WESTWHEEL ONE :: Las Vegas :: Aug. 10 - 12, 2018

who_the

? ANNOUNCING ?
:: Westwheel ONE ::

Join the Personal Electric Vehicle Riders Association (PEVRA) in welcoming electric unicycles, e-skateboards, Onewheels and more for a weekend of wheeling in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, August 10 - 12, 2018. Wheelers from across the west and around the world are invited to ride streets, trails and paths on routes selected in conjunction with Vegas native riders. Expected routes to include nighttime Las Vegas Strip and sunrise Red Rock Canyon rides. Limited ground transportation for wheels to and from Las Vegas available for San Francisco Bay Area riders. #WWONE #PEVRA #EUC #ESK8 #ONEWHEEL

Oh and this event is 100% FREE! (Except for getting to, and staying in, Las Vegas for the weekend.)

Facebook event for more info and RSVPhttps://www.facebook.com/events/1920932577976936/

(Tentative schedule, all events, times and locations subject to change)

Friday, August 10

7:30 p.m. Downtown/Arts District Ride — Children's Discovery Museum, 360 Promenade Place, Downtown Las Vegas

Tons of parking right across the street (850 W. Clark, $5).

Friday night's ride will be an excursion through Downtown Las Vegas, the Arts District, and other points of interest. Thanks LV locals Michael Espinosa and Mike Love for all of your assistance in helping PEVRA plan these routes and rides! Charging stops will be planned at 6-8 mile intervals. Ride will consist of at least two legs, looping back to our starting point. Riders with more range can continue ride afterward.

Saturday, August 11

6 a.m. Sunrise ride – Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area ($15/car admission charged by National Park Service)
8 p.m. Night ride – Downtown Las Vegas to Las Vegas Strip 

Sunday, August 12

10 a.m. Hoover Dam ride

:: WESTWHEEL ONE :: is the debut riding event organized by the Personal Electric Vehicle Riders Association (PEVRA). PEVRA is a membership organization launching in July 2018 to advocate on behalf of legality, safety, and infrastructure for all types of personal electric vehicles. PEVRA's goal is universal, 100% legal status for safe operation of personal electric vehicles in all countries, states, districts and municipalities. PEVRA will work to initiate, support, and follow through local efforts to adopt legal status for a growing range of personal electric vehicles.  More details on PEVRA membership, benefits and activities will be available in July at http://www.pevra.org and https://www.facebook.com/pevra.org/.

Jesse Garnier, Executive Director
Personal Electric Vehicle Riders Association (PEVRA)
jesse@pevra.org

westwheel-poster-pevra-2000.thumb.jpg.8bd07f95fd0f6f1462167edc7bf25184.jpg    pevra-100.png.ab20d38afb91fe23c61932c58b191933.png

I'm in :w00t2:

Now the difficult decision - which wheels to bring. I'm thinking the Mten3 for the Strip and the Monster for Hoover Dam. Maybe the MSuper X for Red Rock Canyon.

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Now the difficult decision - which wheels to bring. I'm thinking the Mten3 for the Strip and the Monster for Hoover Dam. Maybe the MSuper X for Red Rock Canyon.

More costume changes than Liberace on New Year's Eve! Oops sorry did I take things too far.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You got MSX already?? Just bring it and film it in L.V for us the unworthy.. :cry2:

1 hour ago, Kens said:

You got MSX already?? Just bring it and film it in L.V for us the unworthy.. :cry2:

No, but I will by August. I suspect @who_the may have his MSX there too.

2 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

Did someone say VEGAS?! Hey @Marty Backe are you willing to coordinate this event for us Southern Cali boys? Maybe we all can carpool and room together...

At this point I have no idea about the details, but there are possibilities. I assume you will be going then :thumbup:

51 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

No, but I will by August. I suspect @who_the may have his MSX there too.

I may... Let's say I think there's a very good chance all of the new 2018 wheels will be represented. ?

25 minutes ago, who_the said:

I may... Let's say I think there's a very good chance all of the new 2018 wheels will be represented. ?

I still have my doubts that the Z10's will be in our hands, but here's hoping :cheers:

Well being one of the newbies to this, I just might be able to make this one.  Let's hope I can gather the funds to get me there.  I have to put priority into buying the extra battery for my KS18S first though.  This is my only form of transportation that's mine.  I do use the local bus, train and commuter rail when necessary; always bringing my EUC on those, of course.

I've ridden red rock canyon, hoover dam, and the strip. All very fun rides. A couple of things though about this organized PEV get together:

• Where is the exact start point for Hoover Dam? Are you doing the entire paved History Railroad hiking trail plus Hoover Dam? Or is it starting at the Historic Railroad Hiking Trail trailhead at Lakeshore Rd and then riding to Hoover Dam? That entire path is dirt/gravel so I wonder if the eskate riders can do it. https://goo.gl/maps/HZuT2ht5t552
  • I and others have ridden on the Strip sidewalk many times before, however police will stop you if they catch you since they are strict about any PEV riding on the strip. Better to just ride on the actual road.
  • This would be great to have again during CES early next year. Hopefully you can get the PEV companies like Future Motion, Boosted, Segway, ect. involved. But this is a great start so far.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2018 at 9:56 AM, wheelr said:

So is there a host hotel? Where's everyone staying? 

We have no host hotel, some are staying at Airbnb/Homeaway rentals, others are looking at hotels. I might suggest an off-strip hotel for best rates. Palace Station (and related properties throughout the area) are good budget choices. Friday/Saturday room rates tend to float around $150/night. Bargains can also be had at off-strip motels.

On 6/28/2018 at 6:49 AM, Michael Vu said:

I've ridden red rock canyon, hoover dam, and the strip. All very fun rides. A couple of things though about this organized PEV get together:

• Where is the exact start point for Hoover Dam? Are you doing the entire paved History Railroad hiking trail plus Hoover Dam? Or is it starting at the Historic Railroad Hiking Trail trailhead at Lakeshore Rd and then riding to Hoover Dam? That entire path is dirt/gravel so I wonder if the eskate riders can do it. https://goo.gl/maps/HZuT2ht5t552
  • I and others have ridden on the Strip sidewalk many times before, however police will stop you if they catch you since they are strict about any PEV riding on the strip. Better to just ride on the actual road.
  • This would be great to have again during CES early next year. Hopefully you can get the PEV companies like Future Motion, Boosted, Segway, ect. involved. But this is a great start so far.

Thanks for the awesome inputs! We're planning the routes now, I will reach out to @Michael Vu and others for feedback. As a "Unity" ride for multiple types of wheels I would like our scheduled rides to be as inclusive as possible. We will probably have less-formal "breakout" rides with terrain and distance tailored to more specific wheel types. Our plans for the Saturday night Las Vegas Strip ride are to do it in a group as street traffic, not on the sidewalks, which indeed we understand are strictly enforced. CES is a great idea! Not sure on the timing, but essentially this ride is a "beta" ride to test the waters for an even larger and more formal ride in 2019!

ALSO: We will have access to a mailing address for anyone who wishes to ship their batteries (or anything else) down separately before the event. If you are interested in this option, PM me and I can provide the details, logistics and timing.

4 hours ago, who_the said:

Not sure on the timing, but essentially this ride is a "beta" ride to test the waters for an even larger and more formal ride in 2019!

2019 !!! Count me in... Just please provide as much notice as possible for those of us who have the longer "commute" (both to get good prices and for wheel shipping).

On 7/17/2018 at 1:02 PM, who_the said:

ALSO: We will have access to a mailing address for anyone who wishes to ship their batteries (or anything else) down separately before the event. If you are interested in this option, PM me and I can provide the details, logistics and timing.

We now have a CONFIRMED shipping address for anyone who wishes to send ahead their batteries or wheels. PM me for details.

Thanks to all who have expressed interest or said they will be joining us in Vegas next month! So far our partial lineup looks like this (scheduled to appear):

Tishawn Fawhie, NYC

Lock Productions, NYC

@Alien Rides, San Francisco

Sorcery Circus, SF Bay Area

@who_the, San Francisco

About a dozen more riders have signed up. Remember this is a free event (other than getting to and staying in Las Vegas, of course)!

2 hours ago, who_the said:

Thanks to all who have expressed interest or said they will be joining us in Vegas next month! So far our partial lineup looks like this (scheduled to appear):

About a dozen more riders have signed up. Remember this is a free event (other than getting to and staying in Las Vegas, of course)!

Unfortunately I'm not going to make this ride :efee565ab0:  I can only get away for one long weekend and I've decided I'd rather do some riding in San Francisco than the desert.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Unfortunately I'm not going to make this ride :efee565ab0:  I can only get away for one long weekend and I've decided I'd rather do some riding in San Francisco than the desert.

Sorry to hear, but glad to be able to host you up here!

Wheels scheduled to appear at Westwheel ONE:

• MSuperX 100v
  • Ninebot Z10
  • KingSong 18L
  • Inmotion Hovershoes X1
  • MSuperX 84v

... and whatever wheel YOU are bringing! See you next Friday, have some surprises and giveaways on tap too!

Bay Area riders who want us to drive your wheels down to Las Vegas will need to arrange drop-off to us by Wednesday night at the latest. We are in the Mission Dolores area of San Francisco, a few blocks from 16th Street BART. PM me for arrangements!

MEETUP details for Friday 8/10 Westwheel ONE group ride!

7:30 p.m.
Children's Discovery Museum
360 Promenade Place
Downtown Las Vegas

Tons of parking right across the street (850 W. Clark, $5).

Friday night's ride will be an excursion through Downtown Las Vegas, the Arts District, and other points of interest. Thanks LV locals Michael Espinosa and Mike Love for all of your assistance in helping PEVRA plan these routes and rides! Charging stops will be planned at 6-8 mile intervals. Any questions let us know. See you then!

Archived