Is it true that Ninebot won't produce unicycles anymore?

takeda

I've just got an answer to my inquiry ..

nA8Nx4G.png

So, it's just an opinion of his, based on a discussion of why Ninebot doesn't go oversea.

I hope they don't stop making wheels cause they are truly good at it..

• 4 weeks later...

Any more news/insights on this?

If it's true, is it risky to get one? Considering fw updates, parts etc.

Seems like this wheel have more problems than others (KS18XL, MSuper X)?

Love the looks of that Batwheel but seems the odds are against it...:unsure:

Edited by Windjammer

I don't think, actually, all production from the three Ninebot factories is focused on kick scooters (Tianjin factory specialized in Xiaomi M365 and Segway ES1 ES2 ES3/4), a strong demand from rental operators

More than 700,000 kick scooters sold last year...

This market is a priority for Ninebot

Look here how many containers are shipped to USA from Tianjin and Changzhou factories, "consignee name " show Segway or a kickscooter renting company

https://cn.panjiva.com/Ninebot-Tianjin-Co-Ltd/30824584 ; https://panjiva.com/Ninebot-Changzhou-Tech-Co-Ltd/42204125

The ONE Z: it's a grocery store that pays nothing, it's a niche product that has never been licensed in the US or Europe...

The proof is this: this year, there were announcements for two new models of kick scooter:
At Xiaomi: the M365 PRO
At Segway Ninebot: ES MAX

Nothing for MINIs, nothing for EUC One
I know NINEBOT well, in spring there is always the new models, this year there is still nothing, after it is necessary to wait until August and November for new announcements.

what is certain is that the productions of One Z and Mini are stopped, I see it because there is no more stock with my Chinese partners who do drop shipping

Edited by jojo33
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Xiaomi Segway Ninebot is gaining global monopoly on kick scooter
The mark is visible everywhere cheaply
Their goal is to maintain this dominance
Their vigilance is greatly increased on all security and hacking issues
EUC Ninebot and One Z can not really compete with Gotway with more choices in his diffrents modeles
Segway Ninebot Xiaomi Mijia Mini Mini Pro Mini Plus  Segway have the ultimate dominance in the market, there are no real competitors with the same technology,
Finally, insurance companies prefer the Kick scooter

12 minutes ago, Windjammer said:

So the question is, does that mean that you shouldn't buy a Z10?

Buy one now before you can't, they are worth it 😊 , you can always buy a motherboard for spare if your concerned 😊

• Like 2

I think only you can decide it. If the "forever" promise of some brand is relevant for you the Z10 could be disappointing in the near future. Maybe it will vanish some day from official sales channels. But spare part supply and community support will be on a far more higher level than i.e. for generic wheels (for instance) in any way. I think the next decade you can run it with no fundamental issues and have all the fun about it.

BTW: Even top notch brands like KS or GW tend to torture their customers with crappy apps, forced registration and else. So you you should get the wheel you really want today.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stephen said:

Buy one now before you can't, they are worth it 😊 , you can always buy a motherboard for spare if your concerned 😊

Do you have something to suggest, website, reseller or something ? Preferably in Europe!

9 minutes ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

I think only you can decide it. If the "forever" promise of some brand is relevant for you the Z10 could be disappointing in the near future. Maybe it will vanish some day from official sales channels. But spare part supply and community support will be on a far more higher level than i.e. for generic wheels (for instance) in any way. I think the next decade you can run it with no fundamental issues and have all the fun about it.

BTW: Even top notch brands like KS or GW tend to torture their customers with crappy apps, forced registration and else. So you you should get the wheel you really want today.:rolleyes:

instead of using their apps you can use WheelLog, custom build from EUC.world that has live map and extra support, but even Kingsong has done great work on their apps lately !

You are right of course that there are vivid alternatives available in the app section for most brands when it's about operating our EUCs. But for some fundamental issues like registration or unlocking you are forced to use the manufacturers (mostly shitty) apps. If you fail here i.e. of geoblocking (what KS is trying to establish in new app) you are in really bad situation.:pooping:

I already bought mainboard (both components). By two reasons :

1.) If the board is damaged, even if it is in production yet , nobody knows how long I will wait for replacement one from China. It is the main reason. 

2.) If the production is discontinued 

I don't believe I will buy new wheel in the near future. Already have three and my wife take care for the batteries when I am onboard a vessel on contract. 

25 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Do you have something to suggest, website, reseller or something ? Preferably in Europe!

@LefterisI have, but from Aliexpress The seller is very reliable. Do you want link?

Edited by Ch.Eng.62
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

@LefterisI have, but from Aliexpress The seller is very reliable. Do you want link?

Thank you but i wont buy from Aliexpress, cause in Greece everything that comes from outside the EU paid extra tax + fee's and stuff..

Specially products with batteries, they kind of put it in a hazardous category and charge + extra for that..

Edited by Lefteris

3 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Thank you but i wont buy from Aliexpress, cause in Greece everything that comes from outside the EU paid extra tax + fee's and stuff..

Specially products with batteries, they kind of put it in a hazardous category and charge + extra for that..

Many sellers on Ali have free shipment & tax free (it is included in the price).

So you have price and availability on one side and non-warranty and long time of shipment on second side. It is up to you.

But waiting for CE certification can take ages.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lefteris said:

I am in Bulgaria. The same rules but I received the wheels from China without any extra cost 

10 hours ago, jitesar said:

Many sellers on Ali have free shipment & tax free (it is included in the price).

So you have price and availability on one side and non-warranty and long time of shipment on second side. It is up to you.

But waiting for CE certification can take ages.

3 hours ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

I am in Bulgaria. The same rules but I received the wheels from China without any extra cost 

You don't get it guys, let me say it in other words.

Greek customs DON'T care if it's tax free, they charge fee's because they can!

Ask any Greek buyer that frequently buys from the internet, he is gonna say the worst.. we really have a huge problem.. :unsure::crying:

2 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I never thought Greek-Style referred to taxes :D 

It's not the Greek-Style, it's the Greek government, which most of the Greeks seam to believe they (the government) are non-Greeks, at least on their minds, cause they don't care about us the people even remotely. Anyway.

Let's stay on topic for the sake of the OP (and mine :( )

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

It's not the Greek-Style, it's the Greek government, which most of the Greeks seam to believe they (the government) are non-Greeks, at least on their minds, cause they don't care about us the people even remotely. Anyway.

Oh come on now, that was funny :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

You don't get it guys, let me say it in other words.

Greek customs DON'T care if it's tax free, they charge fee's because they can!

Ask any Greek buyer that frequently buys from the internet, he is gonna say the worst.. we really have a huge problem.. :unsure::crying:

OK! I get it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lefteris said:

I think you are wrong. Customs law is as in EU.
Nothing really different happens here than EU countries.
VAT though is high 24% for all goods.
Some fees exist specially in Greece for big-size business imports (cargo/shipping/groupage) which is irrelevant.

Edited by Petros Makris

That is what I mean. In Aliexpress, Chinese guys (at least some of them) knows how to reduce the price for the customers. Once imported in EU, the goods can travel without paying additional taxes. 

Really I don't know exactly how it is working, but it is working. 

yes, it lands to Germany, Poland, Hungary... just EU. And then shipment is practically EU <-> EU. So, if shipment from EU to you is tax free it should be OK. And if not it is robbery.

By the way,  VAT is not the same in all the EU, for example in Czech we have standard DPH 21%.