Changing softness, stiffness, riding mode

Brett Moats

16 minutes ago, Brett Moats said:

I'm trying to prevent the euc from accelerating when it leaves the ground, or even make is accelerate slower. Has anyone messed with this?

Just keep it straight and it won't accelerate :P

The wheel has to react on tilt changes or it won't self balance - there is no "i am in the air" sensor....

4 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Just keep it straight and it won't accelerate :P

The wheel has to react on tilt changes or it won't self balance - there is no "i am in the air" 

I was told that so I went back and even when I pick it up and keep it level it accelerates and maxes out its speed

4 minutes ago, Brett Moats said:

That's so odd I was told that so I when back to check and even when I pick it up level it still accelerates and then tells me to plz decelerate 

You don't pick.it up level if it still accelerates. The wheels are very "sensitive" - and they need this to perform.

5 minutes ago, Chriull said:

You don't pick.it up level if it still accelerates. The wheels are very "sensitive" - and they need this to perform.

So I'm jumping up on a rail and pedal grinding as im grinding down the rail it accelerates extremely fast, it's hard to land it with the wheel mocking. Is there a way to slow that down even a second would be huge to by me more time on the rail/ longer grinds

The wheel only reacts to how it is tilted. As long as it is tilted, it speeds up into the tilt direction until the tilt goes away. That's the basic working principle of a self-balancing vehicle like an electric unicycle and that's literally all it does. No way around it.

The wheel doesn't know when it is lifted up (unless it has a lift button), it doesn't know if you're going up or down a hill, sliding on a rail, whatever. It only reacts to the tilt. If it detects a tilt, it tries to make the tilt go away. (And if it's leaning sideways too much, it will assume it crashed and switch off).

Nothing you can do but keep the wheel level:)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The wheel only reacts to how it is tilted. As long as it is tilted, it speeds up into the tilt direction until the tilt goes away. That's the basic working principle of a self-balancing vehicle like an electric unicycle and that's literally all it does. No way around it.

The wheel doesn't know when it is lifted up (unless it has a lift button), it doesn't know if you're going up or down a hill, sliding on a rail, whatever. It only reacts to the tilt. If it detects a tilt, it tries to make the tilt go away. (And if it's leaning sideways too much, it will assume it crashed and switch off).

Nothing you can do:)

How about changing the degree in witch the wheel responds to acceleration 

3 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

Wow! I'd love to see that, do you have a video maybe? :clap3:

Yes on my instagram and by buddy's insta has 3 ppl doing it. @moto_moats and @hotwheelzriders

1 hour ago, Brett Moats said:

I was told that so I went back and even when I pick it up and keep it level it accelerates and maxes out its speed

if you are a quick learner/responder you can adjust the tilt in the opposite direction of the spin quickly enough and like that keep the spin low. It probably helps a lot to have soft mode activated. I can't do it reliably with all wheels, but after a little bit of practice I could keep one of my wheels some of the times from spinning out in the air.

58 minutes ago, Brett Moats said:

So I'm jumping up on a rail and pedal grinding as im grinding down the rail it accelerates extremely fast, it's hard to land it with the wheel mocking. Is there a way to slow that down even a second would be huge to by me more time on the rail/ longer grinds

Soft mode is the only thing which comes in my mind.

17 minutes ago, Mono said:

if you are a quick learner/responder you can adjust the tilt in the opposite direction of the spin quickly enough and like that keep the spin low. It probably helps a lot to have soft mode activated. I can't do it reliably with all wheels, but after a little bit of practice I could keep one of my wheels some of the times from spinning out in the air.

Soft mode is the only thing which comes in my mind.

So I'm on a ks16s how do I put it in "soft mode" 

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's the "learner" mode in the app. It delays the reaction of the wheel, but only a little bit. You will feel that the pedals are softer

Awesome worth a try... I want to know if theres a way to customize the codes my self or change the response to angles. I also want to figure out a way to turn off the angle shut off deal for I'm hitting banks and bowls and it thinks its tipped over on its side.. 

Don't have too many hopes, it won't allow rail sliding or anything. More like extra 0.1 seconds before the wheel responds. That's all, a more mellow wheel response.

Just now, Brett Moats said:

I want to know if theres a way to customize the codes my self or change the response to angles.

No.

Just now, Brett Moats said:

I also want to figure out a way to turn off the angle shut off deal for I'm hitting banks and bowls and it thinks its tipped over on its side.. 

No.

Sorry but these are simply the answers:mellow:

Some people got special firmware/board from Gotway for their wheels that disables or increases the sideways shutoff angle. I don't believe KS will do something like this.

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Don't have too many hopes, it won't allow rail sliding or anything. More like extra 0.1 seconds before the wheel responds. That's all, a more mellow wheel response.

No.

No.

Sorry but these are simply the answers:mellow:

Some people got special firmware/board from Gotway for their wheels that disables or increases the sideways shutoff angle. I don't believe KS will do something like this.

Is gotway the most customizable firmware euc?

Getting a special firmware/board with changed/disabled side shutoff angle is literally the only occasion ever that someone in any way changed something about the firmware for himself.

So in short, no manufacturer will allow you to do anything with the firmware.

The different ride modes in the apps is all you get.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Getting a special firmware/board with changed/disabled side shutoff angle is literally the only occasion ever that someone in any way changed something about the firmware for himself.

Dang, ok thanks for the information 

In terms of firmware/apps:

KingSong is shit. 5/10. No real customization besides tiltbacks and riding mode. Not even pedal angle. And to change tiltbacks you need the internet, so if the KingSong server goes kaboom, nobody will be able to change tiltbacks. (KS16S)

Gotway is even worse. 4/10. No real customization besides tiltbacks and riding mode. Not even pedal angle. And no firmware updates. And their software is full of hacks (ex. 84V wheels report 66V, which is upscaled by an app). (MSX 84V)

IDK about InMotion and Ninebot.

Why no one has released their source code is beyond me... It'd be nice to fix some of the easy-to-fix-in-firmware problems with wheels if the source was available. <_<

Edited by atdlzpae

21 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Unless you're a Russian that figures out to hack the Z10 firmware :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

KingSong is shit. 5/10. No real customization besides tiltbacks and riding mode. Not even pedal angle. And to change tiltbacks you need the internet, so if the KingSong server goes kaboom, nobody will be able to change tiltbacks. (KS16S)

Gotway is even worse. 4/10. No real customization besides tiltbacks and riding mode. Not even pedal angle. And no firmware updates. And their software is full of hacks (ex. 84V wheels report 66V, which is upscaled by an app). (MSX 84V)

IDK about InMotion and Ninebot.

Why no one has released their source code is beyond me... It'd be nice to fix some of the easy-to-fix-in-firmware problems with wheels if the source was available. <_<

Hmm I wonder what it would take to get the source code or "jail break one"

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Unless you're a Russian that figures out to hack the Z10 firmware :ph34r:

Do you know of a such Russian?

20 minutes ago, Brett Moats said:

Hmm I wonder what it would take to get the source code or "jail break one"

I declare that I may or may not have time to try to get the firmware of one of the unicycles in like a half a year or so. :efef77eaf5:

At least if they botched encryption.

@Brett MoatsDo you have any links? I see a ton of motorcycle stuff on Insta, I couldn't find a single unicycle... :) (I'm an instagram noob, still stuck in the email era...)

34 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

KingSong is shit. 5/10. No real customization besides tiltbacks and riding mode. Not even pedal angle.

Gotway is even worse. 4/10. No real customization besides tiltbacks and riding mode. Not even pedal angle.

Incorrect. The pedal angle on KS and GW wheels is set by doing a calibration from the app.

• Like 1