Mten3 First Impressions / Review - BUY ONE NOW!!!

Marty Backe

2 hours ago, EvoKnvl said:

Wasn't ewheels talking about making a $600 MTen version that was either less V or smaller battery? Wouldn't that fit what you're looking for?  

Yes, although I'm afraid puny battery capacity will make riding miserable. It will greatly depend on type of cells used. If they will be cheap Chinese 18650s, most likely huge voltage sag will make the battery appear to the controller as 50% charged right from full 100% charge, from zero speed start or pendulums. If they are quality Japanese/Korean cells, just lower capacity than Sanyo 3500mAh, it might be ok.

It would be best if there was an option to buy it without the battery, for $400 or so. Then DIY a 520Wh battery pack from Sanyo's - 40pcs of them will cost about $200.

Edited by Aneta

7 hours ago, Aneta said:

Question to conservative Mten3 riders: what would you consider as "safe-ish" speed without any safety gear? I want to have a second, compact wheel for small errands and short-distance city explorations, without dressing like a robocop.

considering i fell at 12 mph and split my head open today on this wheel, i don’t think there is an arbitrary “safe” speed. 

(Fell because i was carving in the rain and the tire hit a raised portion of the road and threw me off). 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys looking for some guidance here.  Found a used mten3.  It is 3yrs old with 425wh battery.  Do you know if anything has been upgraded that I should be concerned with in the last 3 years?  Do i need to worry about the battery degrading?  It’s in good condition with low miles.  What would a fair offer be?  Thanks in advance... 

• Like 1

Consider than the MTen3 425 is on the China site for $800 shipped brand new, and the used one has a 3 year old lithium battery that might have sat uncharged for a while.

2 hours ago, JonnyBonz said:

Hey guys looking for some guidance here.  Found a used mten3.  It is 3yrs old with 425wh battery.  Do you know if anything has been upgraded that I should be concerned with in the last 3 years?  Do i need to worry about the battery degrading?  It’s in good condition with low miles.  What would a fair offer be?  Thanks in advance... 

Hi. Sorry I didn't respond to you earlier. I just sent you a PM.

This is so odd

ive just ordered one

and now all I see are people saying to get one 

I didn’t even research it

i just thought how cool

i can see this wheel replacing my feet

already I have plans to ride it everywhere

walk the dog Mten3

answer the door Mten3

put the garbage out, yep Mten3

cant wait!

• Like 1

I just ordered mten from aliexpress. And crawled through 27 pages. I was fighting to not order anything this year, but what can you do. :innocent1:

Hope this hurts calves less than the mcm3 boxy shell. Looking to improve my backward riding skills. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lirva said:

I just ordered mten from aliexpress. And crawled through 27 pages. I was fighting to not order anything this year, but what can you do. :innocent1:

Hope this hurts calves less than the mcm3 boxy shell. Looking to improve my backward riding skills. 

Oh, you are going to have so much fun with this wheel. Trust me. And if you're near any kind of enclosed space, like a parking structure, you can have lots of fun during this cold period of the year.

Every wheel can take a little acclimation, but the Mten3 shell tapers so I doubt it'll bother your legs much.

Congrat's :cheers:

• Like 2