MSX with Nikola pedals

Guest PogArt Artur
48 minutes ago, stephen said:

So my thoughts on the Nikola pedals😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊 WOW !! It feels like I've got a new wheel MSX v2😊

My legs are locked in solid, the grip tape is amazing ,i have extra leverage and my feet have ample room , turning into corners at speed feels a bit like the z10, my feet are that locked in it just pulled the wheel over when you lean with no effort,

Maneuverability is also better, it feels like your legs are clamped onto the wheel and just becomes another extension of your legs, going slow is stable ,turning sharp corners is excellent the angle is better than there MSX.  my speed has gained also. Going over bumps speed bumps was a joy my feet didn't slip forward anymore due to my feet hanging over the edge on the old pedals,   thee outside edge of my feet now fit on the whole pedal on Doesn't dig in on the edge ,,, they really are comfy,,,

overall I'm extremely happy I didn't know new pedals could change a wheels characteristics like it has.

For £90 it's worth the upgrade you have ample more room on your feet it helps with grip it helps with a different position on your legs in a good way .

I've done several videos today I will upload them in time but here i have one already done from today's ride/test

That's great, and you've improved it by yourself.

Well done.

I've just have watched latest videos.

I'm glad it does work very good for you.

Awesome, lots of high-res pictures:thumbup: I'm tempted to get these for my ACM if I don't get a Nikola or 16X in the first place. Though they might not fit, as the side protrusion is in the way and they might not close then (they're the same shape as the ACM pedals, but bigger).

Happy to hear the new plastic grip stuff is just as good as grip tape. And it doesn't rub off with time! Have you tried it when wet? Sometime someone posted here that they are just as grippy when wet, can you confirm that?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Awesome, lots of high-res pictures:thumbup: I'm tempted to get these for my ACM if I don't get a Nikola or 16X in the first place. Though they might not fit, as the side protrusion is in the way and they might not close then (they're the same shape as the ACM pedals, but bigger).

Happy to hear the new plastic grip stuff is just as good as grip tape. And it doesn't rub off with time! Have you tried it when wet? Sometime someone posted here that they are just as grippy when wet, can you confirm that?

There's so much platform to stand on they are amazing especially for £90 , for people with multiple gotways @Marty BackeBacke your gunna like em on 1 at least

I'll try reinact the wet and pour some water on them and wet my soles too😁😊 the grip is very grippy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Please watch @nils Video Comparison Hill test of the V10F v Nikola. 

6 hours ago, stephen said:

There's so much platform to stand on they are amazing especially for £90 , for people with multiple gotways @Marty BackeBacke your gunna like em on 1 at least

I'll try reinact the wet and pour some water on them and wet my soles too😁😊 the grip is very grippy

@stephen thanks for posting. Where did you purchase the Nikola pedals from ? I'm considering them for my MSX.

21 hours ago, stephen said:

So I've fitted the nikola pedals to my msx everything went smooth ,

pins came out straight away , Nikola rod is allot shorter which concerned me but that's how it is on the nikola so shouldn't be a problem ,

Grip tape ,, yeah it's good ,, it's grippy ,, yet to do full ride ,

Congrats, glad to hear everything went according to plan! Yeah, the Nikola pedals are really great, coming from the V10F I was most pleasantly surprised to find out how good they were on the Nikola - a lot more comfortable than the V10's in my opinion :thumbup:

• Upvote 2

Stephen how would you compare the Nikola plates to the Z10? Are they bigger? Do you have any of the same issues with your stock Z10 plates that you got with the stock MSX ones? I think you are the same foot size as me - 10 to 11. I wouldn't mind trying a bigger plate and wondered if the Nikola ones could be made to fit if they give a size increase over the NB's.

2 hours ago, Adel said:

@stephen thanks for posting. Where did you purchase the Nikola pedals from ? I'm considering them for my MSX.

From AliExpress ,, make sure you get the pedal rods or if you wanted you could cut the msx ones down ,i wouldn't though I'll keep em for spares 😊

| Original GotWay Nikola pedals GotWay new 17 inch pedal electric unicycle spare parts
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b2tC8YZS

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Nils said:

Congrats, glad to hear everything went according to plan! Yeah, the Nikola pedals are really great, coming from the V10F I was most pleasantly surprised to find out how good they were on the Nikola - a lot more comfortable than the V10's in my opinion :thumbup:

They surprised me,i thought they wouldn't be that grippy but they are 😊 , your enjoying the nikola then?

1 minute ago, stephen said:

They surprised me,i thought they wouldn't be that grippy but they are 😊 , your enjoying the nikola then?

Yeah, I'm very happy with it! Very comfortable, and very powerful as well (did the a hill test below yesterday, and it just chugged along without any worries). +1, would buy again ;)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Stephen how would you compare the Nikola plates to the Z10? Are they bigger? Do you have any of the same issues with your stock Z10 plates that you got with the stock MSX ones? I think you are the same foot size as me - 10 to 11. I wouldn't mind trying a bigger plate and wondered if the Nikola ones could be made to fit if they give a size increase over the NB's.

I love the width of the z10 pedals I've not really got any issues with the Z10 pedals tbh , I'm size 9 shoes ,, you could always try these 

IMG-20190430-115208-thumb-jpg-eac8296bf2

Yeah I looked into those bud, but wasn't keen on the raised front and rear sections.

Like you, I find the girth of the NB plates fine, I just wouldn't mind a bit more length. Deffo a conversation I have had with Mrs P as well :huh:

3 hours ago, Planemo said:

Yeah I looked into those bud, but wasn't keen on the raised front and rear sections.

Like you, I find the girth of the NB plates fine, I just wouldn't mind a bit more length. Deffo a conversation I have had with Mrs P as well :huh:

:roflmao:

Guest PogArt Artur
2 hours ago, stephen said:

Been for another ride today with @PogArt Artur ,,, nice to meet you mate,,, and the nikola pedals held up well ,

i love em super grippy and comfortable 😊 so much room on your feet 😊

Yeah, first meeting in Bradford of two EUCs riders, lol :)

It's been great to meet you to @stephen  :)

What is better than single EUC rider?

Two riders! :)

We'll have very soon, the third one to join ... :)@Gasmantle :)

Edited by PogArt Artur

2 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

Yeah, first meeting in Bradford of two EUCs riders, lol :)

It's been great to meet you to @stephen  :)

What is better than single EUC rider?

Two riders! :)

We'll have very soon, the third one to join ... :)@Gasmantle :)

I'd possibly be interested in joining in, I'm about 20mins away from Bradford by train. I'm still something of a rookie though - I can stay on the wheel but still a tad shaky and not yet comfortable negotiating obstacles.

23 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

I'd possibly be interested in joining in, I'm about 20mins away from Bradford by train. I'm still something of a rookie though - I can stay on the wheel but still a tad shaky and not yet comfortable negotiating obstacles.

Yeah we just took it steady pace just chatting no hardcore stuff 😊 

What euc have you got @Gasmantle next time we go out we'll give you the heads up

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stephen said:

Yeah we just took it steady pace just chatting no hardcore stuff 😊 

What euc have you got @Gasmantle next time we go out we'll give you the heads up

Thanks, I bought an Inmotion V5F last week so I'm still kinda getting the hang of it but I think in a few days I ought to have pretty much got it sorted. At the moment I can ride it but struggle a bit with getting on and off - I'm trying to work at my slow speed manouvering, I can steer but my turning circle is fairly big :lol:

• Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, Gasmantle said:

It's only matter of practice and a time, and you will get there sooner than you think :),

@stephen was riding across the streets today, where I were walking behind him instead :)

That's the visible difference between beginner and an experienced rider :) lol :)

I hope after couple of months I'll be riding like @stephen at the moment, and you @Gasmantle will be much better then, than I'm at present, as I can tell you're seems to be born EUC rider :)

We can come to your place too, the distance is same :)