MSX with Nikola pedals

14 hours ago, kelec_947 said:

Possible to you to make tutorial ? It's difficult to change pedal ?

There's just a grub screw at each end of the pedal take them out knock the rod through , install new pedal = put pedal in place put the rod in making sure you got the washers on while the rods going through , put grub screw in one end tap rod to the grub screw , put grub screw in other end and tighten up equally 👍

Guest PogArt Artur
42 minutes ago, stephen said:

There's just a grub screw at each end of the pedal take them out knock the rod through , install new pedal = put pedal in place put the rod in making sure you got the washers on while the rods going through , put grub screw in one end tap rod to the grub screw , put grub screw in other end and tighten up equally 👍

So as we discussed @stephen ...

I'll bring the full suitcase of money this Friday, and I'll collect your MSX at 11:00am at Lister Park, as you've promised.

:)

So I will ENJOY the meeting then :)

Finally, perhaps i found an answer about the difference between stephen picture and mine. The MSX motor arms has two batches,The first batch of motor arms can match the pedals very well. My MSX is the latest in date (with new rear light). 

1 hour ago, PogArt Artur said:

So as we discussed @stephen ...

I'll bring the full suitcase of money this Friday, and I'll collect your MSX at 11:00am at Lister Park, as you've promised.

:)

So I will ENJOY the meeting then :)

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Yes your suitcase will need to be full , I've not used the z10 since i got my new pedals on the msx that would be the first to go 😁 i love my msx😊 

29 minutes ago, kelec_947 said:

Finally, perhaps i found an answer about the difference between stephen picture and mine. The MSX motor arms has two batches,The first batch of motor arms can match the pedals very well. My MSX is the latest in date (with new rear light). 

I'm sure there's no difference in pedal arms they wouldn't make it more of an angle on the newer msx ....

Have you got the msx yet?

Post some pictures please

5 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm sure there's no difference in pedal arms they wouldn't make it more of an angle on the newer msx ....

Have you got the msx yet?

Post some pictures please

@stephen unfortunally i don't have yet msx is in transit. Perhaps first time you have put these nikola pedal on your msx they are like that and your weight lowered the pedals. Here photos of seller send me 

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 14.18.15 (1).png

d3af91cb-7515-4c80-9544-0ba1aa5b11fc.jpeg

d8dcb7e2-8b0b-4440-867e-13121bada239.jpeg

Edited by kelec_947
  • Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
2 minutes ago, stephen said:

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Yes your suitcase will need to be full , I've not used the z10 since i got my new pedals on the msx that would be the first to go 😁 i love my msx😊 

Unfortunately my favourite Z10 has faded away,after I've compared the MSX specs...

BUT...

I believe any Z10 is superior to E+ :)

So...

Shall we make a deal then? :)

Riding my z10 in sunny Blackpool 😁😁😁i like it to much to say bye bye .

Girlfreind is riding my MSX she likes it because it's easier to ride than the z10 for her

I think she'll like the ks16X😊

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, stephen said:

Riding my z10 in sunny Blackpool 😁😁😁i like it to much to say bye bye .

Girlfreind is riding my MSX she likes it because it's easier to ride than the z10 for her

I think she'll like the ks16X😊

Enjoy guys the lovely weather then!!!

And .., be gentle to my Z10 @stephen

:):):)

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2019 at 4:16 PM, kelec_947 said:

Vous le peler? @stephen Parce que sur ma photo c'est comme ça

Same for me...

Just received the Nikola pedals from aliexpress for my MSuperX, and they were equiped with the abrasive anti-slip coating. Is there a rubber coating under?

I mounted them on the MSX without any problem, using the other parts coming with.

Not sure that the angle is smaller than with the original pedals... May be a little, I shall test and see, but it seems very similar with the GT16 angle I had before...

photo_2019-07-05_14-59-45.jpg

Edited by sbouju
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, sbouju said:

Same for me...

Just received the Nikola pedals from aliexpress for my MSuperX, and they were equiped with the abrasive anti-slip coating. Is there a rubber coating under?

I mounted them on the MSX without any problem, using the other parts coming with.

Not sure that the angle is smaller than with the original pedals... May be a little, I shall test and see, but it seems very similar with the GT16 angle I had before...

Very interesting. Guess Gotway realized that the plastic versions don't work very well when wet. I tore off my plastic and installed real grip tape. No, there would be no plastic under these.

44 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very interesting. Guess Gotway realized that the plastic versions don't work very well when wet. I tore off my plastic and installed real grip tape. No, there would be no plastic under these.

Yes, Gotway switched back to grip tape for the Nikola, so all newer Nikolas (and standalone pedals) since some time should with this instead of the rubber.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 4:44 PM, Nils said:

Yes, Gotway switched back to grip tape for the Nikola, so all newer Nikolas (and standalone pedals) since some time should with this instead of the rubber.

So, if I remove the grip tape, I shall not find any rubber/plastic under, I understand, but directly the metal plate. I probably shall do it, anyway, for the magnet "problem"...

First kilometers done this morning with those Nikola pedals :)

Edited by sbouju

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

seems to me that with nikola pedals the angle is much more compared to the stock msx, i've tried the monster3 pedals and they have too much angle for me.

Edited by Emanuele Tomasello

On 10/19/2019 at 2:21 AM, AdrianT said:

Has anyone tried to install nikola pedals on the msuper v3s? Does it work, and how is the Angle?

This is something that I would also like to know. 

please confirm

? It looks like the MSX increased the angle with the pedal pillars? (MSv3 and MSX had the same pedals?)

? It looks like the Nicola pedals themselves have more angle?  (Nicola pedals will fit and add more angle? ) 

The Nicola pedals might even fit the MSv3 better than the MSX because of the non matching pedal recess on the MSX.  (MSv3 is just flat)

I liked the angle of the MSX so much that I added shims to my MSv3 to mach the MSX.  I always felt like my feet were going to slip off the pedals and they did before I got my MSX. Now I am more afraid of leaning too far to the side and the tire slipping or the wheel cutting out rather than pedal scrape and foot slipping. 

Edited by RockyTop

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

This is something that I would also like to know. 

please confirm

? It looks like the MSX increased the angle with the pedal pillars? (MSv3 and MSX had the same pedals?)

? It looks like the Nicola pedals themselves have more angle?  (Nicola pedals will fit and add more angle? ) 

The Nicola pedals might even fit the MSv3 better than the MSX because of the non matching pedal recess on the MSX.  (MSv3 is just flat)

I liked the angle of the MSX so much that I added shims to my MSv3 to mach the MSX.  I always felt like my feet were going to slip off the pedals and they did before I got my MSX. Now I am more afraid of leaning too far to the side and the tire slipping or the wheel cutting out rather than pedal scrape and foot slipping. 

My nikola pedals for dinner on my msx I'm sure the second batch of the newer msx makes the pedals more of an angle but mine was fine

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, sbouju said:

I really like your design of this.

Gave me some new ideas for a stand. 

Like adding a tray under the wheel to collect dust/mud/water/snow. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I really like your design of this.

Gave me some new ideas for a stand. 

Like adding a tray under the wheel to collect dust/mud/water/snow. 

It would be easy to 3D print a mud tray.  You could even make the tray slide out for cleaning. 

Edited by RockyTop

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 10:14 PM, Shad0z said:

I decided that it would be easiest to make them with hard plastic.

The way and where I ride, I don’t think even Nasa has a plastic that would survive my 100kg of weight...