Crash history of Unventor

Guest PogArt Artur
4 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well I  ordered my new MC jacket and MC trousers. The trousers has knee pads and can be upgraded with hip pads too. I am getting 3DO pads for hips.

That's great!

I think you've chosen quality stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

So today I started a rehab traning program at our local hospital due my rheumatic medical diagnoses. But the great part is they agreed to help out with my shoulder injury from my crash accident. 3 day program every week the next 3 weeks.

Did my first training today. Totally knackered in my top back and neck and shoulders. New day again tomorrow 🙄

But I hope this gets me more fit for riding when KS16X is ready. So I have been working on legs and knees too today.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
1 minute ago, Unventor said:

So today I started a rehab traning program at our local hospital due my rheumatic medical diagnoses. But the great part is they agreed to help out with my shoulder injury from my crash accident. 3 day program every week the next 3 weeks.

Did my first training today. Totally knackered in my top back and neck and shoulders. New day again tomorrow 🙄

But I hope this gets me more fit for riding when KS16X is ready. So I have been working on legs and knees too today.

Well done you !

:)

Just now, PogArt Artur said:

Well done you !

:)

Thank you. 🙂

36 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Hope everything's healing quick  mate ,,, oooh the 16x Mmmm nice choice

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So today I started a rehab traning program at our local hospital due my rheumatic medical diagnoses.

Sorry I missed this. Not sure if HIPAA monitors this forum.  Curious. Were you diagnosed with RA? Are all of your joints affected? 

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Sorry I missed this. Not sure if HIPAA monitors this forum.  Curious. Were you diagnosed with RA? Are all of your joints affected? 

I am affected mainly in feets, knees especially the right one,  hip lower back, amd it seems my nech and shoulders too.

It comes and goes but I get stiff in my joints if I sit still too long. It can pop up in any joint when I get a flue or cold. 

It is the reason why I picked up riding EUC. Despite my 2 accidents it has worked out pretty good for me. It is a lifechanging experience to learn to ride EUC, nothing short of it.

Btw seeing those pictures of you today @Rehab1 I would never have seen these if I didn't join this forum. I laughed so hard. Pure joy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am affected mainly in feets, knees especially the right one,  hip lower back, amd it seems my nech and shoulders too.

It comes and goes but I get stiff in my joints if I sit still too long. It can pop up in any joint when I get a flue or cold. 

Bummer buddy! You can’t place a monetary figure on good health. So glad your taking care of yourself and going to therapy. :thumbup:

It is the reason why I picked up riding EUC. Despite my 2 accidents it has worked out pretty good for me. It is a lifechanging experience to learn to ride EUC, nothing short of it.

I love your positive outlook. 

Btw seeing those pictures of you today @Rehab1 I would never have seen these if I didn't join this forum. I laughed so hard. Pure joy.

I’m glad you were entertained. Actually by me posting stupid stuff I’m trying to shame @Marty Backe into riding around in just his underwear and cape. :P

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Bummer buddy! You can’t place a monetary figure on good health. So glad your taking care of yourself and going to therapy. :thumbup:

I’m glad you were entertained. Actually by me posting stupid stuff I’m trying to shame @Marty Backe into riding around in just his underwear and cape. :P

My memory is coming back now, unfortunately.  Aren't those stills from a video (pony video)?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Well I decided that sotting on the sofa after comming home from work by car really wasn't improving my situation at all.

But really I  lift the helmet in salute. You bring a hole neweaning to riding an EUC, master @Rehab1 :thumbup::clap3:

46872671525_e03ca8fea4_b.jpg

So fantactic awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

20190510_155554.thumb.jpg.ecbcdc10a1270e1999638fc40f13a54f.jpg

Post above list the verdict after a ultra sound scan today. 

All I can suggest and urge people is to think twice about what speed they ride and take precaution accordingly. 

Had I not had my protective jacket on, my shoulder would not have had a chance to recover this fast nor back to near or full function. 

I plan to ride a lot more, but I also keep calculating what risk I am prepared to take. 

Note: I don't want to end up as 👀 @Hunka Hunka Burning Love mk II, quitting EUC adventures.😉

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 1:41 PM, Unventor said:

my pedals hit the curbs hard and I go down

I consider myself an experienced rider, and I rarely fall. But regardless of how experienced and skillful we are, falls will happen. Last year as I rode slowly through a crowd of people, suddenly a few people changed direction and blocked my path. I had to turn sharply, and my pedal scraped the ground. Down I fell on the concrete, in front of a large number of people! Fortunately I was not hurt much, probably because my speed was low.

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
48 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

I consider myself an experienced rider, and I rarely fall. But regardless of how experienced and skillful we are, falls will happen. Last year as I rode slowly through a crowd of people, suddenly a few people changed direction and blocked my path. I had to turn sharply, and my pedal scraped the ground. Down I fell on the concrete, in front of a large number of people! Fortunately I was not hurt much, probably because my speed was low.

You've reminded my case, lol...

I were passing car wash at my left, and one lad was dealing with the car parked at the very edge of their pavement, and I was observing him on the go, as there was enough gap to fit between the opened car's door, and the edge of the street's kerb...

The guy was getting in the car, he had grabbed the door from inside and pulled to close it...

And that was the case !

I aimed to pass through that wider gap, and suddenly he loosen his grip and did let the door to bounce back to full open!

Well :)

I ended up hanging on that door, and looking into his widely opened eyes :)

He said after few seconds - are you alright?!

Yeah - I'm fine :)

I were goin slow, carefully watching surroundings, probably my caution saved me crash :)

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:crying:  I still miss it.  I had a dream a while back about riding my wheel and the good times I had.  I just can’t afford to have a more serious injury considering my profession.  Arm is 99.9% better after 9 months, but it still hurts to sleep on my left side.  Annoying!  :furious:

You guys be careful out there!

Well all I can say, if I fall I get back up. As I did with my shoulder dislocated. Maybe not the smartest thing to do in the hindsight. But at the time I have very little pain and I knew it takes ages at E&A in Sweden in general. 

So I ride better protected overall. My pads are not as tight fit, but I now have a better MC suit for all weather. 

I don't ride as fast in general any more, I were never a speed junkie but I am more cautious. Like you can see on this ride:

https://euc.world/tour/575381828988040

I had a blast of a ride. I did however hit a double bump as I passed the round office in the pictures. I totally overlooked the elevation change as I passed under a bridge. 

But since I only were at 25-30kmh, instead of 40ish kmh before my shoulder accident, I were able dampen the bumps enough and maybe due to better ride style too. 

So @Hunka Hunka Burning Love my point is I rather live a little than stay alive but not live at all. I guess it is my reumatolic and psoriasis diagnosis that I don't know how much I can do in 10 years from now. 

I am glad you popped by, but sad that you stopped EUCing. 😔

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

9 months is a long time without riding! Do you have a link to a thread, perhaps, describing this accident?

He was crossing from the street to the sidewalk at speed and at an angle on his relatively new to him, Tesla. A placed he crossed regularly without incident. The rise was small 1" maybe, but the wheel wobbled and down he went (straight armed it i think ,was the reason the force went to his shoulder.) 

Actually, thinking about it.  We talk about places we ride that are familiar to us, and therefore safe from most unknowns, but if you switch up to a faster wheel and ride it at those higher speeds, places like this small rise from pavement to sidewalk are now different, not familiar, as you have added the new aspect of high speed.  So whilst most familiar terrain will retain its status, transitions and other speed dependent places are now, suddenly new again, and require re-evaluation at this previously un-obtained speed,  after all, almost anything can be ridden slowly, at speed, not so much.

Edited by Smoother

7 hours ago, Smoother said:

The rise was small 1" maybe

I don't think 1 inch hit at speed is small, because the tire compresses the entire inch then bounces with lots of energy. The EUC needs a lot of skill for soft bent knees, yet must have enough stiffness to slow down the wheel so it doesn't go to far in the air.

And knees aren't the whole equation; you look at most sport, even mountain biking, and the calf muscles take of the majority of those small bumps (the heel tendons are the biggest in the human body), and so I wonder if it should be the calves and not always the knees taking most of the hits.

I can respect anyone who crashes over these small bumps, because I've done so, and staying on these wheels, even with practice and training, is difficult. It's very difficult and requires intense concentration.

I guess this devolves into another argument for 1-2 inches of suspension. You have two inches of suspension and add the one inch of the pneumatic tire, plus the one inch of human knee slop, and that's four inches of suspension! 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess I must learn to open my eyes at some point. 

This morning I succeeded to miss an escoother that was "parked" partly on bike lane partly on an embankment. Since I am about to left turn into a roundabout I were making room for the turn and waiting for traffic to clear so I rode around 10kmh at that point, then my pedal hit something and I did a superman slide. Minor impact to knee as my knees pad was out of position to cushion the impact. 

I need to get my MC suit to the tailor to get a pad pocket a bit higher and strong hanging strap too. 

I was up riding again in 30sec maybe 1min. No major incident today.  Phew... 

Edited by Unventor

Guest PogArt Artur
26 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well I guess I must learn to open my eyes at some point. 

This morning I succeeded to miss an escoother that was "parked" partly on bike lane partly on an embankment. Since I am about to left turn into a roundabout I were making room for the turn and waiting for traffic to clear so I rode around 10kmh at that point, then my pwdeal hit something and I did a superman slide. Minor impact to knee as my knees pad was out of position to cushion the impact. 

I need to get my MC suit to the tailor to get a pad pocket a bit higher and strong hanging strap too. 

I was up riding again in 30sec maybe 1min. No major incident today.  Phew... 

Those "nearly miss" moments or "Superman slides" are raising the heart bit rate for sure, but this is something we have to be aware of.

There's no way to keep more in focus dear friend or such...

I belief shit happens no matter what we do :)

Formula 1's professional riders are crashing, they very well trained.

The pilots are crashing, no matter how many years they were flying.

We're riding electric devices, if we won't the crash at some point, then the device might do :)

I think we need to accept the risk, no way around it :)

I'm so happy it was "soft" crash @Unventor and I wish you it won't happen again :)

5 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

Those "nearly miss" moments or "Superman slides" are raising the heart bit rate for sure, but this is something we have to be aware of.

There's no way to keep more in focus dear friend or such...

I belief shit happens no matter what we do :)

Formula 1's professional riders are crashing, they very well trained.

The pilots are crashing, no matter how many years they were flying.

We're riding electric devices, if we won't the crash at some point, then the device might do :)

I think we need to accept the risk, no way around it :)

I'm so happy it was "soft" crash @Unventor and I wish you it won't happen again :)

Well that is why I gear up... Just in case... 

I am not as immortal as when I were 22...

My friend and I went for a ride the other day. Both on our MSX:es. He was riding to the left and behind me. The bike lane / walking path was clear. A man steps out from a small pathway between two bushes and starts to cut diagonally through the bike lane / walking path. I didn't have time to use my bell and didn't have my music on. He was totally oblivious so I had to swerve left. I bumped into my friend, pedal to pedal. He lost balance and grabbed my arm... and for a moment there we became a hoverboard and regained balance. Lessons were learned. 

Edited by Mike Sacristan
typo
  • Upvote 2

No one ever is expecting a one wheeled thingy to come out of nowhere ,, always be aware of any openings in bushes, bike track ,canal path or traffic coming out if on the road , and always look in front of you for obstruction or pot holes, bumps etc,, glad you wasn't hurt 

Take care guys

• Like 1