Will you lend your wheels to curious pedestrians?

iEatRice

On 9/8/2019 at 10:10 PM, houseofjob said:

Also, carrying myself this way is possible because this is the general attitude of New Yorkers, but isn't Philly similar too @iEatRice?

idk about New Yorkers but probably yea. Usually when I ride on the street and someone has to yell at me to stop and answer their questions I pretend I did not hear them and lean forward as much as possible to avoid any potential conflicts. 

• 4 weeks later...

No: My Z10 or mten3.

Yes: My KS14S.  It's my beginner wheel.  Lightly scratched but has an "EUC bodyguard" that does a great job of protecting it.

Edited by Senior Coffee
  • Like 1

I was asked this past Sunday! It was before sun-up in the morning. I was practice riding and came to a stop before heading into the bike lane because the sidewalk was a little crowded. A young man asked to ride it. I told him no because it's hard to ride. He asked how it works and I told him to watch me. I then rode around the corner, came back to talk to him but he was gone. In my camera footage, I saw that he watched, smiled and left. 

I won't because the V10 is $1,200 plus tax on sale. To me that's too expensive to let random strangers 'try' it. They may fall and damage it (despite a cover) or may actually be riders and ride away. I'm short and alone...so no. 

• Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 5:13 PM, ir_fuel said:

I never let any stranger try it. You don't want to break your wheel and you for sure don't want to be responsible for them slamming into the pavement.

I’ve let people try mine, but with a caveat——As overkill as it may seem, if you’re in the US you may want to check your homeowners/renters insurance to see if it covers you for letting someone ‘borrow’ your property. You never know what can happen if someone you know or don’t know gets injured trying your wheel.

• Like 2

It should under a condition that I can keep my eyes on him.

Personally speaking, I think that's no problem lending a wheel to a curious person who wants to try this stuff. But only for the polite man. If experience like that happen to me, there's no doubt I will refuse that rude requirement. 

BTW, as a store owner, better willing to do that cause it can help the selling after all.:D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chili D said:

I’ve let people try mine, but with a caveat——As overkill as it may seem, if you’re in the US you may want to check your homeowners/renters insurance to see if it covers you for letting someone ‘borrow’ your property. You never know what can happen if someone you know or don’t know gets injured trying your wheel.

I totally agree and is a major reason that I have a real hard time with the thought of letting someone ride my wheel, even more so than the scratches or possible damage.

Edited by Senior Coffee