CicLAvia ~ October 6th ~ DTLA

Freewheeler

Looks like you guys had a great ride out there!

Next CicLAvia up is December 8, 2019 -- The Valley. The route planned is five miles in a straight line.

(I'll save my observations about CicLAvia itself for another time).

Edited by 3euc

Hey @Dzlchef... it was great getting to ride with you this morning. It was too bad you had to peel off and go to work so soon. But, your people are lucky to have you as their boss.

And thank you again so much for your generous hospitality today! :thumbup:   I had a wonderful time at the Music Center. The food and drink both really hit the spot.

Looking forward to the next ride together man!

:roflmao:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

@Dzlchef whats the name and address of your fine establishments?

The Mullin Wine Bar. Although there are a lot of places there o eat and hang out but that does have a great vibe, and view.  Glad that everyone was able to come down and enjoy.  Highlight of my week!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Freewheeler said:

Hey @Dzlchef... it was great getting to ride with you this morning. It was too bad you had to peel off and go to work so soon. But, your people are lucky to have you as their boss.

And thank you again so much for your generous hospitality today! :thumbup:   I had a wonderful time at the Music Center. The food and drink both really hit the spot.

Looking forward to the next ride together man!

:roflmao:

It's was great meeting up with you and thanks for coming out early to ride with me.  Looking forward to being off work so I can fully enjoy the experience myself.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

The Mullin Wine Bar. Although there are a lot of places there o eat and hang out but that does have a great vibe, and view.  Glad that everyone was able to come down and enjoy.  Highlight of my week!

Great to see your chill place of employment, and thanks again for the food & drink :cheers:

• Like 2

From left to right: @M22, @Freewheeler, @Dzlchef, @Yellowman, me, and @YoshiSkySun

IMG_9460

Thanks for your hospitality Brian, for treating us to lunch at one of your fantastic downtown venues :D That slab of bacon was to die for :rolleyes:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, 3euc said:

Looks like you guys had a great ride out there!

Next CicLAvia up is December 8, 2019 -- The Valley. The route planned is five miles in a straight line.

(I'll save my observations about CicLAvia itself for another time).

I saw your original post and, while I didn't read it word for word, I did get a strong sense that I share many of your concerns. In fact, our small group was stopped by the pedal police and accosted. We were told to exit the route immediately. 

Subsequent to, but unrelated to that stop, I almost broadsided a motorcycle cop who, after travelling the wrong way one way street, decided he needed to make a turn, across lanes, and right ACROSS my path.. ACROSS the bike lane! I had to shout at him. He then chastised me, saying "didn't you see my lights?". Yes, I saw your lights! Your lights don't negate physics. Didn't you see me? Seriously.. he rode directly at me and only slammed on his brakes after I shouted at him. His reaction made it obvious he never saw me. 

@3euc... maybe start a thread on this topic of LEVs not being allowed at CicLAvia. I'd certainly like to chime in on it.

12 minutes ago, Freewheeler said:

I saw your original post and, while I didn't read it word for word, I did get a strong sense that I share many of your concerns. In fact, our small group was stopped by the pedal police and accosted. We were told to exit the route immediately. 

Subsequent to, but unrelated to that stop, I almost broadsided a motorcycle cop who, after travelling the wrong way one way street, decided he needed to make a turn, across lanes, and right ACROSS my path.. ACROSS the bike lane! I had to shout at him. He then chastised me, saying "didn't you see my lights?". Yes, I saw your lights! Your lights don't negate physics. Didn't you see me? Seriously.. he rode directly at me and only slammed on his brakes after I shouted at him. His reaction made it obvious he never saw me. 

@3euc... maybe start a thread on this topic of LEVs not being allowed at CicLAvia. I'd certainly like to chime in on it.

Interesting, I’ve never had an issue at Ciclivia. When going to meet up yesterday morning I was riding just behind a motorcycle cop for a few miles until we reached the end of the line.  When stopped he asked me a lot about the wheel and was interested in getting one for himself.  

• Like 1

Just now, Dzlchef said:

Interesting, I’ve never had an issue at Ciclivia. When going to meet up yesterday morning I was riding just behind a motorcycle cop for a few miles until we reached the end of the line.  When stopped he asked me a lot about the wheel and was interested in getting one for himself.  

I also get a lot of curious cops. Even if they only point and give a thumbs up or smile. I like taking the time to chat with them. These two guys were apparently on a mission from on high.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Freewheeler said:

I've been to several CicLAvia whether with group rides or with my kids but we have never had a bad reaction with the police. as a matter of fact I noticed when I'm riding with my kids they/some of them spark up a good conversation at stops or say something good about the wheels.

Edited by Dave U
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, jonthelam said:

It was good meeting @Freewheeler, @Dzlchef,  @Yellowman at Mariachi Plaza yesterday morning. I was on my bicycle and was following them for a short while into Chinatown. I later saw everyone else rolling back and forth through the crowd. Great meeting you all. I've been stalking long enough on this forum so what's a better way than to come out of my shell with this post. :D

It was great to meet you and hope you can find a nice upgrade to your 14D.  Buy a 1600wh wheel and come on some cool rides with us!

17 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

It was great to meet you and hope you can find a nice upgrade to your 14D.  Buy a 1600wh wheel and come on some cool rides with us!

Would love to join you all for a group ride once I get enough saved up for a bigger wheel. I'll be at the LA EUC games later this month so hopefully I can connect with some more folks as well. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, Freewheeler said:

I started a new topic and copied my original post there about CicLAvia currently officially excluding EUCs and any LEV.

When I saw it could interfere here with the post-ride chat, I set it aside for later and realized it probably should be its own topic.

• Like 1