Is it true that Ninebot won't produce unicycles anymore?

takeda

I'm not sure how they are doing it either (assuming the Chinese companies are paying EU import tax) for the price of the item though.

If they ship to Hungary for example, pay the Hungarian import tax then ship onto the UK (no more tax as in EU) it still means tax has been paid to Hungary. What is the Hungarian import tax? At least 15%? I am just amazed that they can supply the wheel, including import taxes, shipping to Hungary then additional shipping to UK for the price of the wheel. A V5F was £625 from Speedy at the time I bought my wheel from Gearbest for £352 to my door. If the sender IS paying import taxes, someone is making a lot of money somewhere.

I'm not convinced Speedy is out to fleece customers at a 77.5% markup for his efforts in running a business which is why I believe that something isn't right on the tax front. Not that I'm complaining mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Z is a great vehicle. I am confident that if this is their last EUC the silver lining may be that they'll always continue to produce parts so long as the demand continues. It's not like other manufacturers that pump out 10 different models each year. Those guys don't have the capacity to keep spares for everything on hand. They will stop making revision F by the time revision t comes out and the time frame between these might be quick depending on how fast they pump out new models. Just a thought.

Most devices have a support period. Even if they decide to stop making more, they are bound to support the current line-up as proper business method.

But still, this is just a theory, about the EUCs VS Scooters. Yes they tend to make more scooters this time around cause of the market needs, but still they make the best EUCs. I don't think, my personal opinion, that they will stop production of electric unicycles.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lefteris said:

I don't think, my personal opinion, that they will stop production of electric unicycles.

Exactly. There is still a post on Segways official Instagram Acc where they said the Z10 will be available in europe in may 19... 2 weeks left... :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Availability doesn't confirm the fact, it's just that they have already produced enough to release in other markets, plus have the proper paperwork ready.

I'd personally like to know what support do our wheels that are bought from the EU but originated from China, have. I know that my supplier is the best in Europe and does support all wheels he sells, it's just the long run you know.. handles, plastic covers, if you want to buy something to be able to find them in EU.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lionmade said:

Exactly. There is still a post on Segways official Instagram Acc where they said the Z10 will be available in europe in may 19... 2 weeks left... :popcorn:

2 weeks, isn't may 19th this weekend? :thumbup:

No, optimizing hardware in current devices does not always result in a new model (Z10 Lights/Trolley e.x)

There are several products which keeping slightly optimized while still in production under same name etc.

Edited by Lionmade

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, Lefteris said:

As @Marty Backe confirmed by a user on a facebook group, there are machines built in 04-2019 plus the new firmware update, so Ninebot hasn't stopped making the Z series!! ;)

What Facebook group is this? Is it the 'closed' one?

And I can't see the serial number on that sticker, but I will take Marty's word for it :)