Crash history of Unventor

Guest PogArt Artur
41 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well that is why I gear up... Just in case... 

I am not as immortal as when I were 22...

Me too , lol :)

I'm happy you're OK  :)

Guest PogArt Artur
14 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My friend and I went for a ride the other day. Both on our MSX:es. He was riding to the left and behind me. The bike lane / walking path was clear. A man steps out from a small pathway between two bushes and starts to cut diagonally through the bike lane / walking path. I didn't have time to use my bell and didn't have my music on. He was totally oblivious so I had to swerve left. I bumped into my friend, pedal to pedal. He lost balance and grabbed my arm... and for a moment there we became a hoverboard and regained balance. Lessons were learned. 

Wow!

Quite scary - at least you've survived in one piece guys !

Well done ... :)

4 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My friend and I went for a ride the other day. Both on our MSX:es. He was riding to the left and behind me. The bike lane / walking path was clear. A man steps out from a small pathway between two bushes and starts to cut diagonally through the bike lane / walking path. I didn't have time to use my bell and didn't have my music on. He was totally oblivious so I had to swerve left. I bumped into my friend, pedal to pedal. He lost balance and grabbed my arm... and for a moment there we became a hoverboard and regained balance. Lessons were learned. 

Cool you managed to pull that stunt off. 

Now 8 hours later I can feel the hit to my bad knee. I see tomorrow if I must drive to work by car or my knees have improved. 

I could feel I am shaky on my legs as the wheel would like to wobble even at low speed (like 20-25kmh where I usually ride at 30ish).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Have you experimented with running into pedestrians with both your hands up?

With a few volunteers (and one or two involunteers), and at very close range, I think simply running into pedestrians as you would at a rigorous basketball game is a pretty good drama-free option, so long as you use both hands. If you just use one hand then you're dead, but two hands is a very feasible defense with pedestrians.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Cool you managed to pull that stunt off. 

Now 8 hours later I can feel the hit to my bad knee. I see tomorrow if I must drive to work by car or my knees have improved. 

I could feel I am shaky on my legs as the wheel would like to wobble even at low speed (like 20-25kmh where I usually ride at 30ish).

I am so over cautious when I read and even more if I am riding with my wife.
Sometimes though... I just don't give a shit.

The important is that we learn and try to improve. Even if it's not our fault. We can't change the world but we can change ourselves.

Hope your knee gets better soon! Just a little tap on the knee is enough to cause trouble. Let us know how it turns out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

Have you experimented with running into pedestrians with both your hands up?

With a few volunteers (and one or two involunteers), and at very close range, I think simply running into pedestrians as you would at a rigorous basketball game is a pretty good drama-free option, so long as you use both hands. If you just use one hand then you're dead, but two hands is a very feasible defense with pedestrians.

I have considered it but the problem is that it would count as a traffic accident and by law we would have to call the police.

I will definitely experiment with it though (with a friend)!

Lately when approaching pedestrians who are spread out all over the place I have started spreading my arms out as wide as I can.

jesus.jpg.8f11aafd0394af2f25a61e1b8ced9c79.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

have considered it but the problem is that it would count as a traffic accident and by law we would have to call the police

The moment I read that I thought, "that must be Germany."

Because only Germans make the worlds' most dangerous playgrounds for kids while making a collision between a cyclists and pedestrian a mandatory reportable offense.

I'm not sure why Germans walk with their hands and arms down 100% of the time, it's really quite silly and something I've only seen in Germany. Every sensible person keeps or holds up their arms when on the uBahn... except the Germans.

You'd think the Germans would be used to raising their arms after losing two World Wars, but no, a German would rather slam head first into the ground before relinquishing their Aldi bags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

The moment I read that I thought, "that must be Germany."

Because only Germans make the worlds' most dangerous playgrounds for kids while making a collision between a cyclists and pedestrian a mandatory reportable offense.

I'm not sure why Germans walk with their hands and arms down 100% of the time, it's really quite silly and something I've only seen in Germany. Every sensible person keeps or holds up their arms when on the uBahn... except the Germans.

You'd think the Germans would be used to raising their arms after losing two World Wars, but no, a German would rather slam head first into the ground before relinquishing their Aldi bags.

:roflmao: lmao at some of those comments hahaha.

Hmm I don't even know how those laws work in Germany except that they are very strict regarding PEVs.

Sorry I was exaggerating a bit. I would only have to involve the police if:
- one of us got badly hurt
- one of us wanted to make an insurance claim

And these can be reported afterwards to satisfy insurance claims. Though it would suck though since my MSX doesn't meet the requirements in Sweden for being road worthy.
It's way too fast and would need to be capped at 20kmh.

So I guess I could run someone over and just zoom away.
However as someone being involved in a traffic accident we have obligations by law and if we just decide to leave it becomes a hit and run.