Crash history of Unventor

I hope so I were fully geared up. My poc dh jacket has 3DO pad that I hit right on. But we shall see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ohh btw the wheel is ok. It only got minor personality trademarks on the handle, a bit more on the pedal...

20190329_190030.thumb.jpg.b2309359584fdf404f66f32dc06d28cf.jpg

And my EUC bodyguard took a beating too. Sorry @The Fat Unicyclist 🙄

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hope you will be back on the wheel soon.  Even though you got hurt , I bet that armour jacket made the damage less critical. And I was half a meter from driving into you when you fell so maybe the three second rule should be applicable even on a wheel while driving in a line :)

Edited by Yffisch
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear about your crash! Shoulders are the worst! No matter how much protection as soon as you land in a bad angle BAM... goodbye shoulder.
Hope it's an easy fix. The bodyguard did it's job. The wheel is fine. Our bodies will heal and we will continue to learn.

So now looking back... what would you have done differently. Stopped?

Edited by Mike Sacristan
spelling
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Unventor said:

The axel seems to have dislocated but otherwise undamaged. Even 6 people pulling and drawing at it at these time didn't help.

So now I am going into theatre for operation.

Sounds like an easy fix then! You'll be up and running in no time. :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Sounds like an easy fix then! You'll be up and running in no time. :thumbup:

I just got up from final x-ray check. Waiting for a debrief fr a doctor. 

All feels fine now. I doubt it will even show a bruise. It seems I will have to javr a support harness for a few days.

I am glad I were fully geared up otherwise I word have completed with @Rehab1 and could fit most nails in a shoulder. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

20190329_221157.thumb.jpg.606f855c69eee211bec09237c7204a1b.jpg

The axel seems to have dislocated but otherwise undamaged. Even 6 people pulling and drawing at it at these time didn't help.

So now I am going into theatre for operation.

38 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I just got up from final x-ray check. Waiting for a debrief fr a doctor. 

All feels fine now. I doubt it will even show a bruise. It seems I will have to javr a support harness for a few days.

I am glad I were fully geared up otherwise I word have completed with @Rehab1 and could fit most nails in a shoulder. 

You dislocated it good. Sounds like the closed reduction was a success. Did you have a nice sleep? Your gear seemed to have worked. No screws or plates. Congrats!:thumbup:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

Hey mate, glad you're okay! Just goes to show, you never know what'll happen when out on a ride. Especially with people being so unpredictable. 

Its hard to imagine the position you fell in in my head. Like the twist and so on. But it sounds painful. Glad its an easy fix though!! Happy you had that jacket on too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I am now out of hospital again. Shoulder is a bit sure but should be fine. I went back to the incident site and took a few pictures.

Ohh btw the nurse helping on with my gear asked how I planed to go home? By my EUC of course. It is only 800ish meters from hospital.

So once again I rode in the hospital corridors, requested nlby the nurse as she wanted to see how you ride. 4 other nurses stoped working watching jawdroped. 

Admitted i am a little unstable due to I really can't lift my shoulder much so it influence my balance a little.

Pictures incomming tomorrow. But today I loved myvpd-2-0-spine-jacket-front.jpg.3f5c170cd4520c2b8db8137741793333.jpg

Is the armour ok?

Great to hear it all went well! Any cuts from the armour biting into you?
Do you do any exercise? Yoga? Weightlifting? It would be interesting to know if shoulder strength would help to reduce damage from such a fall. Or are we just doomed?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unventor said:

Ohh btw the nurse helping on with my gear asked how I planed to go home? By my EUC of course. It is only 800ish meters from hospital.

Glad things worked out. :cheers: With all of the manipulation to re-establish the humeral head back into the socket you will most likely be sore today.

How in the world did you slip your injured arm through the jacket’s sleeve? Wow you are lucky! I remember my wife dressing me for 2 months post-op.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Is the armour ok?

Great to hear it all went well! Any cuts from the armour biting into you?
Do you do any exercise? Yoga? Weightlifting? It would be interesting to know if shoulder strength would help to reduce damage from such a fall. Or are we just doomed?

I don't have "time" to do any exercise beside tiding my EUC.

It was due to my medical diagnoses I started to ride. Yo have a fun way to rebuild my balamce and muscle strength in my knees and back. It has worked beyond expatation so far. It used to do tons of sports in my teens...that is like 40-30 years ago.

As for the atmor it is 3DO paddings close to the body and I had a MC jacket ontop.

I hit hard right on my shoulder pad. The on the elbow pad and the my wrist with demon flexmeter for finally my hip with 3DO pads in my mc pull over trousers.

I am unsude if my helmet touch ground, but the visorush have.

As for the accident my right pedel cought the curb, just. And it might even only a sctape underneath. I cant really see maybe @Yffisch or @Jens Ronnedal can fill in that gab.

I am unsure of the speed but I  think I hit the curb at 20-30kmh. When I hit or touch the cirb I only managed to this 3 things, do not faceplant anfd dont fall into the slaters path and yry to hit with my paded areas if possibly. So I  twisted right as the way ee steer at it was enough  to achive my 3 thoughts.20190330_032546.thumb.jpg.1e97fbd7f8319656c12059a29fccd939.jpg20190330_032608.thumb.jpg.03156aa6fc23427ab0f24837ed1107d7.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Glad things worked out. :cheers: With all of the manipulation to re-establish the humeral head back into the socket you will most likely be sore today.

How in the world did you slip your injured arm through the jacket’s sleeve? Wow you are lucky! I remember my wife dressing me for 2 months post-op.

Yep I can barly lift my arm but I can bend it a bit. So i can confirm soreness is a companion today and most likely thr next few days.

I have 2 words (and hen some) to last question: Danish vikings :cheers:

I think the medication had worn off due to the fact the nurse let me ride into traffic.

Today I can only see minor brusing from the towel they used to pull my are out and updards into it normal possition.

• Like 1

Nicely seated. No signs of arthritis. Your good to go.  Ice your shoulder for the next week. Your rotator cuff will appreciate it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The shoulder joint can do that?:eff05cf9bc::efee96588e::efeff54d4a: Looks like you were still lucky and in a few days you're good as new. All the best!

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Nicely seated. No signs of arthritis. Your good to go.  Ice your shoulder for the next week. Your rotator cuff will appreciate it. 

Nothing better than having a resident medical professional on this forum!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The odd part here is the shoulder is not swollen at all nor does is have any signs of brusing. I can pike it in many places, no pain at all untill I try to lift the arm. 🙄 

So right now I am using "training for Napoleon" tool...it is actually a smart design an I got to keep it for free...disregarding the pain.

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 1

Ice hockey's big in Sweden. Go get yourself one of these

14541_1.jpg

...for the next time. And the added bonus is it will help to body slam the next skateboarder who selfishly slaloms when others are trying to pass.  Why should they skate by uninjured for the crash they helped create?

Curious, why the aversion to a good old fashioned face plant? You've got enough protection to come through unscathed.  Twisting to the side concentrated all the force into the fastest moving part; your shoulder, as it reverse pendulumed into the ground. A face plant allows you to spread the force all across the front of your body (reference @Scatcat s masterpiece "anatomy of a face plant" stick figure drawing)

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3