maintained in general riding so things dont usually get a chance to overheat.

The Z10 has chunky power wires but then it needs them because of the low voltage.

It would be interesting to know what mm2 wire say an 84v wheel uses. All wire will have a maximum continuous current rating so it would be easy to check if a certain euc has a big enough wire. I agree though, most power wires do look quite skinny for the amps that get pulled through wheels.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason Ramsey said:

is this going to be an ongoing production model?  

I believe so.. The next three that has been built are being sent to erides.co.uk

Edited by Afeez Kay

Nice wheel!!! And good info, thanks!

And they did have to cut away some plastic so the wider battery would fit.

Free space at the top! At least a custom 450Wh battery is going to fit there (2250Wh) or even a third 900Wh (2700Wh!!!!!!!!!:dribble:).

Someone please send me 4000+€ so I can do this;)

Sad to hear there will be no 21700 MSX. But also good news, they have to design a new msuper successor now (or at least wider side pads).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Here's some pics of the Nikola 21700 packs. The cells are claimed to be unlabeled Panasonic NCR21700A 5Ah; there's a couple YT videos, where they're tested to 4.8Ah, implying that the actual capacity is going to be a ~4% less than spec. I'm going to try to find out the original of these. They're not commercial available, if repurposed from a Model 3, then they do not normally have the red Panos wrapper. 

uc?export=view&id=1rtk_faXCRj5XHACYSy3lt

uc?export=view&id=1GkMQgjlc6XzKtxdgHH4zj

uc?export=view&id=161nQ6ow_MyQieOLKBWqaE

uc?export=view&id=1b_QM8puN2nQyPJILqYxus

Please can you clarify what you want to say. :whistling: