Lukasz

Ninebot Z10 - power supply Charge Doctor mod

On 11/27/2018 at 12:03 PM, Kva said:

I am trying to avoid the doctors as long as I can :)

I made one charger 2x original. This is the silent one if I want to sleep.

Another one I just bought some random charger from alliexpress. it is 58.8V 5A with fan. It measured about 58.6V no load. Fan is actually not that bad, quite silent.

Both solutions are working fine.

IMG_9576.jpg

IMG_9577.jpg

How long have you been using the two charger with sliced wires setup?

• Upvote 1

I use for couple of months. However, I had maybe 5 charges only as it is winter outside. No issues so far.

@Kva did the two chargers in parallel charge your Ninebot Z faster? If so, how much faster?

They are charging  noticeably  faster, however I cannot provide any precised measures. All my charging was from 60-70% capacity. It is difficult to do long rides in winter so that I could end up with ~20% of capacity. I will have more figures in the spring.

On 8/7/2018 at 6:05 PM, eiji said:

I'm use 3.8A charger also work

IMG_20180803_215725~01.jpg

Where did you buy that charger?

• Upvote 1

So anybody with multiple Z10 chargers have you got one for sale i need one before my battery drops to low i cant wait for a replacement from china and cant find one anywhere ...i could even sell you it back when im sorted,😊😀 I'm in the Uk

On 1/10/2019 at 2:57 AM, Lukasz said:

Hello All, I am in a hurry, so just the short info - I have received new switchable 2.6/5.2A fast ultra light charger (only 0.54 kg with cables) This unit has the option to be modified into 3/6 A currents, but I will wait with that. First look below. Test - ongoing.

Image4340013883277931042.thumb.jpg.82bb8e3c5a9ac4e57d9a5dda845de820.jpg

@Lukasz Is that the one I've ordered cause it says 2.6amp5.2amp on your picture  and the one ordered for me is 3amp-6amp?.. Just making sure it's right thanks

@stephen  Final version of this charger is 2.9/6A - the one You are ordering - I was testing current limits gradually with constructor of the power supply, so that is why initial version was 5.2A  We have also modified voltage threshold for high current charge etc.. (internal stuff  not needed here) 

1 minute ago, Lukasz said:

@stephen  Final version of this charger is 2.9/6A - the one You are ordering - I was testing current limits gradually with constructor of the power supply, so that is why initial version was 5.2A  We have also modified voltage threshold for high current charge etc.. (internal stuff  not needed here) 

Thx lukasz ,wector said it be ready this week sometime thanks again, are you charging at 6amps 😊

@Lukasz I've also got a charge doctor i use for my msx if i put a 4pin connecter on the charger could i run it through the charger doctor and limit it to 58v?

59 minutes ago, stephen said:

if i put a 4pin connecter on the charger could i run it through the charger doctor and limit it to 58v?

Yes, You can - just make sure that You check in charge doctor which pins are connected as + and -   and when You cut the Z power supply cable - buy GX16 connector with 4 pins and make sure that polarity is correct when You solder the connector....   Just be careful not to mismatch the polarity! 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Yes, You can - just make sure that You check in charge doctor which pins are connected as + and -   and when You cut the Z power supply cable - buy GX16 connector with 4 pins and make sure that polarity is correct when You solder the connector....   Just be careful not to mismatch the polarity! 

did you get my email response luk?