Crash history of Unventor

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Unventor I still get nauseous looking at the past photos of your red abraded buttocks and bloody arm.   :wacko:

Well it could have ended a lot worse. I think my time riding bicycles in wintertime helped me to focus as i were in mid air and to decide what to do and succeed in a landing though not ideal atleast spreading the force of impact enough. 

And maybe a mind set. BBC had an article of why Danes rate so high in happyness score time after times. I see if I can find it. But they explain it pretty well. 😁

• Like 1

@Rehab1 here goes, remember I didn't write this. @Smoother you might be surprised with this too.

It is a skill as I see it and we are thought this in our upbringing. Probably because we are a small country constant tring to be a tiny bit ahead to be competitive. 

It might be the case in other parts of the world to. 

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20190217-what-to-do-when-hygge-no-longer-works

My boss is Swedish. And she nevers worked out why I deal with bad stuff/negative situations or customers (belive me those do exist too) in the way i do.

Often she just looks pussled and resulting in a laughs and then wevmove on. You need to read the BBC story behind the link why.

It was tricky and difficult at first for my boss, but I  tjis she appreciate this highly these daus, now when she understands it better. She laughed a lot reading that article. Due to thinking back on some situations, it makes sense to her now.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Unventor said:

@Rehab1 here goes, remember I didn't write this. @Smoother you might be surprised with this too.

It is a skill as I see it and we are thought this in our upbringing. Probably because we are a small country constant tring to be a tiny bit ahead to be competitive. 

It might be the case in other parts of the world to. 

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20190217-what-to-do-when-hygge-no-longer-works

My boss in Swedish. And she nevers worked out why I deal with bad stuff/negative situations or customers (belive me those do exist too) in the way i do.

Often she just looks pussled and resulting in a laughs and then wevmove on. You need to read the BBC story behind the link why.

It was tricky and difficult at first for my boss, but I  tjis she appreciate this highly these daus, now when she understands it better. She laughed a lot reading that article. Due to thinking back on some situations, it makes sense to her now.

What I got from this article:

" ‘Danish isn’t a language but a throat disease’"

:D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

But we taste sweet....danish...

girls love it.😏

They talk about the mindset "pyt". It is one tiny word. In English you need a lot of expressions to kinda cover what it sums up. Like as our language is simpel yet so complicated as controled chaos that you can't explain certain words or concepts in English.

English is so much easier. Not my opinion but what WHO rated how easy an language is to learn some years back. Danish came in top 3 of most difficult.

Anyway a little detour from topic. My bad.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

They talk about the mindset "pyt".

Yeah I reads the article but nobody has yet explained how to pronounce "pyt"

unless its a Michael Jackson thing.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Yeah I reads the article but nobody has yet explained how to pronounce "pyt"

unless its a Michael Jackson thing.

The closest way is kinda like pid in english.

So it's "put" only spelled in an unnecessarily complicated way. And they say..

17 hours ago, Unventor said:

Danish came in top 3 of most difficult.

What were the top two? Klingon and Dothraki? :roflmao:

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Smoother said:

Brilliant!
This is very true :P;)

And since you said it, I don't have to B)

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

Danish came in top 3 of most difficult.

No. 4 is Dutch, they both have strange noices coming out of their throats :P

But they're both good peoples ;)

:cheers:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well it could have ended a lot worse. I think my time riding bicycles in wintertime helped me to focus as i were in mid air and to decide what to do and succeed in a landing though not ideal atleast spreading the force of impact enough. 

And maybe a mind set. BBC had an article of why Danes rate so high in happyness score time after times. I see if I can find it. But they explain it pretty well. 😁

You sir were lucky on both accidents. 

18 hours ago, Unventor said:

@Rehab1 here goes, remember I didn't write this@Smoother you might be surprised with this too.

Great word Pyt!  Much shorter and calmer than ‘who cares’ or ‘get over it’. What is this PYT button saying in English? 

Edited by Rehab1

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Great word Pyt!  Much shorter and calmer than ‘who cares’ or ‘get over it’. What is this PYT button saying in English? 

It circles in diffrent sentences. Like this...

Keep calm, pyt

Keep breating, pyt

Hi guys, pyt.

Pyt, never mind.

A using it a bit like from the movie, go to 2:05

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You sir were lucky on both accidents. 

Well I think I were lucky the first on happen. That made appreciate I don't need to ride at 50kmh. Less is high enough risk for me. 

Now the second accident is still fresh and I am not free of the hurt yet. My shoulder is beginning to act up. Hopefully this is only temporary.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well I think I were lucky the first on happen. That made appreciate I don't need to ride at 50kmh. Less is high enough risk for me. 

Now the second accident is still fresh and I am not free of the hurt yet. My shoulder is beginning to act up. Hopefully this is only temporary.

Don't worry about the shoulder... Consider it a way to know that it will rain tomorrow!

Focus on the 50kmh... Doing that (geared up) is absolutely fantastic on the 18L/XL!   ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

Sorry that your shoulder is still causing issues. I was amazed you felt fairly comfortable after surgery. It takes a tremendous amount of force to dislocate a shoulder. Your entire rotator cuff complex was stretched beyond capacity on the first blow and then stretched again to reseat the humeral head. When do you see ortho again?

When I say ‘lucky’ I don’t mean it in the pure sense of the term.  Both your first and second accident were terrible. Mine was bad as well but I still consider myself lucky. Things could have been much worse.

In my career I have treated so many patients that have complete loss of function resulting from an accident. My best friend was simply leaning on a railing one day and it gave way. He suffer a traumatic spinal cord injury at C6/7 and is now a quadriplegic. So when I leave work every day I count my blessings and consider myself lucky. 

Hang in there and I hope your shoulder improves!:cheers:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Smoother said:

@Rehab1 do you have a weak bladder? It's 4:30am!

Actually it’s 5:30 and yes Mother Nature did call but I’m generally up at this time everyday. Well I’m off to work out. Take care.:)

@Rehab1 I don't really have any appointment set up.

It is left to my decission if I keep having issues or pains. 

I normally sleep on my side, this night I were so tired so I apparently didn't wake up do this morning the shoulder hurts a bit.

I feel tired but I also know if I just go home it is not making shoulder better. So I hope I can ride a bit this afternoon. We shall see.

Hear hear from a fellow sufferer. I haven't read about your particular accident, but I got a collar bone fracture last summer from a fall. Self-diagnosed as I didn't bother to go forward after they finished up sewing my knee (that's enough hospital I thought), and the diagnosis was easy enough any way. It's good enough now, but it's still very noticeable whenever I try to perform any movement requiring the arm to be high up. I expect that it will accompany me in the future. Still, price of admission, right? :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

When I say ‘lucky’ I don’t mean it in the pure sense of the term.  Both your first and second accident were terrible. Mine was bad as well but I still consider myself lucky. Things could have been much worse.

The higher the speed during the crash, the more energy that must be dispelled one way or another.

I'm astonished at the number of drivers and riders of cars and motorcycles that will vomit nonsense about low speed limits. Keep the speeds down.

Here is a "it could be worse" outcome from crash.

24 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

The higher the speed during the crash, the more energy that must be dispelled one way or another.

I'm astonished at the number of drivers and riders of cars and motorcycles that will vomit nonsense about low speed limits. Keep the speeds down.

Here is a "it could be worse" outcome from crash.

Well I can't say for sure at what speed I crashed. My best extimate is between 20-30kmh. We were not going fast. It was a bit slower than what I ride at that spot when there are noone else. I tried to break then steer, but I am not sure how I hit the curb. 

To explain this I need to record a video of options. Best estimate is pedal touched and caused wheel to twist catapulting me forward in a right twist, that I followed up in attempting to partly tumble out energy and to disperse impact to 3DO pad zones in the process.

In that sense I succeed big time. Impact hitzones: 

1st shoulder pad,

2nd elbow pad,

3rd was either wristguards or hip pad,

4th either wristguard or hip pad,

5th knee pad and smartphone in leg pocket,

6th sliding on backpack.

7th helmet might lightly touch curb but it left no marking att all or scratches.

The only real hard impact was 1st and 2rd zone. None of the zones left me with any markings or bruising. Which to me it seems very odd considering the force I hit my shoulder.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 11:26 PM, PogArt Artur said:

Thanks for that info!

I wasn't sure what's 3DO stands for...

Honesty I'm very confused what to wear for the legs protection.

So many choices/options...

At some point I were thinking of standard jeans for example, and knees hard shell external protectors velcro striped...

But I don't like it to be as obvious...

So I'd prefer some CE pads inserted already into the trousers (as yours).

Now I think the 3DO protection pads could be the best choice for my preference.

Thank you!

You've got good looking stuff on you!  

These are great for under jeans .. From amazon 

Diptic.jpg

Guest PogArt Artur
20 minutes ago, stephen said:

These are great for under jeans .. From amazon 

Diptic.jpg

I'm keep thinking what to wear...

I'm considering those pants for long time, but I haven't make my decision yet...

10 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

I'm keep thinking what to wear...

I'm considering those pants for long time, but I haven't make my decision yet...

Well I  ordered my new MC jacket and MC trousers. The trousers has knee pads and can be upgraded with hip pads too. I am getting 3DO pads for hips.