THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Yikes! Happy you didn't get hurt (and that your knee brace worked). I'm sure your dealer will take good care of you.

Thanks Tawpie. I never roll without a helmet… well.

Dealer has been super, we are all still kind of scratching our head on this. Shame it felt so so nice, we all thought so. Might have to look for something else. 

Back to stock for now. 

Edited by Forwardnbak
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

Thanks Tawpie. I never roll without a helmet… well.

Dealer has been super, we are all still kind of scratching our head on this. Shame it felt so so nice, we all thought so. Might have to look for something else. 

Back to stock for now. 

Your tire looked underinflated {+ during curb drop} in your video.  Is that tire thick like the Kenda K262?  When I installed that tire I rode it below 10psi to try to get the mounting alignment improved.  Had I not known it was underinflated I wouldn't have noticed the feel since that tire was new to me at the time (put it on my S18).  I did the same thing with the SR241 on my MSX.  The stiffer tires feel more like street tires when underinflated. 

{+} Or maybe it got punctured or tube-defect or something to deflate when it happened? 

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Your tire looked underinflated {+ during curb drop} in your video.  Is that tire thick like the Kenda K262?  When I installed that tire I rode it below 10psi to try to get the mounting alignment improved.  Had I not known it was underinflated I wouldn't have noticed the feel since that tire was new to me at the time (put it on my S18).  I did the same thing with the SR241 on my MSX.  The stiffer tires feel more like street tires when underinflated. 

{+} Or maybe it got punctured or tube-defect or something to deflate when it happened? 

Hey Elliott, nice keen eyes :) good pickup. I saw the same thing and wondered. The slow motion footage is the first roll and it seems ok. The whole time i thought it felt fine, not al all like it was under inflated. saying that though, i’m not used to a knobby or the lower pressures of these tyres i usually run 40-45psi.

I wondered about a slow leak after i kept wracking my head on this, maybe valve leak or tube? It was an older tube which wasn’t replaced at the time. 

• Like 1

Nice I can’t wait to purchase a long range wheel come spring 2023 .will be watching all manufacturers upcoming beast wheels to see which one I settle on but I’m leaning twords the master pro 4800wh 🫶 time to get a 3rd shift job over the winter to save up extra money 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Ouch that’s gunna leave a mark 😱 

beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep crash

The sound of ........  Darwin?  :facepalm:

Can't really feel any sorrow for this kind of riding anymore, it's just plain ......

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Ouch that’s gunna leave a mark

Good lord. On one side you kinda have to admire the guy's bravery and confidence in his armour, and I suppose its useful to the wider community in a 'horrible lesson' sort of way, and it does confirm that the beeps aren't joking ! Also, a bit of a testament to its endurance, which seems... better than the Master; I'm astonished that cushion didn't rip itself to pieces in such a sustained tumble on asphalt, and that the wheel was still working and apparently ridable afterwards !

PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a full range test, but a preview of what to expect. If riding 25 miles per hour of various surfaces, elevations, expect ~40-45 miles range. Watch how quickly battery drains .   Wheel requires constant charging as well. Standard charge from 50-100 percent (balanced) can take up to 6-10 hours!!!

• Like 1