THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

15 minutes ago, Paul A said:

75 mph would be around 120 kph, too fast for an EUC.

Also, that dude was standing without much of an aerodynamic tuck. At 120 km/h, I don't think so.

Edited by techyiam

Video title and YouTuber details are:

Electric 🥜 passing truck

35 subscribers

Sep 2, 2022

electric unicycle passing truck 75kmt

Any mishap near/in front of the truck, and the rider would probably be crushed..
Truck probably not going to be able to stop/swerve in time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I just now installed the myewheel CNC slider kit (Search - KingSong S22 Suspension KIt (myewheel.com).  For me its perfect.  I don't bottom on an 11.5" drop and if I were I could use some compression.  Note that my 350 lbs spring required spring-compressors to install it.  

In this final assembly vid at 1:48 you can see how easy it is to compress the 1st inch or so.  

Edited by Elliott Reitz
  • Like 1

So new controller - at least it works, but WFT KS??? What's with this tippy-dippy BS?  Is it for beginners?  Its like soft mode on turns.  Just past 4:40 in this video it tipped-me-off the back when I did a 180 degree 5mph turn.  THAT SUCKS!  My old S18 is better than that BS and its why I'm using a 2YO controller w/o firmware mod on that wheel.  

Also, what a great improvement in suspension.  Just after 20s we peaked at 23 mph.  Loki is faster, Teddy was just keeping up and I ran out of open field grass so had to shut them down.  

Edited by Elliott Reitz
clarification

18 hours ago, techyiam said:

But, but, but, I keep on hearing from @Unventor and @mrelwood that Europeans ride small, light wheels.

No no no, MEDIUM size wheels! MEDIUM!!

(But Europeans are mostly sensible people as well, so that video is most probably not shot in Europe…)

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

No no no, MEDIUM size wheels! MEDIUM!!

Oh right, I got you mixed up with @Funky.

Apparently, if you are European, weighs 280 lbs, then you would want a small wheel. 🙂

BTW, did you hear Bob the CEO telling us that Inmotion is looking for ways to improve the V11? You guys may be in luck.

To help Bob to speed up the process, why don't you start a thread on What riders want on the next V11.

Edited by techyiam
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, techyiam said:

BTW, did you hear Bob the CEO telling us that Inmotion is looking for ways to improve the V11? You guys may be in luck.

What?! Oh boy! I have to get myself up to date on things.

19 hours ago, Paul A said:

Think it would be 75 kph.

75 mph would be around 120 kph, too fast for an EUC.

The dash is from a Volvo truck, and confirmed; the readings are km/h ,   and if you take a closer look at the rider, it looks like he is riding the beeps, several times he is doing the "oops to fast, better lean less" ;-)  btw, maybe he is a member?  

trukcpass2.jpg

Edited by Robse
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Oh right, I got you mixed up with @Funky.

Apparently, if you are European, weighs 280 lbs, then you would want a small wheel. 🙂

To help Bob to speed up the process, why don't you start a thread on What riders want on the next V11.

To me the size doesn't matter. :D It's the price and weight. (And most important to me - how well the wheel is built.)

Price/Weight - because of the said big batteries and overkill motors, that most don't need. V11 is plenty for most regular riders. Anything "bigger" is a niche market. But BOTH is needed the same time, big and small.

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Robse said:

btw, maybe he is a member?

Don't know.  Rider, truck driver, YouTuber might be all unknown to each other.

If a cyclist can reach 90 kph drafting truck, an EUC could probably also too.

Might be partial slipstream alongside the truck as well, but the rider did manage to pass and move in front of the truck.

Cyclist speeds at 90kph on motorway after getting caught in the slipstream of a lorry

1.37M subscribers
May 4, 2012

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Ok, so this guy survives this speed run on a divided highway. Next time, maybe not so lucky. This is the type of stupid shit that

will get EUC’s banned. And there it is for all the world to see. Again.

Can you imagine being in front of a semi going at those speeds. Mind you, if the truck driver was driving defensively, and understands euc cutouts possibilities, he would have hang back a lot more to accommodate the rider's stupidity. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Ok, so this guy survives this speed run on a divided highway. Next time, maybe not so lucky. This is the type of stupid shit that

Yes, absolutely idiotic behaviour that endangers everyone.

Maybe a lot of concerns about legalization, insurance, idiotic behaviours that endanger lives, could be mostly resolved.

Perhaps EUC's should be regulated like cars.

Visible registration plate to uniquely identify, registration of EUC ownership, EUC rider licence.

There would thus be accountability.

Usual penalties of fines, demerit points, suspension/loss of licence.

The benefits would be in exchange for legalization, insurance coverage, theft deterrence.

1 hour ago, OldFartRides said:

This scenario is inevitable, and finger-wagging will not matter. Yes, some will die in horrific situations, but we might as well start working toward strategies to defend our privileges to ride on roads and elsewhere.

The problem is that governments and safety groups overreact and seem to want to regulate/ban anything when a rare incident occurs.

I think the smart move is to require insurance for on-road riding and mandate insurance companies offer affordable policies. Let the markets sort it out.

13 minutes ago, Paul A said:

absolutely idiotic behaviour that endangers everyone.

Well, not in this case, since to the truck driver, it may just feel like a bug got spat on his windshield, or a car gets blown to pieces when a freight train with 300 cars strike it on the tracks.

14 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Well, not in this case, since to the truck driver, it may just feel like a bug got spat on his windshield

Perhaps.

EUC rider in front, cuts out/hits pothole/debris/whatever and falls....

Truck driver attempts to swerve/brake/jack knifes, loss of control.

Everyone else in the vicinity is endangered.

18 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

So new controller - at least it works, but WFT KS??? What's with this tippy-dippy BS?  Is it for beginners?  Its like soft mode on turns.  Just past 4:40 in this video it tipped-me-off the back when I did a 180 degree 5mph turn.  THAT SUCKS!  My old S18 is better than that BS and its why I'm using a 2YO controller w/o firmware mod on that wheel.  

Also, what a great improvement in suspension.  Just after 20s we peaked at 23 mph.  Loki is faster, Teddy was just keeping up and I ran out of open field grass so had to shut them down.  

Well the rollers not only make a big difference on the grass (26mph with dogs in the app from that ride with the dogs), but today on the road I reached top-speed without even realizing it (just under the tiltback speed).  I have a Begode Master that still has a tire that's not round (WTF a tire like that in 2022?) and the bounces couple into speed wobbles over 30 causing me to limit to 37 so far.  Once the Pirelli gets here maybe it will be faster.  But ... there's nothing like this S22 suspension now!  I'm running a 350 lbs spring that's 190mm (requires compress to fit).  I also used the spring compressors this morning to dial in another 1" of preload via the shock-nut.  Its super soft now, better than the V11 I sold (and that was previously the softest). 

Screenshot_20221030-124438_EUC World cr.JPG

Edited by Elliott Reitz
corrections

1 hour ago, litewave said:

This scenario is inevitable, and finger-wagging will not matter. Yes, some will die in horrific situations, but we might as well start working toward strategies to defend our privileges to ride on roads and elsewhere.

The problem is that governments and safety groups overreact and seem to want to regulate/ban anything when a rare incident occurs.

I think the smart move is to require insurance for on-road riding and mandate insurance companies offer affordable policies. Let the markets sort it out.

Instead of "car insurance" being locked into what I'm driving I would prefer to have "person insurance" for my liability regardless of what I ride or drive.  Its a fkn racket forcing each vehicle to have insurance regardless who drives.  Its the bad drivers that cause crashes and they're worse when its not their car.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Were you on a flat road, or were you going down a hill?

I was actually going up hill slightly when I peaked.  I got comfortable at speed with slight down-hill on my way to church, but on my faith-filled ride home :D I had been sitting at red-lights then cruising at 35 to 40mph, with sweeping turns at 30 mph.  The last 1/4 mile stretch I had enough confidence to push it a little bit more and OMG, 41.8 mph! I wasn't looking at the phone too much but I did see it at 40.  I have my phone mounted to the trolly handle with a dashboard clip-holder.   

Edited by Elliott Reitz
fixes
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

What inspire Bradley to say this is that he was in awe with the build quality of the Sherman-S, and probably disgusted with the poor build design and quality of the S22

Putting a lot of words in their mouths there, considering they both mentioned that they love the S22 despite the flaws in that same video, and actually spent a lot of time expressing their disdain for Begode's quality.

Edited by chanman
  • Upvote 1