CicLAvia ~ October 6th ~ DTLA

Freewheeler

I’ll be working DTLA that day and most is my commute route.  I’ll ride until 10am but at The Music Center thereafter.  If anybody is early, I’m there. 

I think I'll do this. My plan is to park at Griffith Park like on a previous CicLAVia, ride the LA River  to do the street riding, and then return via the river and do some riding around the park.

We can do some sight seeing around Skid Row too :ph34r:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave U said:

Where is the meet up spot and time, Mariachi Plaza Metro Hub? @ 8:30 am Rolling @9:00 am?

Inquiry minds want to know?

Sounds good!

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

We can do some sight seeing around Skid Row too :ph34r: 

Sounds... smelly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

I believe there’s a Hooters in downtown next to the Staple Center on Figueroa. Who’s game?

I am, but I probably won't see you guys since I'm starting at Griffith park

7 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

I believe there’s a Hooters in downtown next to the Staple Center on Figueroa. Who’s game?

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I am, but I probably won't see you guys since I'm starting at Griffith park

I can't meet up for either group ride :(. My daughter wants to go to this CicLAvia on her Beach Cruiser so Brian and I will be rolling with her but I will meet both groups at Hooters for a refreshment :cheers:!  Text me when you guys know, like 30 minutes prior to arriving at Hooters so I could secretly :ph34r: leave them both alone :facepalm: .  Maybe they won't notice me missing :laughbounce2:  .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave U said:

I can't meet up for either group ride :(. My daughter wants to go to this CicLAvia on her Beach Cruiser so Brian and I will be rolling with her but I will meet both groups at Hooters for a refreshment :cheers:!  Text me when you guys know, like 30 minutes prior to arriving at Hooters so I could secretly :ph34r: leave them both alone :facepalm: .  Maybe they won't notice me missing :laughbounce2:  .

Them: Dad, where have you been? Why you looked so refreshed?

Dave: I went to the restroom :lol:

Edited by Kens
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

You can always come hang out at my work on Sunday.  The plaza fountain is cool and The Mullin is featuring Shady Grove food truck with homemade bacon, tritip sandwiches,etc.  We have a full bar with cocktails curated by Christiaan Rollich and cold beer on draft and outside seating overlooking DTLA and city hall. I might be able to swing a bit of a discount as well 🥓🍺

Like that idea!  If I can get away Saturday, I was going to take the train from the OC.  But I don't think it arrives until 10:30.  My Z10 doesn't get that great of mileage.

10 hours ago, Dave Frear said:

Like that idea!  If I can get away Saturday, I was going to take the train from the OC.  But I don't think it arrives until 10:30.  My Z10 doesn't get that great of mileage.

I'll PM you. I might have an option that'll work. 

I do want to give a heads up on crowds.   We have all 3 houses open with the Ahmanson and Mark Taper starting at 1pm, and the Opera at 2pm so it'll be busy until the shows start, then everywhere will be empty.   We also have a Mexico City style street taco concept as well as a burger joint on the plaza, but those are only open 11am - 2pm.   There are plenty of options and seating everywhere if you decide to come over.   Alcohol is sold all over the plaza and you can take your beverages from one location to another, if that's your jam.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

We also have a Mexico City style street taco concept as well as a burger joint on the plaza, but those are only open 11am - 2pm. 

This,

(Just in time for lunch) :popcorn:

4 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Alcohol is sold all over the plaza and you can take your beverages from one location to another, if that's your jam.

Along with this,

Sounds like a good gathering for the 2 group rides joining each other for a good time! :cheers:

(Lets keep in mind, Drink Responsibly!) :facepalm:

On 9/30/2019 at 9:14 PM, Dave U said:

Where is the meet up spot and time, Mariachi Plaza Metro Hub? @ 8:30 am Rolling @9:00 am?

Inquiry minds want to know?

I'm good to meet at the Mariachi Plaza Hub at 8:30am for those who aren't starting at Griffith.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I'm good to meet at the Mariachi Plaza Hub at 8:30am for those who aren't starting at Griffith.   

I don't think anyone is starting at Griffith this time

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't think anyone is starting at Griffith this time

You could always do Ciclivia then ride to Griffith and back?   It's about 8 miles from DTLA one-way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

You could always do Ciclivia then ride to Griffith and back?   It's about 8 miles from DTLA one-way.

I just don't want to deal with traffic/parking. I'll probably take a pass if just myself.

I created a Telegram Group for this ride. For you guys that haven't used Telegram, you should. It's fantastic for this and will make it a lot easier for us to meetup.

On Telegram, search for the group "CicLAvia for 06Oct2019". Maybe we'll connect up tomorrow.

https://t.me/ciclavia06oct2019

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2