Heads Up Display while riding

Cranium

7 hours ago, Cranium said:

hahaha....I have my mixer rum and my sipping rum.  My sipping rum is never mixed and my mixing rum is never sipped. 

Nice saying! In Cuba i learned to enjoy the cuba libre - never did this before or afterwards... Maybe next summertime i'll try it again!

7 hours ago, Cranium said:

My mixing preferred choice is Sailor Jerry.   The Diplomatico is a pretty good sipping rum.  Ron Zacapa Centenario Sistema Solera 23 Rum is another in that price range that is pretty good.  I bought a bottle of El Dorado 21 Year recently that is very good for sipping if you want to spend a bit.

Or the Gosling Family Reserve, if one wants to spend a bit more and have it a bit less sweet, or the Kraken or the Pampero Aniversario for a unbeatable price performance, or .....

... and not to forget the cuban cigar accompanying the sip(s) perfectly... :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So does the rum-fetish mean that we're "pirate  e-unicyclists"?

Or do I still need to wear the eye patch?

The eye patch could be a great ash protection for smoking cigars accompanying the rum while riding! :P

• Like 1

Interesting, but I'm thinking a camera would really be useful, especially for everyday situations. Having a rolling video in memory, even for the last 2 minutes, would be great, especially on something that is geared toward wearing all the time. They said they wanted it to be "non-invasive" by not having one, but IMHO not having one reduced it's usefulness.

• Upvote 1

Also, interesting how all of these technologies are using "very low power lasers" to project the information. I'm wondering (long term) how having lasers continually shot into your eye will affect them. Kind of like being "a little bit pregnant".

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Lillian said:

So close. I'm longing for a cheaper Skully solution - a HUD that provides rearview vision. 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/argon-transform-make-any-motorcycle-helmet-smart#/

Tada. If you're willing to risk indiegogo/kickstarters 😋 I admit I am tempted though. But these things always over promise and under deliver in my experience of backing 5 campaigns so far. I've told myself it's better just to wait and see what happens. Basically the equivalent of a video game pre-order. Just doesn't make sense not to wait to read the reviews first. 

9 hours ago, MrRobot said:

Love the phrasing: "No need to install an unsightly Go-Pro". Yeah, because this is sooo much more elegant.

giphy.gif

It looks like one of those things that will be featured in a tv show 40 years from now to make fun of as "look how they had to do it back in the day hahahaha".

Steve-McQueen-Camera-helmet.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrRobot said:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/argon-transform-make-any-motorcycle-helmet-smart#/

Tada. If you're willing to risk indiegogo/kickstarters 😋 I admit I am tempted though. But these things always over promise and under deliver in my experience of backing 5 campaigns so far. I've told myself it's better just to wait and see what happens. Basically the equivalent of a video game pre-order. Just doesn't make sense not to wait to read the reviews first. 

I'm with you on that. If it's not on the market, I won't buy it. Even things on the market have resulted in long wait times before delivery. I waited 5 months for both my CycleBoard and Onewheel Pint. Like you, I have paid for other things that never panned out, so issa nah. But thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye on  kit. 

I will say on the positive side, I watched the Yike Bike from when there was only one starter model, and it developed well. 

Edited by Lillian