Greater Los Angeles Area

Klin

On 8/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, Klin said:

I'm about 45 minutes away from Irvine. Any good riding trails around there?

Hi Klin,

There are quite a few bike trails in the area. I haven't taken my EUC on any dirt trails yet. Let me know when you are up for doing a ride sometime.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:44 PM, Stan Onymous said:

Hey now Klin. I ride all over Los Angeles. Infact I am at Nick's Cafe just above Chinatown. I came down the LA river from Atwater village and will go by Dodger stadium and end up off of Sunset Blvd in Echo Park Silverlake.

Where do you do your riding?

Usually around my area, I live near the foothills where the San Gabriel Mountains are so I tend to ride those mountain roads and trails alot.

4 hours ago, Chairman S said:

Hi Klin,

There are quite a few bike trails in the area. I haven't taken my EUC on any dirt trails yet. Let me know when you are up for doing a ride sometime.

I have a Tesla right now and I have taken it on several dirt trails with many rocks and it does handle okay. I'm waiting for my z10 to come in before I tackle the harder dirt trails. I'm always down for a ride, I usually ride everyday after work and on the weekends as well.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, Mike Petrogeorge said:

Is this forum still alive? No posts since 8/18, I live in San Diego, but I was hoping to hook up with a EUC LA group ride someday? Is there is such a thing as an LA EUC group?

You're in luck, you could sign up for all 7 days of 8 different adventures from Mountains Trails, River Trails and sight seeing rides at Beaches starting this October 19th.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mike Petrogeorge said:

Is this forum still alive? No posts since 8/18, I live in San Diego, but I was hoping to hook up with a EUC LA group ride someday? Is there is such a thing as an LA EUC group?

This Thread may be dead, but the Forum sub-group (Local Group Meet-ups) is very much alive. Southern California group rides are posted almost every week.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
24 minutes ago, Poppa Wheelie said:

Hi - I'm new here. I'm looking for a way to try an EUC near Pasadena, CA. Looking for an enthusiast to convert me, really. Thanks for any help!

You could join my Telegram group and maybe someone would help you.

• 1 month later...

My 1st Post! I'm riding (back side) Griffith Park all the time if anyone want to ride here. There's a fun adventure that I do starting at about 11 pm  and riding about 10 miles in the dark around the mountain, past the Golf Courses. Starts at Betty Davis Park. Nice to be in the dark, have the road to yourself and no cars. Haven't ridden in a group yet. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nicksline said:

My 1st Post! I'm riding (back side) Griffith Park all the time if anyone want to ride here. There's a fun adventure that I do starting at about 11 pm  and riding about 10 miles in the dark around the mountain, past the Golf Courses. Starts at Betty Davis Park. Nice to be in the dark, have the road to yourself and no cars. Haven't ridden in a group yet. 

Cheers!

Many of us have been riding Griffith Park for years. One of my favorite spots (mostly the trails).

• 1 month later...

Anyone in the Downtown LA area?

I'm only about 2 months into this, and breaking into the "intermediate" realm recently, but not quite sure if I'm skilled and ready enough to be navigating Downtown and pedestrians, cars, potholes etc -- looking for experienced riders to guide me i guess.

As we all know when learning, speed is one thing, but it's a whole different game learning how to ride slow and controlled hahaha, so just looking for some riders possibly...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mploy,

If you want to hop the LA River Bike Path and take a short jaunt into Glendale, there are a lot of challenging but fun rides here and in Burbank. What's your stamina like? After this years LA EUC Tour, doing over 60 miles in a day is incredibly challenging so I'm sticking to about 30 miles a day. These are shorter but satisfying rides and some go into Griffith Park too. This is from Day 7 of the last tour....

Cheers,

Nick

• Like 2

On 8/25/2020 at 8:44 PM, Marty Backe said:

Many of us have been riding Griffith Park for years. One of my favorite spots (mostly the trails).

Marty, I tried to private message you on YT, but I can't see the message button on your YT, also I'm new here, so I have 0 messages a day. Pm me so we can link up on Telegram, thanks! @Marty Backe

• Like 3

On 11/6/2020 at 10:56 AM, Nicksline said:

Hey mploy,

If you want to hop the LA River Bike Path and take a short jaunt into Glendale, there are a lot of challenging but fun rides here and in Burbank. What's your stamina like? After this years LA EUC Tour, doing over 60 miles in a day is incredibly challenging so I'm sticking to about 30 miles a day. These are shorter but satisfying rides and some go into Griffith Park too. This is from Day 7 of the last tour....

Cheers,

Nick

I've just been starting out to test my stamina with longer runs, and I think it's pretty decent / normal? I don't do 30 miles a day, just hard for me in particular to find the time for that, but recently did a couple "longer" runs that were about 30-35 miles I noticed; I think I did those each in a couple hours total?

I've gotta check out Griffith Park apparently!

My only qualms so far, is going off-road or on questionable terrain; I've yet to confidently ride on grass or bumpy dirt / gravel roads etc, would that be the terrain in Griffith?

I'm planning to venture out and start to gain confidence on more off-road, but as of now, mainly on just paved roads / trails.

Thanks for the info!

Hey mploy,

There's an AMAZING ride that I do along the Chandler Blvd Bike path (32 mile loop). Takes me from my place in Glendale to Lake Balboa and beyond but I stop at the Lake to grab lunch and a beer. Then afterwards I hit up Griffith for Sunset. You'll have to come check it out. It's amazing! It's all paved roads and trails, you're welcome to join if you like.

I don't really do too much off road in Griffith cause it's illegal, only on occasion. You see, I ride horses there too and they really frown upon vehicles on the horse trails so I'll do it late at night.

Cheers,

Nick

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nicksline said:

Hey mploy,

There's an AMAZING ride that I do along the Chandler Blvd Bike path (32 mile loop). Takes me from my place in Glendale to Lake Balboa and beyond but I stop at the Lake to grab lunch and a beer. Then afterwards I hit up Griffith for Sunset. You'll have to come check it out. It's amazing! It's all paved roads and trails, you're welcome to join if you like.

I don't really do too much off road in Griffith cause it's illegal, only on occasion. You see, I ride horses there too and they really frown upon vehicles on the horse trails so I'll do it late at night.

Cheers,

Nick

What wheel do you use for that?