King Song KS18A 1360WH Battery query?

Thyme

King_Song_KS18A_big_batterry.thumb.png.1

520WH imported LG batteries 64 16S 4P 2200 毫安

680WH Panasonic batteries imported 64 16S 4P 2900 毫安

1360WH imported Panasonic batteries 节 128 16S 8P 2900 毫安

Link to source - http://www.chinaglobalmall.com/products/521272875889

I was having a look round on the web and found this advert for a King Song KS18A with a whopping big battery!

The only thing is I don't know whether to believe it or if I have my wires crossed.

The advert shows that the KS18A can be purchased with a 1360WH battery, which would be awesome as it seems quite a number of  EUC riders would like to have  larger capacity batteries and if the ad is true then I'm guessing this is the largest battery yet for a EUC.

I double checked the spec sheet  that @esaj posted and it did not show the  bigger battery, I have added the KS18A specs from the forum below.

King_Song_KS18A_Spec_Sheet.thumb.png.8f2

Any help with this would be great :) thanks in advance.

I read whistl went bankrupt, in fact if you do a search in forum, you should find a discussion already...

Thanks :) that was accidentally posted . I have now edited the post which was actually meant to be the king song post, by some mistake the whistl popped up!

If that's true, it's a real monster. Probably counted with rounded number, as 170Wh * 8 = 1360Wh would be exact match... No need to fear running out of battery with that one :P Does the 18" KS-shell have room for 8 packs? The specs look otherwise fishy (Kim Cong? Weight 0.42kg? Charging time 1-2 hours?)...

Maybe it's just a translation confusion and mix up between motor power W and battery capacity Wh as I keep hearing rumours of an uprated KS 18" with a 1300W motor.

True that, on the other hand it does say:

1360WH imported Panasonic batteries 节 128 16S 8P 2900 毫安

128 cells, 16S8P, 2900mAh cells = 174Wh per pack, rounded to 170Wh per pack * 8 packs = 1360Wh, so at least all those numbers add up. As long as the shell can fit that many packs, it's entirely possible...

Edit: Now, fill it up with 3500mAh cells for 210Wh per pack, 1680Wh... :D

I was actually really close to ordering the KS 18" a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad I didn't! Because I'd want *this* version :D

Originally, I was ruling out the high profile, taller 18 inch because I figured it would be a PITA to move around. But then I realized that the height of the 18's carry handle would make it function more like a trolley handle... I wouldn't actually have to be lifting the wheel a whole lot, just rolling it.  Thinking of it that way, it's way less cumbersome than it originally seemed.

In the end I pulled the trigger on the 14" and hope to have it by next week... But who knows, I may eventually get the 18". Just seems like there are NO reviews on it anywhere. Even KS's own post here about their 18" team riders' long range trek kind of just fizzled out. :wacko:

I have a theory. When i spoke to a gotway distributor a few weeks ago, i was shown a picture of a bunch of chinese people riding msupers which had what looked like a another piece on top of the unit, and they seemed to be able to sit of it while riding. When i asked about it , i was told that its a custom battery ( 2000wh if i remember correct,y, but i coukd be wrong) that is not for sale as its cannot be shipped, but they are using it for long trips ( i forgot from where to where). Perhaps something similar was customized for kingsong for their use and maybe they are selling off these several prototypes?

There will always be a wheel that you wish you had waited for 2 or 3 months down the line. It's a fast evolving technology.

Yep. In my case, it was about 2 weeks (bought the NBE+ and the NBP was up for pre-order almost immediately after. No complaints though) At least with technology items like smartphones and CPUs / GPUs etc. you can somewhat time the release schedule with purchasing -- which is about once a year. It's very different with EUCs as they are upgraded much more dynamically which makes it great for those who don't want to wait long between improvements. Especially with companies like King Song, who Jason has said are very open to listening and implementing suggestions -- one of the reasons I chose to go with one. 

Thanks to these boards, I had actually heard about a larger capacity KS 18 and held off but still waiting for reviews before I decide to finally pull the trigger on one.

But then there's the shortly to be released 16" KS. That might be better than the new 18"! Just face it you can't possibly win, no matter how long you wait for the next best thing there will always be another one just around the corner. :)

But then there's the shortly to be released 16" KS. That might be better than the new 18"! Just face it you can't possibly win, no matter how long you wait for the next best thing there will always be another one just around the corner. :)

:). I see the all wheels you own and I think "I'm happy with mine, I don't need more than one or two" But I haven't even received my KS 800 and I'm already eyeing the 18". Part of me wishes I never found this forum -- because I know I'm in trouble!

Any news on this monster?

You and me both my friend. Sadly, I haven't been able to find any reviews on even the original KS 18...

• 3 weeks later...

One of my friends bought this Special 1360Wh KS, it's big and heavy. It's available in China for sometimes now and I don't see any reason why they don't sell it overseas.
The first photo below is the scene from the hill-top of an island.
The battery in this special version is a pack specially shaped to fit in the case, therefore there is no other options such as 680Wh or 850Wh. The one with 520Wh or other capacity is not special version(less motor power etc). This special version is also the wheels used for the revisit of the Long March

• 5 weeks later...

Spending more to get more battery.  I don't care to spend big money with people I don't know.  There is an old saying about "the devil you know".  We have someone on this forum from China, he works thru Aliexpress?   I would be more comfortable buying from him than a unknown Chinese web site.

Archived