Dear Gotway

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Better too little glue than too much glue as far as Gotway is concerned;)

Kind of scary about the electronics and the motor when they can’t even get an adhesive correct. Two Nikolas in a row for me and the stupid labels are coming off. Lol. Heck the word Nikola in small letters on my Plus a corner of it was sticking up and sliced my finger open. A stupid sticker cut my finger open! LOL 

7 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Kind of scary about the electronics and the motor when they can’t even get an adhesive correct.

They already did the mistakes they can make with the electronics. Gotway electronics are extremely solid now. No need to worry about those.

Stickers are new for them lol... maybe getting it right from the start is too easy or something:rolleyes:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

They already did the mistakes they can make with the electronics. Gotway electronics are extremely solid now. No need to worry about those.

Stickers are new for them lol... maybe getting it right from the start is too easy or something:rolleyes:

If they get it right the first time then how they can improve? :lol:

On 8/30/2019 at 2:04 PM, Patton250 said:

...Two Nikolas in a row for me and the stupid labels are coming off...

On 8/30/2019 at 2:15 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

...Stickers are new for them lol... maybe getting it right from the start is too easy or something:rolleyes:

I have it on good authority that this is their sticker adhesive process, greentext style

- Be me, gotway employee

- Brings precocious and hyper 3 year old to work for the day

- Toddler McPainInMyPants be like: "Mom, mom, mom, I'm bored, I'm hungry, I'm bored, I'm hungry, I'm bored, I'm hungry can we go home, this sucks there's nothing to do, where's the bathroom, is there anything to play with"

- I get bright idea: "hey ToddlePain, look at these shiny stickers, I have a very important job for you, go out to the shop for and put one sticker on the side of each wheel right in the center"

-Toddler: "okay mommy, I do best job

- 1 hours later I walk out to shop floor to check on my future heir

- Todd: "Are you a good wheel, Yes you are, who's the best wheel, you are, high 5" *Slaps sticker to side of wheel and goes to next wheel*.....

- MFW I see all wheels labeled

- Much pride

That said they did an excellent job on all the stickers on my ACM2

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Arnold Pamplona said:

Have you all seen THIS video on Facebook?  They apparently fixed the sticker issue. Now, how do we get a hold of a couple of these improved stickers?

Looks like some dude just made them. That’s how they should have been made though. Gotway  should send a ton of those things out to the dealers so the dealers can send them out to us. The Nikola is such a beautiful wheel and it’s  Achilles’ heel are those stupid stickers. 

5 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Looks like some dude just made them. That’s how they should have been made though. Gotway  should send a ton of those things out to the dealers so the dealers can send them out to us. The Nikola is such a beautiful wheel and it’s  Achilles’ heel are those stupid stickers. 

From what I understand, that video was taken at GotWay headquarters. 

On 8/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, Blank said:

So on the topic of stickers, I put a strip of clear gorilla tape over the Gotway Nikola letters. Anyone had any ideas how to stop the giant GW from peeling off? 

Just sticker over them!

6537DD4E-A544-40EB-B0F2-4A42CF99BFE7.jpeg

• Like 1

the stickers are ugly anyway and have no reason to exist... at least on my nikola, there were no screws under the stickers on either side, so clearly they are unnecessary.. even if you want to take the stickers off the shell looks terrible underneath them lol they should just get rid of that cutout.. i dont think the problem is the stickers they are sticky as hell.. the problem is they slap them on to a shell covered in some sort of oil or release agent, obviously theyre not gonna stick worth a damn to that, they need to clean the area with alcohol prior.. the hideous silver stickers, main GW logo, and GW logo pedal risers were all peeling within 24 hours.. yet my matte black ACM those ones stuck on rock solid the entire time i owned it, and the ones on my tesla are perfect.. its only whatever greasy stuff is covering the glossy nikola shell

Edited by Rywokast