KingSong Connectivity issues make me want to Alt+F4 earth [Video]

seage

So i made a thread earlier with a mix of issues. Some physical limitations and some app/bluetooth problems. Well the physical side has been solved and im on to the next stage. This bloody app and these bloody issues. 

So ya boi made a few oopsies and cant figure out how to undo them. First off, I didnt touch any firmware stuff. Left that alone for now, but I downloaded the older version of the kingsong app as it actually read out my battery accurately and the horn worked when I pressed it. (This is the KS-18XL)., In the new app, it shows my battery always at 100%, which ...just isnt cool. So i sign in to the old software and it says illegal equipment. So im like, oh yeah, its bound to the new app, lets just unbind it and bind to the old one again, so i can delete the new one. Welp, that didnt work so well. I unbound it, but couldnt find any options to bind the wheel to the old app. Tried to rebind it to the new app that i redownloaded, and no bueno. It just shows this:

4qx5ETk0chRgp0aBCdWbeZUc9RiZkLKS5nWN8OTt4JVAAqEmxpRBFOLTaoWJu23FUsvEiM_O_ifHSd7SvhNUI7vlEPuaEIhd4J7TKEojQLGB6fvKVQz6oCiPVatr2C1nXaPRQpN1Vm8movAG2gQGlHhQnU4al2ZmyESo2IkJ98WYN7YUtzWQdcwwXZ-P4zyIqT5LU_qI6KccBTLuOiuUaybk0xL-RWu9-P6Y7Pm_FKNixzszURFxFf5uO7nmaTLrSXkT7dJeKKNsvp0iRU8ozDDyivdTnSUx69BnZkdcQLHT-sN-POVmbCicXyrPXwpXK7xogxCRxVUVwYrTNNu3xQQw9pRrzsOWumLkBFWZNrD-OG92mFu9YrQDsnivr681IN1aF-lm0H6aEnH1Q7-CAdBM8W2DN09VB0vF25UripBokHyA37rWSOnhYsaVMheuSlXkEgyW_HYn43vxZWKnDUhsUErzv6TUA6rtOstVqsvUhJc5M_R5pE_7ZRpAjUHcuhl_FpYAoNSRX7cVbbhTzQehIqjQJ6KrMsxJAPjVuZxuQRyfA-C9QU3ZTFdJTFm60wCDVkNrMCdHYZmOuSiu_dvmwG5SkxC-zTvw9HMEm9RAt3xZUEdQVkuVJij5cNLrxaJ4dTJOiKPPLjIYZGsPF2Xi4qV3xMxP=w378-h797-no

Cool....but how do I rebind? Id rather use the old software, honestly, but I have no ideaaaa. And because of that, the speed is limited in a weird way. If anyone knows how to get it working again, id greatly appreciate that.

After that I was getting crazy connectivity issues. Im half and half on this. Its either the bluetooth module as point out by Marty. Or, its the firmware. During the upgrade process to whatever shitty version the wheels on now, it actually jacked up and the update went from 70% back down to 0% and started installing all over again. I looked away for a bit and suddenly it was done. Seemed really unnatural. And alas, when I connected it to the app, it was all glitchy and shitty. And now I cant get wheellog to stay connected for more than 30 seconds at a time. 

Id like to roll back the firmware and attempt a fresh install this time. Im using the One Plus 6 and just did a full factory reset on it, as I was going to this week anyways. I logged back in and tried to bind with the wheel again, but still nothing..... I havent tested the bluetooth stuff yet, but im not hopeful in aannnnnnnnnnnnny way. 

Basically, i need help. I absolutely LOVE this wheel when it comes to performance. But this app is straight garbo. And connectivity...like...how you gonna go downhill from your previous wheel??? My KS-16s had exactly 0 of these problems. 

I would uninstall all versions of the KS app. And force stop wheellog. You don't want multiple apps trying to connect at the same time. Once that's done follow @Lutalo s instructions in your other thread. Do not run wheellog until after you have the KS app working and your firmware is up to date.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

I would uninstall all versions of the KS app. And force stop wheellog. You don't want multiple apps trying to connect at the same time. Once that's done follow @Lutalo s instructions in your other thread. Do not run wheellog until after you have the KS app working and your firmware is up to date.

I managed to get the apps to stay connected.....all it took was not turning off my screen for an entire ride. The moment the phone goes to sleep, it disconnects, and i cant understand as theres nothing about that in the settings....... Im trying to figure it out. 

Mmmm.....the unbinding issue is still kicking my ass. But hey...at least i figured out a temporary way to stay connected? Burn my battery.

6 hours ago, tessa25 said:

You still have something wrong. I still say to follow my instructions, then @Lutalo s.

I did that already. All of it, haha. The update seemed to be a glitch that would just loop forever. Theres no way i can manually update it with my version of the app. 

Ive tested it with everything uninstalled. The only thing that works is keeping that screen on.

But past this now, the binding issue is the problem. Ive been recommended to lock and unlock my wheel to maybe get it to register, but im scared its gonna lock and then not unlock.

I dont know if wheels can do that, but it would be my luck that would allow me to be the first person to have that error happen.

• Like 1

@seage: FYI - the picture in your first link is not accessible. At least not for me...

PS: from https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/3969-forum-rules-and-guidelines-must-read-before-your-first-post/?tab=comments#comment-41648

"POSTING MEDIA

This forum is hosted on a server where the total disk space cap is relatively low.  Therefore every forum member's account also has a cap on total disk usage (you will eventually run out of space).  For this reason it is encouraged that you put your large images on reliable external sites such as imgur.com (or equivalent) and embed it back into your posts.  For imgur (you don't have to create an account), if you want to embed the photo into your post, make sure to use the "Direct Link" instead of the "Image Link" given by imgur.  Needless to say, videos go to YouTube (or equivalent) and can be embedded back into your posts here.

To "embed" all you have to do is copy and paste the link to the body of your post (wherever you want it) and hit enter."

15 minutes ago, Chriull said:

@seage: FYI - the picture in your first link is not accessible. At least not for me...

PS: from https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/3969-forum-rules-and-guidelines-must-read-before-your-first-post/?tab=comments#comment-41648

"POSTING MEDIA

This forum is hosted on a server where the total disk space cap is relatively low.  Therefore every forum member's account also has a cap on total disk usage (you will eventually run out of space).  For this reason it is encouraged that you put your large images on reliable external sites such as imgur.com (or equivalent) and embed it back into your posts.  For imgur (you don't have to create an account), if you want to embed the photo into your post, make sure to use the "Direct Link" instead of the "Image Link" given by imgur.  Needless to say, videos go to YouTube (or equivalent) and can be embedded back into your posts here.

To "embed" all you have to do is copy and paste the link to the body of your post (wherever you want it) and hit enter."

Thanks mate. Yeah I made the mistake of copy and pasting the image as it's kinda habit. I see it on my side but no one else does. It's just a pic that says "you don't bind with the vehicle~~" and no options to press anything but back. 

4 hours ago, tessa25 said:

Perhaps it's time  to call the place you bought the wheel from for warranty work.

Maybe. Its getting close at least, lol

4 hours ago, Chriull said:

@seage: Just in case you did not see it - there is now a dedicated contact at Kingsong for app problems:

Thanks. I didn't. I was directed by Vicky Huang to use the in app chat feature, and it said his name at the top, so im guessing we're all speaking to the same dude. Poor lads bout to be overloaded, lol. 

• Like 1

For some reason i can still connect to the app but all the lights and L.E.Ds are off and no speakers.

but the beeps are working. i have no idea whats going on. still rides perfect but i miss my lights and speakers :(

I dont know if its from the update or maybe i have blown a fuse?? has this happened to anyone else??

I

From April 10th, the old Kingsong APP stop service, since there is no connection to cloud server.

As for new APP, you can download the latest version

Android linkage: https://www.kingsong.com/list-30.html  (V3.1.1)
Iphone: directly search Kingsog and install (V1.2)

The account you used in old Kingsong APP will not work in new APP, so need to register a new account.

If you don't know how to bind, you can join King Song Intell Co., LTD group in facebook to see the steps.

@Philip Connolly Spectra control the LED battery display and colorful mode. If close, there is no LED battery display

Voice speak switch is to allow speakers, it need to be open.

image.png.f42d2bba5ac45904a362505e85fd5ca2.pngimage.png.99a704c74a0b2966f373bf24182b9f26.png

1 hour ago, Micheal Shen said:

If you don't know how to bind, you can join King Song Intell Co., LTD group in facebook to see the steps.

I found the steps. (Why do your customers need to do detective work in order to change the most used setting?)

The steps don’t work as showed. The app says with bad engrish something and there is a button “apply” and that doesn’t do anything. Sometimes I get chinese notifications. Can you please update the instructions and check that your servers are working correctly. 

Also, after disabling bluetooth music I have very difficult time connecting the app with the wheel. I can see it on the app but it won’t connect. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have had issues with the app since I got the wheel. I got my motherboard changed because of the "shake-issues", and just before this the connection with the app stopped working completely. With the new board, everything was fine - no shaking and connectivity was fine for changing settings - but still would loose connection when turning off the screen and riding for a bit (I have a iPhone Xs). 

Yesterday I found  that I can not connect to the wheel anymore. I turned the wheel off once I got home and wanted to check a few minutes later to see what the percentage was. Could not find the wheel anymore. Tried several times, also rebooted my phone and turned bluetooth off/on. Nothing. I have the leds on the side off when riding, so now I can not change anything and not see my battery status anymore. I am able to see "KingSongMusic" and am able to connect to it for music - but this is also unstable.

Anything I can try to fix this or is my motherboard faulty again? Is there a way to turn on LED lights on the side of the wheel without the app? Seems like it is only front light on/off.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:36 AM, rolauk said:

I have had issues with the app since I got the wheel. I got my motherboard changed because of the "shake-issues", and just before this the connection with the app stopped working completely. With the new board, everything was fine - no shaking and connectivity was fine for changing settings - but still would loose connection when turning off the screen and riding for a bit (I have a iPhone Xs). 

Yesterday I found  that I can not connect to the wheel anymore. I turned the wheel off once I got home and wanted to check a few minutes later to see what the percentage was. Could not find the wheel anymore. Tried several times, also rebooted my phone and turned bluetooth off/on. Nothing. I have the leds on the side off when riding, so now I can not change anything and not see my battery status anymore. I am able to see "KingSongMusic" and am able to connect to it for music - but this is also unstable.

Anything I can try to fix this or is my motherboard faulty again? Is there a way to turn on LED lights on the side of the wheel without the app? Seems like it is only front light on/off.

Sorry to hear that, mate.... I actually came to report some degrading issues of my own. And only with the bluetooth... Have you learned anything new? Spoken with your seller? 

So ive been testing my wheel. Still having tons of trouble with all things bluetooth. And the binding issue was not fixed. One thing thats interesting is that now the connectivity issues are worse than before. 

Normally after a disconnect from my wheel, the WheelLog app would reconnect after a while. Now it just repeats the connected message without actually holding then loses the wheel completely as the bluetooth button turns off..... And this happens after maybe 5 minutes of riding. Not sure why or how its getting WORSE... Is there any way to buy a new bluetooth module alone? Or is this a whole motherboard thing? I really wish things would work...

@seage

Which app version did you use to try to update the firmware? I used the current version (3.1.1), since the older ones wouldn't let me. Updated the firmware, recalibrated the wheel, went through the settings to make sure everything was OK, tested the wheel (connectivity issues were gone) and uninstalled the KS app, never to be installed again

Edited by travsformation

16 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Ask your seller!

Will do.

11 hours ago, travsformation said:

@seage

Which app version did you use to try to update the firmware? I used the current version (3.1.1), since the older ones wouldn't let me. Updated the firmware, recalibrated the wheel, went through the settings to make sure everything was OK, tested the wheel (connectivity issues were gone) and uninstalled the KS app, never to be installed again

I have the latest, but i downloaded it from the app store. Does that make a difference? I have the latest firmware and all that nonsense. Im trying to stay clear from the KS app these days, as the fact that it wont bind is dangerous. If i accidentally touch my speed settings, it will lock me back at 20km. Which...just no.

14 minutes ago, seage said:

Will do.

I have the latest, but i downloaded it from the app store. Does that make a difference? I have the latest firmware and all that nonsense. Im trying to stay clear from the KS app these days, as the fact that it wont bind is dangerous. If i accidentally touch my speed settings, it will lock me back at 20km. Which...just no.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been there too and it's a royal pain to set straight. As long is everything is working and my settings are according to my liking, I avoid the KS app like the plague. 

Recently my wheel suddenly switched the headlight to strobe mode for no apparent reason, and WheelLog wasn't able to change it, so I installed the KS app and a whole plethora of issues began, including connectivity, lateral lean issues, gyroscope switching off while trolleying, etc. It was immediate, so there's no doubt the KS app was the culprit. 

In the end I didn't have much of a choice other than update the wheel's firmware, and that solved all the issues. Lesson learned : don't install the KS app again... 

Your case has me puzzled....the only thing I can say for sure is that if you've upgraded thy firmware, you're better off avoiding the old versions of the KS app too, as they don't get along too well with the new firmware... 

Aside from that, I can't think of what you can do. Contact your distributor, as meep suggested, and keep sweeping the forum for possible answers... 

Good luck and don't lose faith! 

On 5/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, travsformation said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been there too and it's a royal pain to set straight. As long is everything is working and my settings are according to my liking, I avoid the KS app like the plague. 

Recently my wheel suddenly switched the headlight to strobe mode for no apparent reason, and WheelLog wasn't able to change it, so I installed the KS app and a whole plethora of issues began, including connectivity, lateral lean issues, gyroscope switching off while trolleying, etc. It was immediate, so there's no doubt the KS app was the culprit. 

In the end I didn't have much of a choice other than update the wheel's firmware, and that solved all the issues. Lesson learned : don't install the KS app again... 

Your case has me puzzled....the only thing I can say for sure is that if you've upgraded thy firmware, you're better off avoiding the old versions of the KS app too, as they don't get along too well with the new firmware... 

Aside from that, I can't think of what you can do. Contact your distributor, as meep suggested, and keep sweeping the forum for possible answers... 

Good luck and don't lose faith! 

Haha, best idea. And for real? LOL..... what is up with this wheel? How could your lights just change on you? Lmfao. 

I cant use the older versions anymore anyways. They've made them obsolete, so im free of that mess. Im currently in talks with my seller. Sent him a video and hopefully i can get answers or a working motherboard because im tired of this nonsense xD.

Hey all, figured I should post this for everyone to see what i was talking about. Some notes, i have the new wheellog app running. No, the app isnt the thing disconnecting, its the bluetooth. You can tell this because when using the official kingsong app and tuning app to connect, while it did for a split second, wheellog would say "connected" then when it immediately dropped it would say "connection lost". This is not my phone as I have used 4 plus an ipad with darknessbot and still get the same problems. Its the wheel 100%. Also, i do not have these issues with the 16s. I can connect and stay connected for an entire day if I dont turn it off. Please enjoy my pain:

• seage changed the title to KingSong Connectivity issues make me want to Alt+F4 earth [Video]