THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

I pass a spot where cars cross the bike lane and the exit is posted and posted with do not enter signs, but cars still turn in there so I'm well aware that driver mistakes do happen and act accordingly. The one pass I'd give the driver is that the biker coming the wrong way would have gotten my heart rate high enough to need to pull over at the first opportunity.

Still. Be aware around cars people. They will do the wrong thing—maybe not very often but you don't get to walk away very many times.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

They will do the wrong thing—maybe not very often but you don't get to walk away very many times.

Especially, if there are driveways going into malls, or whatnot, and the rider is flying down the bike lane at 30+ mph with cars in the curb lane. Even on a motorcycle, if there are driveways along a road during busy times, I get nervous.

Edited by techyiam

Artificial Intelligence Air Bag Vest, no tether for deployment.

Video time mark 0.02 sec, air bag fully deployed before rider separates and airborne.

Price of AI airbag vests have decreased dramatically.

'Klim' brand around $300 USD.

Reusable, DIY replace gas cartridge.

7 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

I agree.  I think the car driver was definitely in the wrong, but riders need to anticipate drivers doing the wrong thing and ride to that risk.

This ^^^ - apportioning blame once you’re all splinted up and in hospital or worse still, laying atop a slab is always going to be a somewhat otiose exercise.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

I agree.  I think the car driver was definitely in the wrong, but riders need to anticipate drivers doing the wrong thing and ride to that risk.

Yeah, but it is annoying as hell when you make eye contact, get their attention, and they *still* cut you off intentionally, even if riding in a crosswalk.

I usually just throw my arms up with a gesture of 'are you seriously this much of a d*ck?' (no fingers involved). Reacting harshly or violently only makes me, the rider, look bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, litewave said:

Yeah, but it is annoying as hell when you make eye contact, get their attention, and they *still* cut you off intentionally, even if riding in a crosswalk.

That can certainly happen. But I don't think about it like that anymore, and those negative emotions don't get triggered. 

What I have seen are many, many instances at intersections, where bikers, and PEV riders go first even though the car drivers have the right of way. So, once in a while, some drivers will return the favor. And I am perfectly fine with that now.

I don't let my mind process the negative version of the thought response, and no negative emotions get elicited as a result.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

That can certainly happen. But I don't think about it like that anymore, and those negative emotions don't get triggered.

And when the car cuts you off less than 2 meters in front of you while you are entering a crosswalk, and you have to take hard, evasive action?

Not even a hint of negativity? You must be a saint.

Veteran Sherman S EUC Teardown — What's inside this electric unicycle!?

5.02K subscribers

Premiered 4 hours ago

Albert joins us to tear down the Veteran Sherman S EUC.

Are the parts as high-quality as they look?

We tear open the Sherman S inside-out to see for ourselves.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, EDCampstore said:

The EUC rider is at fault here for ghosting the driver in his blind spot.

Not in this case. No question the rider could have taken defensive measures. However, the driver was 100% at fault, though. Look at the unobstructed traffic signage, posted right at entrance.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

Rider is traveling in car's blind spot.

Rider is not giving car sufficient all round spacing/buffer zone.

Road markings denote separate lanes.

Car not giving sufficient time/distance of warning turn signal.

Car crosses solid line, road marking, not dashed, at exit only driveway. 

Car disobeys clear, prominent signage of 'DO NOT ENTER'......Right turn arrow inside red circle/diagonal line.

The video at time mark 0.45 is just bizarre.

Oncoming-Rider.png

• Upvote 1