THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

14 hours ago, Robse said:

SanDisk Extreme Pro microSD/SD - 200MB/s - 256GB it's a little bit faster;

this is the card I use - used on X2, and currently on RS 1 inch 6K.  I occasionally get a 'frame dropping' error right to start recording, then camera stops, but if this error happens (seldom), camera Always works on the next try.  Never had that issue twice in a row.  But just that it happens at all can be frustrating. 

I have not had the issue you describe.

As for your described issue itself, in my experience - the problem could certainly be the card.  I'd say it is likely an issue with that one specific card.  You definitely want to test it out with another card to see if issue resolves.  There's always a chance its a hardware issue with your specific camera too.

• Thanks 1

What is going on with the tube?  Uploading in the best Full HD 60 fps quality, and then the Tube does its HD processing and so whats the result? Sh*t.  What's the problem?

First picture is a screenshot direct from the video, the second pic is the result as seen on the tube (in HD)... i dont get it?

before-ut-ul.jpg

from-ut-ul.jpg

43 minutes ago, Robse said:

What is going on with the tube?  Uploading in the best Full HD 60 fps quality, and then the Tube does its HD processing and so whats the result? Sh*t.  What's the problem?

First picture is a screenshot direct from the video, the second pic is the result as seen on the tube (in HD)... i dont get it?

before-ut-ul.jpg

from-ut-ul.jpg

idk, but when u figure it out, lmk.

i'm all in now with a insta360 x4 still in the box next to me and, starlink, iphones 15 pro max, and new ipad coming in a week or so.

i have noticed that youtube continues to further process the videos after they first publish them. so what is shit now, in a few hours might be great.

riding wheels for ranch surveillance is my job. figuring out how to publish videos on youtube quickly is my hobby. been at it since 2006.

On 5/22/2024 at 7:57 PM, Robse said:

Has anyone here had memory speed issues on their Insta360 X2 camera?  
I have an X2, and in addition a Sandisk Extreme 256GB SD card, with specs:
UHS-I U Class 3, Video Class V30, Write speed 130 MB/s, Read speed 190 MB/s
Completely in line with what Insta itself recommends.  It has worked fine
for 1/2 year.   But now it's teasing.  I'm on a trip and click the start record
button.  The camera starts and i swing the selfiet stick backwards, riding along
in the belief that everything is fine.  Suddenly I hear a sound from the camera,
i swing it forward and in a split second manage to read "recording stopped,
card speed is to slow". Wtf? :wacko: 
And then the circus begins.  I can start the recording and wait... 20 seconds,
then it turns off again.  Or it continues until I interrupt myself... but not every time,
It's completely random and not to be trusted.  It is not because the camera gets
particularly hot, but it is clearly warmer now than it was last winter.  I have tried
deleting the sd card.  Formatting it, also the long-low-level one, and also let the camera
format itself.... I thought that was the solution as it worked fine right after... and
then 20 minutes later it didn't anyway.  I do not know what to do.  Camera runs latest
firmware.  Can a sd card lose speed over time? or does performance deteriorate when the
card gets hot?  I've considered trying to buy this card:
SanDisk Extreme Pro microSD/SD - 200MB/s - 256GB it's a little bit faster;  200 MB/s read
and 140 MB/s write.  Will it help?
HELP :(

Edit: allowed myself to tag a few forum members who I'm pretty sure have experience with Instacam:  @EMA , @Forwardnbak , @WILSONEUC , @WheelGoodTime , @Ronin Ryder , @Ben Hatfield ;)

so you don't have the Pro version but the standard one ? i'm not sure if this model could work with these cameras, the Pro for sure

from my exp sd card last long but they are not eternal,  sometimes they die :(

i use Sandisk Extreme Pro too on all my cameras, all 128gb size, in my case they are still working fine after some years and lot of recording.
I'm sure my sdcard has been used on X2 and X3 at least, so it's a lot of recording time and data.

I've recently purchased another Sandisk Extreme Pro 256gb for the X4, it's working fine, can't tell anything else atm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EMA said:

so you don't have the Pro version but the standard one ? i'm not sure if this model could work with these cameras, the Pro for sure

from my exp sd card last long but they are not eternal,  sometimes they die :(

i use Sandisk Extreme Pro too on all my cameras, all 128gb size, in my case they are still working fine after some years and lot of recording.
I'm sure my sdcard has been used on X2 and X3 at least, so it's a lot of recording time and data.

I've recently purchased another Sandisk Extreme Pro 256gb for the X4, it's working fine, can't tell anything else atm.

No i did not use the pro, just the extreme.  But now I've just bought a pair of "pro" versions, so we'll see if that solves the problem. And otherwise there will soon be a long throw competition with a cam from the Vejle Fjord motorway bridge.  I just can't deal with such crap that doesn't work.:wacko:

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 11:44 AM, Robse said:

I've often wondered about this - in short, it seems like Youtube does a 'rush mode' to get top resolution processes as fast as possible.  It seems (and I have Not had this confirmed) that Youtube continues to process, and resolution improves over time (check it in a couple days, a week, a month).  I've seemingly noticed improvement on older uploads when I've watched them significantly later.  Like feedback on this if anyone has noticed anything similar.

I export pro res 422 out of insta360 studio, on my macbook pro - I export 4K resolution 3840x2160, and end up with massive sized export files 60-150 gig video files.  I used to upload these files to Youtube with good success in terms of how the video looked, but it was time consuming, and seemed excessive.  So I use apple quicktime to open my final export, and use it to re-export at 4K.  the resulting export is still Very high quality at a fraction of the size, down to below 2 gigs.  I upload this quicktime 4K export to youtube now.  When the video is done processing on youtube, it looks pretty good.  Some loss, but pretty good.

Using the RS 1" 6K camera really improved quality.  More can be seen in the distance details especially, but also definition of tree leaves and such too.  I noticed with the X2, you really need Very bright light to get truly crispy video quality - like cloudless sunny day at noon.  I can't speak for X3 or X4, but I'd guess the X4 is a step up too.

(edit) also, always double check what resolution youtube is showing - sometimes it defaults to lower resolution, and has to be manually changed.  I got a browser plug in that forces chosen resolution, which I have at 4K, so it will just always play at that high resolution, if available

Edited by Ben Hatfield
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ben Hatfield said:

I've often wondered about this - in short, it seems like Youtube does a 'rush mode' to get top resolution processes as fast as possible.  It seems (and I have Not had this confirmed) that Youtube continues to process, and resolution improves over time (check it in a couple days, a week, a month).  I've seemingly noticed improvement on older uploads when I've watched them significantly later.  Like feedback on this if anyone has noticed anything similar.

I export pro res 422 out of insta360 studio, on my macbook pro - I export 4K resolution 3840x2160, and end up with massive sized export files 60-150 gig video files.  I used to upload these files to Youtube with good success in terms of how the video looked, but it was time consuming, and seemed excessive.  So I use apple quicktime to open my final export, and use it to re-export at 4K.  the resulting export is still Very high quality at a fraction of the size, down to below 2 gigs.  I upload this quicktime 4K export to youtube now.  When the video is done processing on youtube, it looks pretty good.  Some loss, but pretty good.

Using the RS 1" 6K camera really improved quality.  More can be seen in the distance details especially, but also definition of tree leaves and such too.  I noticed with the X2, you really need Very bright light to get truly crispy video quality - like cloudless sunny day at noon.  I can't speak for X3 or X4, but I'd guess the X4 is a step up too.

(edit) also, always double check what resolution youtube is showing - sometimes it defaults to lower resolution, and has to be manually changed.  I got a browser plug in that forces chosen resolution, which I have at 4K, so it will just always play at that high resolution, if available

ditto

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Rode to church with 2 friends today, 28 miles round. 

• I rode my new Extreme Bull GT Pro. It finished with 7% battery remaining.
  • A friend rode my Begode Master, it finished with 24% battery.
  • Another friend rode my 48V 1000W eBike ($1200 Amazon folding Mountain Bike with fat tires).  It was no assistance the last mile or two. 

The app on my wheel says we did 46 mph top speed (me and I believe my friend did at least 45 on the Master, but the ebike max was 30 mph).  Also app reports average riding speed was 20 mph (we had to keep checking the phone-map alot too).  

Edited by Elliott Reitz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Rode to church with 2 friends today, 28 miles round. 

• I rode my new Extreme Bull GT Pro. It finished with 7% battery remaining.
  • A friend rode my Begode Master, it finished with 24% battery.
  • Another friend rode my 48V 1000W eBike ($1200 Amazon folding Mountain Bike with fat tires).  It was no assistance the last mile or two. 

The app on my wheel says we did 46 mph top speed (me and I believe my friend did at least 45 on the Master, but the ebike max was 30 mph).  Also app reports average riding speed was 20 mph (we had to keep checking the phone-map alot too).  

I enjoy watching your content my man, but going the speeds you are going I would absolutely wear a helmet. But its your body and your euc so you can do what you want. But with my health insurance I would rather avoid hospital visits.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I would absolutely wear a helmet

He's got wrist guards, a baseball cap and safety glasses. What more do you want.......:D:P:D

also, if you stay upright, you don't need a helmet..

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
afterthought
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

He's got wrist guards, a baseball cap and safety glasses. What more do you want.......:D:P:D

also, if you stay upright, you don't need a helmet..

I don't usually use wrist guards.  Especially runnin the boys in the morning.  :D

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Robse said:

and upload time was.... tada.. 20 hours ? 😁

no, haha, 

"I setup spacecraft starlink yesterday too!

I’m hoping YouTube continues to process"

haha, new iphones as well.

just got rid of the stupid predictive crap!.

it was about 5 minutes.

Edited by novazeus
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, novazeus said:

no, haha, 

"I setup spacecraft starlink yesterday too!

I’m hoping YouTube continues to process"

haha, new iphones as well.

just got rid of the stupid predictive crap!.

it was about 5 minutes.

I have an InstaOne X2 that sucks.  It powers itself off too often, even when recording.  And powers off the display.  Its batteries don't last more than about 15 minutes either.  When I got it there were no spare batteries available.  I made a few videos with it.  Like this one in 360 mode:

More often I framed them, like this one: 

Still it took a long time to process them and ever since then I use my cell phone at arm's reach.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

yeah, i was hesitant esp with my lack of wifi.

but this x4 is a beautiful piece of hardware.

i've got it mounted on top of my helmet and can pretty much forget it's there and concentrate on keeping my ass off the ground.

i pull the smartcard reader with the 512 memory card and i can lay back in the ac and view everything.

i'm trying to educate pasco county sheriff to this new way to monitor parking lots at mega shopping centers like next door. 

it's a twofer. the cop tooling around on the wheel deters criminals, and i'm sure they could have live feed and a dispatcher watching in the office so they could alert the roving/wheeling cop to suspicious activity.

haha, yeah, if it required work, or time, not for me. smartcard reader is the way to go. easy peasy. 

haha, i'm trying to upload to youtube the ride i just shot before dark. 32 minutes and 360, this will be a test for elon and youtube.

evidently it takes youtube a long time to ramp up the quality on the videos. 

straight to phone or ipad, they are beautiful.

haha, i thought about doing that and singing with all of the copywrite yelling at me by utube.

i pay pandora for the right to play commercial free music. i can't help it if my surveillance video picks up the sound. 

this memory card is working great so far.

SanDisk 512GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - Up to 190MB/s, C10, U3, V30, 4K, 5K, A2, Micro SD Card - SDSQXAV-512G-GN6MA https://a.co/d/brBFc6S

Edited by novazeus

56 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I have an InstaOne X2 that sucks.  It powers itself off too often, even when recording.  And powers off the display.  Its batteries don't last more than about 15 minutes either.  When I got it there were no spare batteries available.  I made a few videos with it.  Like this one in 360 mode:

More often I framed them, like this one: 

Still it took a long time to process them and ever since then I use my cell phone at arm's reach.  

how about engineering a headsup display for rear view in a helmet coming off the x4?

Posted (edited)

ha! pretty darn quick!

i gotta tell my attorneys i'm sure how to watch them, or do humans figure it out.

i just figured out for me, the best viewing is on this new iphone pro max.

pretty cool u can just move the phone to look at what u want.

btw, look at either side of my ruts, pretty frigging rough.

see the rain will come and the grass will hide those dirt mounds. it's a workout.

Edited by novazeus

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

how about engineering a headsup display for rear view in a helmet coming off the x4?

No, then I'd need to wear a helmet.  Easier to just pull out my cell phone.  Like yesterday:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1