MSX with Nikola pedals

13 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

Regarding your question @stephen , I think my wheel could manage up to 11 or 12 miles of riding,before the battery gets down to 20%.

I've read somewhere that @Gasmantle V5F is a bit better than mine, regarding both, the range and the top speed :)

Pog, at the moment I've got my V5F limited to 12mph while I learn to ride it but think the quoted max speed is 16mph. As for the range on full charge the app says 24.1 miles is left but I think that is optimistic, it's difficult to assess at the moment as I'm still practising so my current riding is very much stop - start over short distances.

If we get chance to meet up for a ride along the old railway line it would be interesting to compare the 2 machines.

Edited by Gasmantle

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, Gasmantle said:

Pog, at the moment I've got my V5F limited to 12mph while I learn to ride it but think the quoted max speed is 16mph. As for the range on full charge the app says 24.1 miles is left but I think that is optimistic, it's difficult to assess at the moment as I'm still practising so my current riding is very much stop - start over short distances.

If we get chance to meet up for a ride along the old railway line it would be interesting to compare the 2 machines.

We gonna meet for sure :)

Regarding the mileage, app is showing over 17miles on mine E+ , but I've wrote of 11 or 12 miles due to battery ...

I can go farther if the battery gets down to 20%, but it's not a joy then...

It'll be the same for yours, though.

I guess you might be ok riding the distance upto 20 miles?

The remain 4miles is where you battery gonna get down to 20%...

Then the speed will be reduced down to 3 or 5 mph, which is unpleasant experience. 

I were there, and I got on the bus to get home :)

The E+ was tilting me backward frequently, making me very unhappy :)

8 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

We gonna meet for sure :)

Regarding the mileage, app is showing over 17miles on mine E+ , but I've wrote of 11 or 12 miles due to battery ...

I can go farther if the battery gets down to 20%, but it's not a joy then...

It'll be the same for yours, though.

I guess you might be ok riding the distance upto 20 miles?

The remain 4miles is where you battery gonna get down to 20%...

Then the speed will be reduced down to 3 or 5 mph, which is unpleasant experience. 

I were there, and I got on the bus to get home :)

The E+ was tilting me backward frequently, making me very unhappy :)

Once I can give it a proper test over longer distances I'll let you know what I think the range is.

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2019 at 8:40 PM, stephen said:

So my thoughts on the Nikola pedals😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊 WOW !! It feels like I've got a new wheel MSX v2😊

My legs are locked in solid, the grip tape is amazing ,i have extra leverage and my feet have ample room , turning into corners at speed feels a bit like the z10, my feet are that locked in it just pulled the wheel over when you lean with no effort,

Maneuverability is also better, it feels like your legs are clamped onto the wheel and just becomes another extension of your legs, going slow is stable ,turning sharp corners is excellent the angle is better than there MSX.  my speed has gained also. Going over bumps speed bumps was a joy my feet didn't slip forward anymore due to my feet hanging over the edge on the old pedals,   thee outside edge of my feet now fit on the whole pedal on Doesn't dig in on the edge ,,, they really are comfy,,,

overall I'm extremely happy I didn't know new pedals could change a wheels characteristics like it has.

For £90 it's worth the upgrade you have ample more room on your feet it helps with grip it helps with a different position on your legs in a good way .

I've done several videos today I will upload them in time but here i have one already done from today's ride/test

Thank you for your feedback.

1 hour ago, kelec_947 said:

since you have change pedal, you have the same angle than tesla for example ?

It should be the same angle what you have now, it's the hanger what changes the angle on my msx

15 hours ago, stephen said:

Carving on the MSX with the new Nikola pedals😊

Just thought I'd do a video of the carving abilities with the new pedals ,

Better for throwing the msx around plus better acceleration and braking , it would be hard to give these a pedal scrape ,i really am liking these its like a new wheel MSX v2 😊 recommended highly 😁

Wow, I can't wait until I can ride like that - it's got to feel so liberating to smoothly negotiate those sweeping curves. I could steer my way around those paths but only with jerky moves.

4 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

Wow, I can't wait until I can ride like that - it's got to feel so liberating to smoothly negotiate those sweeping curves. I could steer my way around those paths but only with jerky moves.

Well a year ago i wasn't riding at all, you seem to forget about the wheel under your feet and it just comes naturally, yeah it is a nice feeling ,a bit like skiing if you've ever done it, the turns was tighter than they look, thoroughly enjoyed it .. Thanks for watching

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, stephen said:

Well a year ago i wasn't riding at all, you seem to forget about the wheel under your feet and it just comes naturally, yeah it is a nice feeling ,a bit like skiing if you've ever done it, the turns was tighter than they look, thoroughly enjoyed it .. Thanks for watching

Stephen, is that Lister Park? I've been googling a few local parks to visit in the next few days and it seemed like a good place to practise :)

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Stephen, is that Lister Park? I've been googling a few local parks to visit in the next few days and it seemed like a good place to practise :)

Yes mate it is lister park is a nice place to ride , here's a few videos

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2019 at 1:56 AM, stephen said:

Carving on the MSX with the new Nikola pedals😊

Just thought I'd do a video of the carving abilities with the new pedals ,

Better for throwing the msx around plus better acceleration and braking , it would be hard to give these a pedal scrape ,i really am liking these its like a new wheel MSX v2 😊 recommended highly 😁

Thank you for your report @stephen. Better braking is the best aspect that makes me decide to do the same thing. Better acceleration and  comfort are also welcome.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, koto said:

Thank you for your report @stephen. Better braking is the best aspect that makes me decide to do the same thing. Better acceleration and  comfort are also welcome.

You'll still have a pedal angle if you've got the MSX but it makes you super confident in every aspect

11 hours ago, stephen said:

Yes mate it is lister park is a nice place to ride , here's a few videos

Thanks, it's only about 15 mins on the train for me to get there so I'm going to pay a visit in the next few days once the rain eases a bit.

Perhaps yourself and PogArt Artur would care join me for an hour or 2?

Edited by Gasmantle

Guest PogArt Artur
27 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Thanks, it's only about 15 mins on the train for me to get there so I'm going to pay a visit in the next few days once the rain eases a bit.

Perhaps yourself and PogArt Artur would care join me for an hour or 2?

It would be great to meet you and @stephen for sure, and have a chat and nice ride around the park, but I have no time until next weekend.

It's my long weekend from Friday 17th till Monday. 

It would be great if we could meet...

5 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

It would be great to meet you and @stephen for sure, and have a chat and nice ride around the park, but I have no time until next weekend.

It's my long weekend from Friday 17th till Monday. 

It would be great if we could meet...

I'd be happy to do that, it would give us chance to compare wheels :)

Edited by Gasmantle

Guest PogArt Artur
18 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

I'd be happy to do that, it would give us chance to compare wheels :)

Awesome :)

Now lets see if @stephen can make next week..?

I know @stephen is working Fr, Sa, but maybe Su or Mo then?

:)

Thursday 16th I'm finishing my shift at 14:36, so it'll be around 15:20 at home...

If there's no other option to meet together,but Thursday 16th @stephen, then I could join you at 17 o'clock maybe...

Not! 

I can't !

The battery won't get charged that quick...

If not convenient, then don't wait for me :)

You can meet guys this weekend easy :)

Edited by PogArt Artur