My first EUC...

JomMas

Has arrived!

Rockwheel_GT16_01.jpg.186f08969da934ad02c22e71ad5f1bf9.jpg

Definitely a pain to learn how to ride though....specifically, inner calf pain lol. Only about 1.5 hours of practice so far, so still a ways to go I'm assuming. I have just put padding over it so I'm ready to move out of the apt & hallway to outside!

I can hardly wait to get out on the boardwalk and start zooming around. I have only seen 2 EUC's since 2014 out here in Santa Monica. Mostly e-bikes, some e-skate boards, a few One Wheels and of course the big Segways all the time since they rent those and do guided tours on them as well.

Really hating this learning stage though haha, I just want to get out and ride!

9 hours ago, JomMas said:

Has arrived!

Looks awesome!:thumbup:

9 hours ago, JomMas said:

Take your time, watch the plethora of learning videos on YouTube. It will all begin to click shortly.

5 hours ago, Gimlet said:

Soccer shin pads twisted around to the inside of your leg work well!

Shin pads help to disperse the pressure on inside of your calves. They can be useful to help focus more on learning to ride than diverting your attention to the  associated pain. 

Here is a set of Triple Eight shin pads that occasionally use ( when not in work clothes) while working on different riding techniques. 

36766652022_f794f490b1_b.jpg

36541363350_d7bdccf871_b.jpg

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Man the blue GT16 looks awesome!  :w00t2:

All the colours look awesome! It's such a slick looking machine....if it wasn't for the QC issues and general mixed safety rep, I'd be getting one today!

10 hours ago, JomMas said:

Has arrived!

Rockwheel_GT16_01.jpg.186f08969da934ad02c22e71ad5f1bf9.jpg

Definitely a pain to learn how to ride though....specifically, inner calf pain lol. Only about 1.5 hours of practice so far, so still a ways to go I'm assuming. I have just put padding over it so I'm ready to move out of the apt & hallway to outside!

I can hardly wait to get out on the boardwalk and start zooming around. I have only seen 2 EUC's since 2014 out here in Santa Monica. Mostly e-bikes, some e-skate boards, a few One Wheels and of course the big Segways all the time since they rent those and do guided tours on them as well.

Looks like a transformer, looks nice though really like the color 

Cheap, fast, high-quality; pick two. The GT does look like a proper wheel.

If you're willing to forgo learning to mount then you may be able to get away with not using shin protectors although remember to bail well away from the wheel so the footpads do not hit you.

I think bailing from wheels is an important skill that doesn't get talked much around here, probably because no one likes to think of damaging their precious wheels. It's an important skill so you don't injure yourself, and wheels are pretty durable.

With shin damage, it's usually from learning to mount; you put one foot one then you jam your other foot on. You have to jam because you don't have the luxury of time to properly place your foot on the pad.

Personally, I had a good experience by foregoing mounting for three or so weeks, and got good enough at riding one-footed before learning to mount, though I didn't realize it at the time. If you learn to ride one-footed then you have all the time in the world to properly place your second foot instead of jamming it on (but I repeat myself).

14 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Cheap, fast, high-quality; pick two. The GT does look like a proper wheel.

If you're willing to forgo learning to mount then you may be able to get away with not using shin protectors although remember to bail well away from the wheel so the footpads do not hit you.

I think bailing from wheels is an important skill that doesn't get talked much around here, probably because no one likes to think of damaging their precious wheels. It's an important skill so you don't injure yourself, and wheels are pretty durable.

With shin damage, it's usually from learning to mount; you put one foot one then you jam your other foot on. You have to jam because you don't have the luxury of time to properly place your foot on the pad.

Personally, I had a good experience by foregoing mounting for three or so weeks, and got good enough at riding one-footed before learning to mount, though I didn't realize it at the time. If you learn to ride one-footed then you have all the time in the world to properly place your second foot instead of jamming it on (but I repeat myself).

Interesting thought on the one footed riding, I'd think that's like an advanced move! I've been practicing everything all together so I'll get on, move forward, (15 - 20ft so far) brake and step off. If I don't lose balance as I brake I'll try going backwards for a bit, (only like 2 or 3ft so far) as well. 

I've only been doing 15 - 20 minute sessions and sometimes I'll skip a day completely...although that was to let my legs heal a bit lol.

I was so desperate to stop the pain, (bruising) I took some old athletic tube socks, cut the tube part, fold them over and put them on my lower leg. Seems to be helping out so I might start extending my practice session times!

Yes the blue is awesome! I got a great deal from Yi Chen so had to pull the trigger lol. I was going to white to match my bike helmet and go with The Empire/Stormtrooper look. Almost went red to go with an Iron Man theme. I thought the blue would let me go with a Captain America theme but that's too easy! So I'm going to go for a theme from my childhood....

The BLUE FALCON is here!!

59a8dcae64ae0_bluefalconEUC02.jpg.e9f239185524bb90bbdf294363047c34.jpg

Archived