ACM board help

Scott Henley

So , as you all know I’ve had issues with my ACM . @Rehab1 was nice enough to send me a brand new pcb but neither of us thought about the fact that my wheel is 67v and the pcb is for 84v. So my question is, is there anyway to have the firmware for 67v loaded on this board ? Or is there anything else I might be able to do this is a brand new never installed pcb ? @Marty Backe, @Jason McNeil, @KingSong69, @Smoother...any ideas guys ? Maybe somebody has a 67v to trade for an 84v ? Otherwise I guess I’ll send it back to @Rehab1

29 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

So , as you all know I’ve had issues with my ACM . @Rehab1 was nice enough to send me a brand new pcb but neither of us thought about the fact that my wheel is 67v and the pcb is for 84v. So my question is, is there anyway to have the firmware for 67v loaded on this board ? Or is there anything else I might be able to do this is a brand new never installed pcb ? @Marty Backe, @Jason McNeil, @KingSong69, @Smoother...any ideas guys ? Maybe somebody has a 67v to trade for an 84v ? Otherwise I guess I’ll send it back to @Rehab1

It has power electronics for 84-volts. Will never work in 67-volt wheel, unless you want to go all mad scientist :D

Maybe just pay it forward and offer to the next person that has an ACM failure :confused1:

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It has power electronics for 84-volts. Will never work in 67-volt wheel, unless you want to go all mad scientist :D

Maybe just pay it forward and offer to the next person that has an ACM failure :confused1:

Nope , no mad scientist here . Was hoping I could maybe swap it for the 67v version with one of the fine resellers we have on here . (Since it is, after all brand new ) ?

If not , ill buy one , send this one back to Dan or keep it and give it I someone in the future that needs it . But that’s up to @Rehab1 to decide since it’s his . 

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

67v and the pcb is for 84v. So my question is, is there anyway to have the firmware for 67v loaded on this board ? Or is there anything else I might be able to do this is a brand new never installed pcb ? @Marty Backe, @Jason McNeil, @KingSong69, @Smoother...any ideas guys ?

Yes, we can reflash to board for you to support 67v. Can you drop Joey a line, he has the GW Flashing tool.

This version has the update to prevent the Wheel from spinning out of control as well. 

26 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yes, we can reflash to board for you to support 67v. Can you drop Joey a line, he has he GW Flashing tool.

This version has the update to prevent the Wheel from spinning out of control. 

The power electronics for the 67-volt and 84-volt wheels are actually the same? Very interesting.

28 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yes, we can reflash to board for you to support 67v. Can you drop Joey a line, he has he GW Flashing tool.

This version has the update to prevent the Wheel from spinning out of control. 

That is awesome! Thanks Jason!

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yes, we can reflash to board for you to support 67v. Can you drop Joey a line, he has the GW Flashing tool.

This version has the update to prevent the Wheel from spinning out of control as well. 

Yes . I just spoke with Joey , he wasn’t sure at first but I just heard back from him and he said it can be done . I’ll send it overnight air on Monday in hopes to get it back by the end of next week.  Thanks @Jason McNeil I appreciate all the help ! 

I am a little bit sceptic...

Hopefully someone else has tested this ;-)

when at all this works only in this direction.

I mean re-flashing a 84v board to 67 volt but not other way around.

Why?

Because the boards HAVE different hardware, the capacitors for example are 100v(84) instead of 80(67v).

So hopefully this more „geared up“ hardware functions same when running just on 75%.....

11 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I am a little bit sceptic...

Hopefully someone else has tested this ;-)

when at all this works only in this direction.

I mean re-flashing a 84v board to 67 volt but not other way around.

Why?

Because the boards HAVE different hardware, the capacitors for example are 100v(84) instead of 80(67v).

So hopefully this more „geared up“ hardware functions same when running just on 75%.....

Hmm. See this was my question as well. The capacitors on my board are 80v . The capacitors on the new board are 100v. But @Jason McNeil has said it will work . So I’ve got to believe he knows what he’s talking about . 

2 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Hmm. See this was my question as well. The capacitors on my board are 80v . The capacitors on the new board are 100v. But @Jason McNeil has said it will work . So I’ve got to believe he knows what he’s talking about . 

Yeah, sure!

Jason knows what he is talking about!!!

I just wanted to point out hatdware is not exactly the same...so there is a bit sceptismon my side. 

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Yeah, sure!

I just spoke directly to Jason a few hours ago and Scott’s board can be reflashed to the lower voltage. They did a similar conversion on an MCM board earlier today.

16 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Yeah, sure!

I just wanted to point out hatdware is not exactly the same...so there is a bit sceptismon my side. 

That was my initial thought as well. This new board has slightly higher specs than the older one . Now I’m no electrician and if I’m being completely honest , I have no idea what all of this actually means : Many people have expressed this same skepticism but possibly just because few people have tried to do such a thing . You generally wouldn’t be in a position to go from 84v to 67v. 

7 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Yes . I just spoke with Joey , he wasn’t sure at first but I just heard back from him and he said it can be done . I’ll send it overnight air on Monday in hopes to get it back by the end of next week.  Thanks @Jason McNeil I appreciate all the help ! 

BTW, I take it that the board you are replacing is the one with the 'damaged, not really damaged' MOSFET? Did someone tell you that the MOSFET is now dangerous (I'd like to know why they told you that)?

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, I take it that the board you are replacing is the one with the 'damaged, not really damaged' MOSFET? Did someone tell you that the MOSFET is now dangerous (I'd like to know why they told you that)?

A few memebers have experessed concern . @Rehab1, @EUC GUY, . Have both said it might be best to replace it .

I’ll be honest , I don’t understand circuitry enough to know one way or the other . But what I do know is that in person that burn mark is deep. Very close to the legs on the mosfet. Maybe it’s fine ...but I think I’d always worry about it and not be able to fully trust the wheel . 

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Not sure if anyone stated it was dangerous. I just happen to have a free spare board. If it gives @Scott Henley some piece of mind while riding then it will be worth it.:)

Archived