Glasses for riding in sun with full face helmet?

I am wearing a Fox Proframe right now just have some cheap auto-tinting cycling glasses I picked up on Amazon back when I was only cycling. Hoping others can share what they are rocking on a sunny day to protect their eyes while wearing a full face helmet.

I wear the Bell Super 3R with downhill ski goggles that I modified for attachment to the helmet via 2 Velcro straps. 

44230013914_e6e4d3314e_b.jpg

45453477852_72fd681bbc_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wear a full-face helmet that has a dark visor. Works great. I don't wear any kind of glasses with this helmet.

• Like 1

I use ordinary bikeglasses (one set tinted, and one set untinted).

I use a Bell Super 3R and occasionally get the rods squeezed between ear and scull when tightening the helmet, especially if I wear a balaclava underneath.

(@Rehab1 I guess you have the DH, not the 3R. DH is the newer version of the Bell Super, I believe :))

• Like 1

14 hours ago, prasket said:

I am wearing a Fox Proframe right now just have some cheap auto-tinting cycling glasses I picked up on Amazon back when I was only cycling. Hoping others can share what they are rocking on a sunny day to protect their eyes while wearing a full face helmet.

I tried goggles, but felt very uncomfortable and they limited my peripherial vision. So now I'm using Hercules 7 GT photochromic glasses with my Fox Rampage Pro and I'm satisfied overall.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I wear the Bell Super 3R with downhill ski goggles that I modified for attachment to the helmet via 2 Velcro straps. 

44230013914_e6e4d3314e_b.jpg

45453477852_72fd681bbc_b.jpg

Is that too hot for a day with average of ±32℃ ?

6 hours ago, Seba said:

I tried goggles, but felt very uncomfortable and they limited my peripherial vision. So now I'm using Hercules 7 GT photochromic glasses with my Fox Rampage Pro and I'm satisfied overall.

I have my sunglasses on like shown in the picture in the photo thread :P 

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/3596-the-photo-thread/?do=findComment&comment=236846

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Olav said:

hab1 I guess you have the DH, not the 3R. DH is the newer version of the Bell Super, I believe :))

Good eye! Your correct. My black version is the 3R. 

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Is that too hot for a day with average of ±32℃ ?

I have my sunglasses on like shown in the picture in the photo thread :P 

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/3596-the-photo-thread/?do=findComment&comment=236846

No I wouldn’t wear that setup on hot days. I do like your ensemble! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Plain and simple? heh i don't run when i ride places like that, so i don't need protection.

That is what i'm telling my self but still outside the park is the tram station, hopped in the train and didn't even step on a road ;) 

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Good eye! Your correct. My black version is the 3R. 

Theres a noticeable difference on the chinguard of the 3R and DH, also theres fewer ventilation holes on the DH than on the 3R.
But I believe the DH is DH-certified, which the 3R isn't. And the mips-system is slightly better as well.

Photochromic cycling glasses are my choice. It turns more transparent the darker it gets outside so you can still use them at night. I always wear glasses to protect my eyes from pebbles and bugs that will find their way onto your face.

Ryders Eyewear makes a pair called the Nimby: [Link Here]
There are a ton of options from different companies out there.

NIMBY_R01908A-600x251.jpg.4f85e673b3d5d2fb21bff4a3e67be130.jpg

Edited by tihoa

16 minutes ago, z3n said:

tf-n7938-silver-guns-novelty-adults-cost

No one will ever dare to rob your precious EUC! :clap3:

That should fit comfortably under a full face helmet. 

• Like 2

I wear Rudy Project Magsters under my POC Coron Air SPIN helmet. The fit perfectly. The lenses (ImpactX photochromic polarized Trivex ballistic) are superb. 

I'd think any kind of "tactical" sunglasses would fit under a full face helmet fine since they're designed to be worn under helmets and headsets, with small, thin temples. Another advantage of tactical sunglasses is that they'll have ballistic rated lenses and safety rated frames, so you'll be a bit safer.

• 3 months later...

Last week I picked up some Smith Fuel v2 and liked them but the side vision obstruction wasn't for my liking. 

I have pre-ordered some Smith Wildcats with matte black frame on recommendation from someone at Evo. Hopefully they will work out for me. 

11 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

I just wear my normal sunglasses. Switch to goggles if I need that extra wind protection.

Thats what Ive been wearing but want something for low light/ cloudy days we ate about to have many of.  

53 minutes ago, prasket said:

Thats what Ive been wearing but want something for low light/ cloudy days we ate about to have many of.  

For Seattle-Gray-Noon, I wear goggles. For example, I'm about to head out in a bit at noon, and I'll 100% be wearing my goggles.

These are what I'm using now , but they pinch your nose unless you're Asian.

2 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

For Seattle-Gray-Noon, I wear goggles. For example, I'm about to head out in a bit at noon, and I'll 100% be wearing my goggles.

These are what I'm using now , but they pinch your nose unless you're Asian.

I really didn't like the visibly blocking of the googles I tried on. I even laid my 16x over on denny and aurora where all that construction is and got some good scratches from all the broken rocks. 

The glasses I ordered come with a clear lens as an option. Seems they also make some lens for low light that brighten everything up. I might have to grab those as well. 

27 minutes ago, prasket said:

I really didn't like the visibly blocking of the googles I tried on. I even laid my 16x over on denny and aurora where all that construction is and got some good scratches from all the broken rocks. 

The glasses I ordered come with a clear lens as an option. Seems they also make some lens for low light that brighten everything up. I might have to grab those as well. 

I've been using these for 1-1/2 years. They work great and I love that I can change the lenses based on the conditions. The eyes are sealed, keeping the wind from dying them out, bugs, etc. Can't beat the price (~$17) and I've been happy with the optical clarity.

AULLY PARK Polarized Motorcycle Riding Glasses Black Frame with 4 Lens Kit for Outdoor Activity Sport

61QaSHLIBiL._SL1002_.jpg

• Like 2