New Gotway 2018 Product Unveil / Crowdfunding (S. China Feb. 2)

1 minute ago, Stan Onymous said:

Someone tell @Marty Backe to get on a conference call with them. :D

I saw that posting. They were also going to announcement something about new ventilation systems in their wheels. Hopefully someone will let us know what happened.

15 minutes ago, who_the said:

Facebook is saying new MCM5. Supposedly a live stream of the event at 3:30 a.m. Pacific time.

wow. I did a google search and found this from October, translated from Russian:

GotWay MCM5

1200W motor

760 Wh battery))

Production start-up period is 2017 =)

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://transporteco.net/index.php%3Fapp%3Dforums%26module%3Dforums%26controller%3Dtopic%26id%3D13&prev=search

67fd80c1-28ab-4e8e-8004-f5ad0c703188.thu

Those specs would blow the KS-14s out of the water. An engine the size of the KS-16s in a 14" wheel body. It would probably go 25-28 mph too. Holy crap. And great torque and hill performance because of the small wheel size and huge motor/battery.

I just bought the MCM 3 V2, maybe I should learn how to ride it before lusting after a more powerful version.

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Those specs would blow the KS-14s out of the water. An engine the size of the KS-16s in a 14" wheel body. It would probably go 25-28 mph too. Holy crap. And great torque and hill performance because of the small wheel size and huge motor/battery.

I just bought the MCM 3 V2, maybe I should learn how to ride it before lusting after a more powerful version.

Currently the KS14S is by far the best performance 14-inch wheel. I've always thought that Gotway has dropped the ball in the 14-inch category. But maybe with the introduction of this wheel the tables will be turned in favor of Gotway. Then Gotway will own every segment of the EUC market.

With Gotway continuing to churn out new wheel designs and KingSong financially struggling and unable to get the 18L to market, it might be a good time for KingSong fans to buy their preferred wheel now before they go out of business ;)

14 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Scouts Honor ummmm... the Moonwalk is effectively dead now, no sales, was a me-too e-board that was poorly thought out with the heavy weight, small nipple acceleration foot triggers

Ahh good catch. I didn't notice that the video was a year old. Weird that on the front page of Gotway's website that clicking on a featured image of an EUC would bring me to the web page of an outdated longboard

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

Ahh good catch. I didn't notice that the video was a year old. Weird that on the front page of Gotway's website that clicking on a featured image of an EUC would bring me to the web page of an outdated longboard

Actually, when considering that this is Gotway, it's not strange at all. They are notorious for maintaining an incomplete and horribly out-of-date website :facepalm:

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

With Gotway continuing to churn out new wheel designs and KingSong financially struggling and unable to get the 18L to market, it might be a good time for KingSong fans to buy their preferred wheel now before they go out of business ;)

That would be a shame.

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

That would be a shame.

Sure would, since Kingsong has come out with a stunning five models in the past year with inner Model designs and new motors and boards. The 18L need not be on the market when there are still people clamboring for the 18ay and 18s. Now Gotway does have more new names for whatever thats worth.

Holding back on the 18L is a smart business decision. Dont compete with yourself, and it is not a funding situation unless you consider it bad business and lost sales to release it right away, which is what the market is saying right now. People will always want newer wheels. There is no perfect wheel, and wont be for the foreseeable future

50 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Sure would, since Kingsong has come out with a stunning five models in the past year with inner Model designs and new motors and boards. The 18L need not be on the market when there are still people clamboring for the 18ay and 18s. Now Gotway does have more new names for whatever thats worth.

Holding back on the 18L is a smart business decision. Dont compete with yourself, and it is not a funding situation unless you consider it bad business and lost sales to release it right away, which is what the market is saying right now. People will always want newer wheels. There is no perfect wheel, and wont be for the foreseeable future

I can't think of a valid business that would not get a product to their customers as fast as possible, unless they are a monopoly.

I think that you are attributing some kind of weird business strategy to what in reality is poor management by KingSong. What I heard last year was that the owners of KingSong were mismanaging their finances in the non-euc side of the house which was impacting their EUC business. The delay of the 18L (if true) is a manifestation of their poor business practice and is not a good sign.

I'm certainly not rooting for their failure. I keep hoping that KingSong will more strongly compete with Gotway so that Gotway ups their QC game. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

If this 18L delay due to lack of funds is real, KingSong is really going to fall behind. Meanwhile Gotway will continue to flood the market with new and exciting (to me - I can't speak for anyone else) wheels, along with Ninebot and Inmotion/Solowheel.

Gotway is releasing a new MCM, a 20-inch wheel, new versions for the ACM and MSuper, and ab100-volt Monster. And I've heard of other dramatic improvements coming down the road.

2018 is looking like an exciting year for EUCs when you look at Ninebot, Inmotion, and Gotway. KingSong is looking more like an also-ran.

We shall see how all that will get funded as well. Kingsong has been catering to the market and is now more the industry standard than Segway. Keep your QC keybye blinders on and hopefully Gotway will be able to bring them to market. Car companies barely put out a new model each year, and phone makers are on similar schedules, so there really is no delay in any Kingsong products at this point in the year.

Right now the Shenzhen stocks are in a 6 month slide with a few peaks since Oct 2017. With the Chinese central bank tightening funding, that leaves very little investment capital around. Keep in mind also its the Chinese new year, and nothing will get done til the 22nd. If the Kingsong crowd funding isnt just a poorly conceived eastern european Dealership promo, it is a creative way to bypass the concept of paying investment interest on products as a business cost. Pretty revolutionary. 

I guess when you are the goto wheel for EUC riders, like Kingsong, you feel the need to explore other conquests. When you are a gimmick wheel you are always trying to prove your relevancy by out doing yourself. Especially if you technically need to in order to not injure your customers. I am happy to harvest the work from both and have.  I hope the others can catch up. I also hope these things start to get lighter too.

My words to any of this "rumours":

i would be carefully to participate in them...and spread them like they were 100% true.

If any at all...we westerners know nothing about these small companys, which they still are!

Kingsong financially strugling? The need to "crowdfund" a wheel wasnt there for KS till the KS16....that was about 2 years ago. 

Btw.: Did any have the idea that such rumours are spread by the competitor? Or that "delayed" rumours are coming from a seller who wants to do a sell of his stock directly? And not in April, when the announced wheel is coming?

Some more rumours:

In November one of the Rockwheel partner take the money and run away! They just lived on because they got a financial injection in January?

Truth??? Does anybody believe that? I would not ....as i also dont believe any other rumours ;-)

Archived