A Super-Sized EUC Mobile App Comparison (eWheels.com)

houseofjob

The following EUC Mobile App comparison was commissioned by eWheels.com in an attempt to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the major EUC mobile apps available today.

[edit: this comparison was mostly focusing on Main Page Dashboard layout/ergonomic strengths and weaknesses, hopefully pointing out where key important metrics and buttons were missing and relegated unnecessarily to secondary screens / menus]

9170XXM.png

B9QBw8B.png

UcWAesg.png

H2yz6sE.png

lNG5Cur.png

UcWAesg.png

hWHeGUQ.png

99tXeHm.png

Nice effort, but the old version of WheelLog was evaluated which pales next to the version that I and many others use.

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice effort, but the old version of WheelLog was evaluated which pales next to the version that I and many others use.

Are you referring to "WheelInfo", blue-green background color? (which I believe was modified by Russian devs, not the original creator).

If so, this was considered, but how is it really different from a grand design/layout/feature-availability perspective?

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

No Gyrometrics love?  :cry2: 

4 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

yip, gyrometrics is missing.....

*welp* :huh: yes Gyrometrics being missing was a bit of an oversight. <_<

I don't recall Gyrometrics having a proper dashboard (not just log) but it seems they do; was this always the case since v1?

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

*welp* :huh: yes Gyrometrics being missing was a bit of an oversight. <_<

I don't recall Gyrometrics having a proper dashboard (not just log) but it seems they do; was this always the case since v1?

Dont know that exactly....

Gyrometrics is also kind of Inspirator for some of the other multi wheel apps, they have used some of the code the Gyrometrics developer has written first.

In my view Gyrometrics is on the same Level as wheellog and/or darkness.....

Great work! Not sure why you do all the work just to highlight how dire the situation is with all manufacturers, though:efee8319ab: But I guess the first step to fixing this is bringing this into the open.

--

I also did a super- exhaustive App test of my own, it matches the findings:

62442.png

6 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Are you referring to "WheelInfo", blue-green background color? (which I believe was modified by Russian devs, not the original creator).

If so, this was considered, but how is it really different from a grand design/layout/feature-availability perspective?

It's documented here: 

It's still called WheelLog. The MAJOR difference is that you can now fully control (lights, alarms, tilt-back, pedal mode, etc.) Gotway, KingSong, and Inmotion wheels.

With this version of WheelLog you no longer need to use the manufacturer apps for 95% of your needs.

@Marty Backe Ah okay.

Should've made clearer in the description that this comparison was more heavily focused on the Main Dashboard Pages design layouts, screen real estate efficiency, and what key metrics / buttons are buried away in a second screen/menu that should not be.

Archived